talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Give me a team to start following in La Liga and I'll do my best to watch/stay involved. I lost interest when Elche were relegated for financial mismanagement and excess debt and Real Madrid weren't.....

The same as Atlético Madrid being punished for something that Real Madrid have been pardoned for.

Anyway...  Why do you want to support a Spanish football club mate? xD

You moving out there? :o

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The same as Atlético Madrid being punished for something that Real Madrid have been pardoned for.

Anyway...  Why do you want to support a Spanish football club mate? xD

You moving out there? :o

I've got a fairly decent sky connection now and Sunday evenings will be free! Might as well follow a club and have some form ignoring vested interest.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I've got a fairly decent sky connection now and Sunday evenings will be free! Might as well follow a club and have some form ignoring vested interest.

Fair enough hahaha...  It'd be brilliant having you on here giving your opinion on how the season is panning out and match-days.

What sort of club do you want to follow?

Do you want to be a glory-hunter xD or something different?

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Fair enough hahaha...  It'd be brilliant having you on here giving your opinion on how the season is panning out and match-days.

What sort of club do you want to follow?

Do you want to be a glory-hunter xD or something different?

How dare you! Anyone play in purple (apart from the obvious cunts?).

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How dare you! Anyone play in purple (apart from the obvious cunts?).

hahaha...  I had to try subtly xD:whistling:

Purple?  That'd be Fiorentina in Italy mate.  None in La Liga that I know for although seeing as kits change radically these days, maybe something will pop up for next season.

On a serious note...  The issue with supporting a club you want to watch on the SKY platform in the UK is that we only get the usual suspects getting their games focussed on every weekend, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid and with frequent guest appearances from Valencia, Sevilla and Villarreal.  So maybe one of those aside from the two giants?

Clubs everyone loves in Spain aside from those I mentioned are Athletic Club Bilbao (a very good choice), Celta Vigo and the diminutive Eibar.  You now have Girona who have been promoted for the first time in their 87 year history for next season.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:17 AM, SirBalon said:

For some reason I've stopped getting alerts on the @ function... Have to have a look at my settings tomorrow morning.

Guti was an extremely gifted player with some extraordinary flashes of utter brilliance. But you said it yourself... His career practically means nothing of any note and he never even managed to be a feature for Spain. His attitude was terrible and very public too which doesn't win you any privileges with your coach whoever he may be. He is a cult figure for the fervent and fanatical Real Madrid fan though with his famed hatred for Barça being one of the reasons for this.

But he was gifted and a shame he threw it away in various different ways. There's one particular piece of play that comes to mind nearer the end of his career where he backheels a deliberate pass for a goal but I can't remember who it was against only that I remember thinking it was magical and inspirational. 

Guti was the best player on the pitch when he cared to make the effort. Sadly, he couldn't bring himself to care for more than 2 games a season.

It was a real shame. He had the ability to make deadly through balls and he was amazing in 1-on-1 situations due to his confidence. All too often that confidence escalated into arrogance, so in his bad games you might as well have played with 10 men.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Not as far as I know unless something has changed.

They are compulsory mate as I've read into it before and it's also something that has been well documented in the Spanish media in the past and how it's a downfall for the league in terms of the "smaller" clubs losing top quality for such pathetic fees.

Literally every player in the league has a clause and that's because they have to mate. Real Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't have release clauses in Ronaldo or Messi's contracts if it wasn't mandatory.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They are compulsory mate as I've read into it before and it's also something that has been well documented in the Spanish media in the past and how it's a downfall for the league in terms of the "smaller" clubs losing top quality for such pathetic fees.

Literally every player in the league has a clause and that's because they have to mate. Real Madrid and Barcelona wouldn't have release clauses in Ronaldo or Messi's contracts if it wasn't mandatory.

I know mate...  You mentioned it before on the other forum but as much as I've searched I've never found anything that forces clubs by law to apply buy-out clauses.  We've  had this debate before and I still don't see where it's obligatory.

I just think that it's the clubs guaranteeing money in a transfer market format that's ancient.

Edited by SirBalon

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Purple?  That'd be Fiorentina in Italy mate.  None in La Liga that I know for although seeing as kits change radically these days, maybe something will pop up for next season.

On a serious note...  The issue with supporting a club you want to watch on the SKY platform in the UK is that we only get the usual suspects getting their games focussed on every weekend, Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Atlético Madrid and with frequent guest appearances from Valencia, Sevilla and Villarreal.  So maybe one of those aside from the two giants?

Clubs everyone loves in Spain aside from those I mentioned are Athletic Club Bilbao (a very good choice), Celta Vigo and the diminutive Eibar.  You now have Girona who have been promoted for the first time in their 87 year history for next season.

Already keep my eye on the Viola mate B|

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Probably why I'm drawn to it 

That colour along with pouring wine into a glass with your left hand is seen as shocking in countries like Italy, Spain and Portugal.

So where are you swaying on choosing a club to follow in Spain for next season?

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That colour along with pouring wine into a glass with your left hand is seen as shocking in countries like Italy, Spain and Portugal.

So where are you swaying on choosing a club to follow in Spain for next season?

I'm considering Villarreal at present.

10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'm considering Villarreal at present.

That would be a good choice.  A competitive club in terms of their resources and when we consider they're a town club of just over 30,000 inhabitants, then that makes it all the more remarkable.  Plus they play quality football!

On 06/06/2017 at 11:13 AM, SirBalon said:

What about Real Sociedad? I find them a very likeable club as well.

The big 2 basque sides(Athletic and la Real), Villarreal and Sevilla are all worth looking out for in my opinion. Real Sociedad have a lot of potential at the moment too, it's all about keeping the likes of Martinez(which I hope they do personally, as it's great to see players stick by a club in this day and age, although it's quite common from the 2 basque clubs to be honest) and Eusebio as manager and I believe we could see them in Europe again soon. If they lose Rulli also, then I think they should go back in for Bravo as he would revitalise himself there. San Sebastian is as good as his home.

As for Eibar(another Basque club in fact), they are effectively the equivalent of Morecambe reaching the premier league, before establishing themselves as a mid-table club. It's amazing what they have achieved.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What about Real Sociedad? I find them a very likeable club as well.

The big 2 basque sides(Athletic and la Real), Villarreal and Sevilla are all worth looking out for in my opinion. Real Sociedad have a lot of potential at the moment too, it's all about keeping the likes of Martinez(which I hope they do personally, as it's great to see players stick by a club in this day and age, although it's quite common from the 2 basque clubs to be honest) and Eusebio as manager and I believe we could see them in Europe again soon. If they lose Rulli also, then I think they should go back in for Bravo as he would revitalise himself there. San Sebastian is as good as his home.

As for Eibar(another Basque club in fact), they are effectively the equivalent of Morecambe reaching the premier league, before establishing themselves as a mid-table club. It's amazing what they have achieved.

The Eibar story is tremendous!  To think they had to search for €5m to enter La Liga when they were promoted because you have to put that in as a deposit at the start of every season.  They didn't owe anything to anyone, but they didn't and couldn't get the €5m...  Thanks to donations from all over the world they managed it...  And there they are!  A 5,000 capacity stadium that after three seasons in La Liga they're now about to expand into 15,000 due to demand.

La Real are a great club with a lot of history.  The book I've spoken about a few times called "Morbo" has quite a bit on them because the English author Phil Ball became a Real Sociedad fanatic when he went to San Sebastián on holiday and ended up staying there forever.

7 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

LaLiga SantanderVote below

Comparing Pep's Barcelona with Zidane's Real Madrid

14967428694687.jpg

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/06/06/59368e94e5fdeaf82e8b4624.html

The voting is spot on.

As great as it is that Zidane's Real Madrid have defended the Champions League, there is no way that a comparison should be made with Guardiola's Barcelona.  Aside from the fact that Pep's Barça is probably the greatest club side ever...  The also done the treble, but not just the treble, but won absolutely everything there was to win in 12 months in his first season which was the 6 trophies.  Also, Zidane doesn't come anywhere near the amount of trophies won by Guardiola's Barcelona.

I think it's a stupid argument but I get MARCA doing that to be honest...  Since they won the Champions League the other day they as well as AS (two Madrid based newspapers) have been trying all sorts.  It works for you guys abroad, but not in Spain unfortunately or someone that knows their football.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Just had a quick look at the fixtures and Valencia are at home during the weekend I'm earmarking for a football related break on the continent and I was wondering how easy it is to get tickets there?

Unless it's against Barça, Real, Atlético or Athletic Bilbao, it's relatively easy because it's a big stadium. But I recommend you don't fall for them selling you tickets to the "Vomitorio" section because it's miles up in the sky and the first time I went there I ended up in that section and you meed binoculars. It's got a great atmosphere though!

• The topic was pinned