talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Quite tempted by Bilbao now @SirBalon any experience of going there and tickets?

I've been to two games there.  One was against Barcelona in the mid 90s and one against Deportivo which ended 1-1 and stopped a tremendous winning streak Deportivo were on.

Obviously that was in the old San Mamés which was known as the Cathedral of Football in Spain.  The new San Mamés is still amazing I've heard (not been there yet) and the atmosphere in Bilbao is always one of the best along with Atlético Madrid's.  I'd definitely go to that above all others mate if you can.  Plus the food in Bilbao or San Sebastián close by is the best in Spain. ;)

22 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How long in advance do the Spanish set their tv games? @SirBalon

There's the big question mate. La Liga are terrible with this and it depends on various factors as to how important the game is. The more detrimental to anything going on in the top slots, the closer that's determined to what time and what day it exactly gets played. 

I advise you to download the official La Liga App which os great with this and alerts you on specific games you choose beforehand. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

If anyone else is interested, I've just read an interesting post on reddit about how the fixtures are generated in La Liga and why teams always play each other in the same order apart from one special team, Valencia.

I knew everything else other than the Valencia detail and that's that I lived in Valencia for 10 years going to m most of their home games xD

Thanks for that...  Very interesting detail mate. ;)

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

From what I read I think it's a different team each year. 

It seems so, but after reading that I used it to find out what's occurred historically on a few other webpages and Valencia seem to have been used as the Joker in the pack quite a number of times.

Why are Arsenal charging so much for Lucas Perez? They don't need him, don't utilise him properly(they didn't need to sign him in the first place in fact as it was always highly unlikely to work out), he now wants to go home, but they are charging a ridiculous fee what Deportivo simply cannot afford. Greedy cunts.

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why are Arsenal charging so much for Lucas Perez? They don't need him, don't utilise him properly(they didn't need to sign him in the first place in fact as it was always highly unlikely to work out), he now wants to go home, but they are charging a ridiculous fee what Deportivo simply cannot afford. Greedy cunts.

The crazy thing is that when he did play for us he played really well and the team moved better than with Giroud.

But contracts are contracts mate. What's for sure is Depor can't afford it now and would be stupid to even pay the €9m they want to stretch themselves on. They've been going in the right direction for a while now while surviving and they need to stay doing this for a while longer. 

Arsenal on the otherhand have treated Lucas rather poorly in my view. 

16 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

TBH, you can't blame the president of la liga trying to stop the neymar deal. real madrid was able to win la liga and the champions league while playing youngsters/rotating players with a "rookie" coach Zidane. now you take neymar out of the equation and RM will have it way easier, thats what the president was worry about. you can add cou, dembele, and sanchez and they will still not replace what neymar did for Barcelona. la liga was boring to watch before this and it got even worst.

It wasn't too long ago that you were claiming Neymar wasn't all that great, that he was a diver and how Bale was a better player, before posting a video of Bale scoring a goal, in the only great moment he had in a Real Madrid shirt. Now Neymar is the second coming? Make your mind up.

8 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It wasn't too long ago that you were claiming Neymar wasn't all that great, that he was a diver and how Bale was a better player, before posting a video of Bale scoring a goal, in the only great moment he had in a Real Madrid shirt. Now Neymar is the second coming? Make your mind up.

Don't waste your time. Loves to blow different tunes now after the legendary Morata>>>>Lukaku debacle. 

Edited by Cicero

• 2 weeks later...

Good signing for Villarreal. He might be about 30 now but he didn't get into football until a later age to most players, so I don't think that should be a worry. He's got all the right attributes to do an Aduriz or a Ruben Castro in my opinion.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

5 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Good signing for Villarreal. He might be about 30 now but he didn't get into football until a later age to most players, so I don't think that should be a worry. He's got all the right attributes to do an Aduriz or a Ruben Castro in my opinion.

On the face of it, it looks like a very good signing.  But Villarreal could've done better in my opinion by searching out a gem which is what they've always done to be honest.  I hope Bacca isn't damaged goods with such a poor spell at Milan.

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

On the face of it, it looks like a very good signing.  But Villarreal could've done better in my opinion by searching out a gem which is what they've always done to be honest.  I hope Bacca isn't damaged goods with such a poor spell at Milan.

I don't know why they didn't buy Vietto back to be honest. He was excellent for them in that season he had there.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Bojan could be off to Las Palmas. I think that would be a beneficial move allround. Las Palmas could do with a striker and Bojan needs a new leash of life. Since leaving Barcelona, he had never played in Spain, although I believe it's where he'd be most likely to settle down at. He's played in England, Germany and Italy and while he's done alright, he has never truly settled down and played his best football. A move to Las Palmas could really be what he needs. He's still only about 26 so he still has plenty left.

Speaking of Las Palmas. I will be looking out for Halilovic this season. He seems to have gone under the radar recently and people are no looking speaking about the potential he had, although he's still young with plenty of time to develop as a player and it'll be interesting to see if Las Palmas is that club where he can finally show what he's about.

Samper is there now as well. These are all players that at some time, we all thought were going to make it big at Barcelona. Then again, in Samper's case, this is still a real possibility given that he's only just breaking onto the scene. He will have learnt a lot at Granada last season, although he will be playing around a much more talented group at Las Palmas and it will be ideal for his development.

37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Bojan has signed for Deportivo Alaves on loan.

Vedran has also gone there from Valencia on loan.

Joel Campbell has returned on loan to Betis(why don't Arsenal finally just sell the lad?) and Sergi Darder has gone to Espanyol on loan with an option to buy for 8 million euros.

• The topic was pinned