talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Happy International Women's Day

football forum

Happy International Women's day to all the ladies out there and the guys on here who sees themselves as such! For we do not judge!

Seriously though, enjoy your day ladies!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

To have pineapple on pizza you must have developed some kind of vagina. Enjoy your day Tsubs :D

At least I'd be able to make the Pizza myself. Apparently you can't even make a Sandwich! :P

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Fuck this, one thing is father's and mother's day but this is just bullshit.

not everyone is a father and a mother though xD 

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Mazzari said:

Because people have decided any sort of female empowerment is an attack on men, even if men are completely uninvolved.

That is a joke I agree...

I assumed Spike thought the day was a joke or embarrassing.

55 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why is it a joke or embarrassing?

23 minutes ago, Mazzari said:

Because people have decided any sort of female empowerment is an attack on men, even if men are completely uninvolved.

Because it's pointless. Why does their need to be a day of recognition? Why can't any day be a day of recognition? It's just a platitude to wax the ego of some women. It's a Communist holiday anyway, founded by Soviets.

I don't need a day to post on social media or on forums 'Haha, what a great day to be alive, I love women and their contributions to society'. That's how I feel every day about all people.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Because it's pointless. Why does their need to be a day of recognition? Why can't any day be a day of recognition? It's just a platitude to wax the ego of some women. It's a Communist holiday anyway, founded by Soviets.

The fact you are asking that, and concerned by it says it all.

There are a multitude of reasons why it is still so necessary, it shouldn't be, but it is. It's a day to be raise the many issues still faced by Women in the UK and across the world. In 2017, women in the UK are more likely to work for less pay than men, in low paid sectors and be disproportionately affected by cuts to public services. The gender pay gap still persists at 18.1% for all full time employees. It's also a day to celebrate the many economic, social, cultural and political achievements of women and for that I am all for it. Clearly a forum full of predominately male football fans is not really the place you expect to find support for the day, but at some points attitudes in this country and across the world have to change or else the very real problems women still face on a daily basis will continue.

Just now, Storts said:

There are a multitude of reasons why it is still so necessary, it shouldn't be, but it is. It's a day to be raise the many issues still faced by Women in the UK and across the world. In 2017, women in the UK are more likely to work for less pay than men, in low paid sectors and be disproportionately affected by cuts to public services. The gender pay gap still persists at 18.1% for all full time employees. It's also a day to celebrate the many economic, social, cultural and political achievements of women and for that I am all for it. Clearly a forum full of predominately male football fans is not really the place you expect to find support for the day, but at some points attitudes in this country and across the world have to change or else the very real problems women still face on a daily basis will continue.

If women will work for less, it's their own issue. Nobody is forcing them to take a smaller pay then men, they are accepting a smaller pay then men. If I was an employer, I'd try to cut as many corners as I could, if I can get away with paying less then I will, I don't care if they are black, white, blue, green, women, man, child, or Martian. The pay gap in the US has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked, I'm a full-time employee and so is my wife but we have different jobs ergo the average is going to be skewed because we aren't performing the same services, that statistic skews context.  Are the sectors being cut because they are full of women, or is it just a coincidence that women are working disproportionately in redundant sectors? It's not the government's job to create jobs, it's the governments job to protect the rights of citizens and being guaranteed a job isn't a right. Any sort of governmental decrease is great as far as I'm concerned. 

Agree with Spike.

I don't  understand why they need to have a specific day to be celebrated. I thought they were passionately striving for gender equality? 

The pay gap is being taken completely out of proportion as well to a point where it's just ridiculous. It only accounts for the average income between men and women working full time. It doesn't account for occupation, education and hours worked. How is this myth not debunked yet? There's in fact a larger pay gap between whites and blacks. 

I'm probably more of a feminist then most of you lot. I want women to achieve by clawing and scratching their way to success; to have their success to be 100% truly theirs and their own (and that isn't even considering many women are extremely privileged, more so than many poor people). I don't want government programs hiring women for the sake of it, I don't want forced affirmative action in the workplace, I don't want jobs to have a 50/50 spread of gender. It's gotten to the point where many organisations over compensate and the tides are slowly switching to a positive female bias; because we are constantly pounded with this rhetoric of 'women are disadvantaged, women are blah, blah, blah' . The cycle of poverty is a far more brutal reality of being disadvantaged than being a women in the west. 

https://time.com/money/4147738/colleges-women-higher-acceptance-rate/

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

"Attitudes" in the UK and the world in general won't be better towards women than they are now in the future IMO, with the muslim population growing bigger and bigger and other races/religions decreasing in population over the next 30/50 years it is highly unlikely it will, in fact it will be the other way around i think. We are not the same, and never will be.  Like in animal species, one gender is the ruler, they were anatomically designed to be that way, in our case it's men.

Archived