talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Kinell, why are we still getting rid of players xD

I wouldn't mind having Remy as a 3rd choice striker 

Remy probably doesn't want to be a 3rd choice striker and probably actually wants to play.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Remy probably doesn't want to be a 3rd choice striker and probably actually wants to play.

He knew what he was getting into when he joined. His injuries haven't helped his case and I recall in 2015 when he was fit, both he, Costa, and Drogba got plenty of game time. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He knew what he was getting into when he joined. His injuries haven't helped his case and I recall in 2015 when he was fit, both he, Costa, and Drogba got plenty of game time. 

but now, he's not getting games whether he knew what he was getting in to. He may have thought he could fight for his place, realise he's not as good to be at Chelsea, and told Conte/your board that he wants to go.

Let's say this is a more understandable transfer than some others you've done xD 

Just now, Stan said:

but now, he's not getting games whether he knew what he was getting in to. He may have thought he could fight for his place, realise he's not as good to be at Chelsea, and told Conte/your board that he wants to go.

Let's say this is a more understandable transfer than some others you've done xD 

Except when he was fit, he was good enough. His goals helped us win the title in 2015, and he got plenty of game time. If he doesn't want to continue to fight to be 2nd choice of Batshuayi of all people, he's a pussy. 

mapa-fichajes-mov.jpg

69 from 168 signings are from Spain in La Liga this summer

Spain maintains general belief in that the most important players to play in Spanish clubs ranks come from the homegrown turf.  From 168 signings by Spain's premier division in La Liga, 69 were Spanish players with incredibly 27 coming from English football at 27.  Then in third place Italy with 15 and Portugal in fourth with 9 joined by France.

The percentage has dropped slightly as in past seasons the Spanish national players were in a much higher position.  Still, the news is good that Spanish football schools continue to produce the footballers required by La Liga's sides.

19 hours ago, SirBalon said:

mapa-fichajes-mov.jpg

69 from 168 signings are from Spain in La Liga this summer

Spain maintains general belief in that the most important players to play in Spanish clubs ranks come from the homegrown turf.  From 168 signings by Spain's premier division in La Liga, 69 were Spanish players with incredibly 27 coming from English football at 27.  Then in third place Italy with 15 and Portugal in fourth with 9 joined by France.

The percentage has dropped slightly as in past seasons the Spanish national players were in a much higher position.  Still, the news is good that Spanish football schools continue to produce the footballers required by La Liga's sides.

Who are these players from the Premier League? I'm guessing a lot of them are Spanish themselves xD, although not all.

From the top of my head:- Deulofeu(Barcelona), Navas(Sevilla), Nolito(Sevilla), Lucas Perez(Deportivo), Remy(Las Palmas), Calleri(Las Palmas), Paulista(Valencia), Andreas Pereira(Valencia), Pau Lopez(Espanyol), Borja Baston(Malaga), Joel Campbell(Real Betis), Bojan Krkić(Deportivo Alaves), Muniesa(Deportivo Alaves), Amrabat(Leganes).

Who else? I can't think.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Who are these players from the Premier League? I'm guessing a lot of them are Spanish themselves xD, although not all.

From the top of my head:- Deulofeu, Navas, Nolito, Lucas Perez, Remy, Paulista, Pau Lopez, Calleri, Borja Baston, Joel Campbell, Bojan Krkić, Muniesa, Amrabat, Andreas Pereira

Who else? I can't think.

Jefferson Montero to Getafe from Swansea
Pantilimon to Deportivo La Coruna from Watford
Emiliano Martinez to Getafe from Arsenal
Enes Unal to Villarreal from Man City
Adnan Januzaj to Sociedad from Man Utd
Ruben Sobrino to Alaves from Man City
Jordi Amat to Real Betis from Swansea
Douglas Luiz to Girona from Man City
Olarenjun Kayode to Girona from Man City
Pablo Maffeo to Girona from Man City
Marlos Moreno to Girona from Man City

Girona putting their Man City links to good use xD 

All of the above were from the top of my head too :ph34r: 

What about the (potential) best signings this season? To make it simple, I'll pick a handful off the top of my head.

Maxi Gomes to Celta Vigo - The young Uruguayan will become a top striker in Spain, that I'm sure of already.

Kondogbia to Valencia - I'm not sure what happened with him in Italy, but he was class for Sevilla when he played in Spain. He's still young and looked quality on his debut against Real Madrid.

Semedo to Barcelona - I think Dembele was the right signing himself, but the fee was questionable(although understandable given the inflated market), whereas with Semedo, he cost 25 million euros which is (scarily) nothing in the current transfer market. He looks the real deal and could well be a steal there when you consider how much Arsenal wanted for Bellerin, who I don't believe is even a superior player.

Vitolo to Atletico Madrid - 33 Million sounds like a great price now for a player who has been one of the stand outs in la liga over the past few seasons and is now is in his prime. He can't join up with Atletico until January(he will play on loan at Las Palmas until then) but once he can join up with them, he's going to benefit them a lot.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Administrator

I'd have said Kondogbia to Valencia as well. I don't even think he was that bad for Inter. Surprised Inter used him as the makeweight to bring Cancelo in (who's injured already for 2 months apparently!)

Aab's Edison Flores is almost sure to get a move to either Spain or Portugal in 2018 according to some reports. He already played for Villareal despite not making it to the first team.

A player I once didn't like but he shut me up and is one of Peru's most important players. 5 goals these qualifers. Quick on the ball and has a good end product. Will fit in nicely I'd say.

It's no surprise that Peruvian players are being touted with the campaign they're having in their World Cup qualification games. I haven't heard anything about it but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest because they're the typical clubs that find good players (certainly Sevilla although without Monchi it isn't the same).

Villarreal are also good at this but he didn't make it there. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's no surprise that Peruvian players are being touted with the campaign they're having in their World Cup qualification games. I haven't heard anything about it but it wouldn't surprise me to be honest because they're the typical clubs that find good players (certainly Sevilla although without Monchi it isn't the same).

Villarreal are also good at this but he didn't make it there. 

Lots of Peruvians move to Spain at a young age but don't get a chance and come back as better players. Flores is one example, New York City's Alexander Callens is another. Right now Bryan Reyna is learning at Mallorca but he'll be back in Peru next year and then make his name there before moving.

It didn't work for Flores much in general but it worked excellently for Callens.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Lots of Peruvians move to Spain at a young age but don't get a chance and come back as better players. Flores is one example, New York City's Alexander Callens is another. Right now Bryan Reyna is learning at Mallorca but he'll be back in Peru next year and then make his name there before moving.

It didn't work for Flores much in general but it worked excellently for Callens.

Yeah I remember Callens. 

After his goal yesterday, Joaquin has now scored in each one of the 15 seasons he has played in top flight Spanish football. He's playing well this season as well. He's not the same speedy winger he once was but his tremendous technical ability and footballing intelligence has been very useful for Betis this season so far.

On another note, Messi has scored in 14 seasons now and Pique(interestingly) has scored in each of the 11 seasons he has played in Spain, 10 for Barcelona and one for Real Zaragoza.

(I've just realised now, this is Pique's 10th season? What the fuck? Where has the last decade gone?)

As for other players, Aduriz has scored in 13 of the 14, Sergio Garica in 10 of 12, Prieto in 11 of 12 and Ramos in 13 of 15.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

After his goal yesterday, Joaquin has now scored in each one of the 15 seasons he has played in top flight Spanish football. He's playing well this season as well. He's not the same speedy winger he once was but his tremendous technical ability and footballing intelligence has been very useful for Betis this season so far.

On another note, Messi has scored in 14 seasons now and Pique(interestingly) has scored in each of the 11 seasons he has played in Spain, 10 for Barcelona and one for Real Zaragoza.

(I've just realised now, this is Pique's 10th season? What the fuck? Where has the last decade gone?)

As for other players, Aduriz has scored in 13 of the 14, Sergio Garica in 10 of 12, Prieto in 11 of 12 and Ramos in 13 of 15.

i'm more stunned that Messi has been playing for 14 seasons :o

• The topic was pinned