talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Happy International Women's Day

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

Happy international women's to all men too, for having to cope with their tantrums every day. :ph34r:

it was meant to be yesterday but they took too long getting ready :ph34r: 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stereotypes say women are bad drivers but this thread is an absolute car crash with men at the wheel.

Being a woman isn't an ideology. All women don't share the same opinions, objectives or goals. Nor does International Women's Day have any universally agreed upon agenda towards the future of gender equality or the interpretation of today's standards. 

Certain factions of feminism try to hijack this day to push their own agenda but so what. If women are individuals they don't need you telling them what to believe. Are you all so threatened by these certain factions of feminism that you need to mansplain gender equality on international women's day. Funny.

My top tip for next year for those who get so rattled on this day of the year instead of just letting it be is to try and meet some women in the next 364 days. Failing that tuck your dick and balls into your arsehole to create a mangina and talk to yourself.

• Subscriber

Reminds me of an incident at the grocery store a few weeks ago: I went shopping with the girlfriend and got like 4 bags of groceries. The cashier asked if i need to grab a buggy, i simply with a straight face replied "no thats not necessary ive got her (pointed to my girlfriend) shes as good as a buggy". The cashier wasn't sure how to react she just kind of had a semi horrified look on her face as my girlfriend laughed. Sexist jokes are always tasteful :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Reminds me of an incident at the grocery store a few weeks ago: I went shopping with the girlfriend and got like 4 bags of groceries. The cashier asked if i need to grab a buggy, i simply with a straight face replied "no thats not necessary ive got her (pointed to my girlfriend) shes as good as a buggy". The cashier wasn't sure how to react she just kind of had a semi horrified look on her face as my girlfriend laughed. Sexist jokes are always tasteful :ph34r:

Coming from an extremely happy married man, if you can't make jokes like that in public and your girl understand the humor, then she shouldn't be your girl. The shit my wife finds hilarious is great for our relationship. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Coming from an extremely happy married man, if you can't make jokes like that in public and your girl understand the humor, then she shouldn't be your girl. The shit my wife finds hilarious is great for our relationship. 

Exactly! recipe for a prosperous and long relationship! she gives it to me just as much. 

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Exactly! recipe for a prosperous and long relationship! she gives it to me just as much. 

Same here. Enjoy it sir and don't think all women are like that, because they are not. 

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Stereotypes say women are bad drivers but this thread is an absolute car crash with men at the wheel.

Being a woman isn't an ideology. All women don't share the same opinions, objectives or goals. Nor does International Women's Day have any universally agreed upon agenda towards the future of gender equality or the interpretation of today's standards. 

Certain factions of feminism try to hijack this day to push their own agenda but so what. If women are individuals they don't need you telling them what to believe. Are you all so threatened by these certain factions of feminism that you need to mansplain gender equality on international women's day. Funny.

My top tip for next year for those who get so rattled on this day of the year instead of just letting it be is to try and meet some women in the next 364 days. Failing that tuck your dick and balls into your arsehole to create a mangina and talk to yourself.

I did and they agreed with me. They all strong minded women that feel patronised by this event.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I did and they agreed with me. They all strong minded women that feel patronised by this event.

I'm not sure why. There is a Man's Day for Christ sake, and I don't feel patronized about it. 

7 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

I'm not sure why. There is a Man's Day for Christ sake, and I don't feel patronized about it. 

I really liked International Men's Day because it was useful for raising awareness about men's issues such as the incredibly high suicide rates in young men in the UK. Far from patronizing in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Because in the current political zeitgeist the media whips up a storm about women's right and equality despite women having equal rights and equality. Some women are tired of being told that everything is stacked against them, men are evil, blah, blah, blah. Many just feel this is another day for feminists to push their agenda on how a woman should feel. If anything women are a woman's worst enemy and all their modern strife comes from them trying to control eachother.  Even if the day is banal, it's still a tool to push an agenda.

I think if you feel patronized by a day in your honor, than you take shit too seriously. I have a successful wife, and an EXTREMELY successful sister, and neither have a problem with me telling them Happy Woman's Day. 

1 minute ago, Ubuntu said:

I think if you feel patronized by a day in your honor, than you take shit too seriously. I have a successful wife, and an EXTREMELY successful sister, and neither have a problem with me telling them Happy Woman's Day. 

Women are individuals and are allowed to react to events differently. What does 'Happy Womens Day' even mean? Is it the same as wishing 'Merry Christmas'? It incredibly superficial, 'Happy day about something that was predetermined before your birth day!' It's stupid to feel any sort of pride about accomplishments that have nothing to do with you. Hey, congratulations mum, Marie Curie was a chick.

Because in the current political zeitgeist the media whips up a storm about women's right and equality despite women having equal rights and equality. Some women are tired of being told that everything is stacked against them, men are evil, blah, blah, blah. Many just feel this is another day for feminists to push their agenda on how a woman should feel. If anything women are a woman's worst enemy and all their modern strife comes from them trying to control eachother.  Even if the day is banal, it's still a tool to push an agenda.

Oh I get that, but their is also an International Man's Day, but do you feel patronized when they talk about men's issues such as colon cancer and such. 

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

Women are individuals and are allowed to react to events differently. What does 'Happy Womens Day' even mean? Is it the same as wishing 'Merry Christmas'? It incredibly superficial, 'Happy day about something that was predetermined before your birth day!' It's stupid to feel any sort of pride about accomplishments that have nothing to do with you. Hey, congratulations mum, Marie Curie was a chick.

I also don't get why people get upset about Merry Christmas. Are they assuming you are a Christian? Sure, maybe they are. Are they just trying to be pleasant and happy? Absolutely, so why get upset? 

5 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Oh I get that, but their is also an International Man's Day, but do you feel patronized when they talk about men's issues such as colon cancer and such. 

I don't give two shits about Man's Day; neither should exist (don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it). So let me regroup, Women's day is about the achievements of women and Men's Day is about how we will die of ass cancer? Kind of apples and oranges.xD

My wife just sent me this zinger:

pretty whatever about it, think it's kinda nice but also kind of patronizing in a way
ok you ladies can have a day too, just like pancakes get a day
I'd probably like it more if I got the day off

5 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

I also don't get why people get upset about Merry Christmas. Are they assuming you are a Christian? Sure, maybe they are. Are they just trying to be pleasant and happy? Absolutely, so why get upset? 

Because it isn't inclusive enough and might offend some people. So a bunch of middle-class white people that probably are Christian wage a war on it because it isn't PC.

Just now, Spike said:

Because it isn't inclusive enough and might offend some people. So a bunch of middle-class white people that probably are Christian wage a war on it because it isn't PC.

Too harsh there. We live right beside one another in the SOUTH where Christian typically is in your face and based on hate. I go to church (not sure if I'm a Christian, but that's a long story), but if someone was to say Happy Kwanza to me, I'd say it right back with a smile on my face. Same for Hanukkah or any other religious holiday. It's not meant to offend, it's mind to spread joy. 

Again, if their wasn't a "Man's Day', than yes, I could definitely see how women would see this day as patronizing, but there IS  man's day. If Women's Day is about pay difference, and woman's right, than Man's Day is about other issues that mainly only effect men. Again, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

11 minutes ago, Ubuntu said:

Too harsh there. We live right beside one another in the SOUTH where Christian typically is in your face and based on hate. I go to church (not sure if I'm a Christian, but that's a long story), but if someone was to say Happy Kwanza to me, I'd say it right back with a smile on my face. Same for Hanukkah or any other religious holiday. It's not meant to offend, it's mind to spread joy. 

Again, if their wasn't a "Man's Day', than yes, I could definitely see how women would see this day as patronizing, but there IS  man's day. If Women's Day is about pay difference, and woman's right, than Man's Day is about other issues that mainly only effect men. Again, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. 

I think you misunderstood me.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Here we are on a football forum, a sport where women and men can't play in the same team because of something predetermined at birth and yet you find it stupid that women would then grow up to identify themselves with other women. 

What is wrong with someone taking inspiration from others they can identify themselves with? See themselves in. Their struggles in. Here we are on a football forum where we celebrate the efforts of other people as if our own. Where we feel connection to people simply for being from the same area or country. Isn't that stupid then? Or is seeing inspiration through something similiar just a way in which we cope with the anxiety of the gap between where we are at and where we wish we were at.

9 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Here we are on a football forum, a sport where women and men can't play in the same team because of something predetermined at birth and yet you find it stupid that women would then grow up to identify themselves with other women. 

What is wrong with someone taking inspiration from others they can identify themselves with? See themselves in. Their struggles in. Here we are on a football forum where we celebrate the efforts of other people as if our own. Where we feel connection to people simply for being from the same area or country. Isn't that stupid then? Or is seeing inspiration through something similiar just a way in which we cope with the anxiety of the gap between where we are at and where we wish we were at.

I didn't say the bolded part at all, that is an unfair straw man. Yes it is stupid, sports are stupid, following a team is stupid but I do it because I'm a simple monkey that likes the occasional tribalness of sports. I prioritise my individuality over the tribe, I don't look at successful people and think 'hey their gender is similar to mine!' 'hey they look like me!' ad nauseum. I look at their individual traits, their ambitions, their accomplishments; not arbitrary 'traits' like skin colour, ethnicity and gender.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment, living vicariously through anthers achievements is NOT the same as taking inspiration from them. You completely missed the point I was trying to make.

Just because I dislike it doesn't mean I have anything against those that do like it, that is their prerogative to celebrate whatever they choose to. Just because think X, they think Y doesn't mean I think either side are right or wrong, just that their are two differing views on Z. I don't wish to deny anything from anyone, I'm just merely stating my own opinion. To suggest otherwise would hypocritical and a denial of what 'Woman's Day' is meant to represent; the freedom of choice.

I didn't say the bolded part at all, that is an unfair straw man. Yes it is stupid, sports are stupid, following a team is stupid but I do it because I'm a simple monkey that likes the occasional tribalness of sports. I prioritise my individuality over the tribe, I don't look at successful people and think 'hey their gender is similar to mine!' 'hey they look like me!' ad nauseum. I look at their individual traits, their ambitions, their accomplishments; not arbitrary 'traits' like skin colour, ethnicity and gender.

Feeling a sense of accomplishment, living vicariously through anthers achievements is NOT the same as taking inspiration from them. 

It wasn't a strawman.

If it is superficial and stupid to have a day for something predetermined at birth then said predetermined trait has to be irrelevant everywhere or individualism doesn't work. Yet it is not irrelevant. It is real. Just because it is irrelevant to you and me personally and that the law states sexism is illegal does not mean sexism does not exist or is never experienced, including outside of the present law or where evidence is not available to the authorities to uphold the law. Gender stereotypes are also a fact of life that cause instinctual responses toward both genders that require challenging with ourselves.

How can individualism exist in that environment? There is an awful lot of work to do to promote the idea that gender does not matter. One of the reasons for that are men who belittle days like today and aren't specific in their targeted criticism of political opinions end up making the idiots who are sexist think sexism is fair game.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It wasn't a strawman.

If it is superficial and stupid to have a day for something predetermined at birth then said predetermined trait has to be irrelevant everywhere or individualism doesn't work. Yet it is not irrelevant. It is real. Just because it is irrelevant to you and me personally and that the law states sexism is illegal does not mean sexism does not exist or is never experienced, including outside of the present law or where evidence is not available to the authorities to uphold the law. Gender stereotypes are also a fact of life that cause instinctual responses toward both genders that require challenging with ourselves.

How can individualism exist in that environment? There is an awful lot of work to do to promote the idea that gender does not matter. One of the reasons for that are men who belittle days like today and aren't specific in their targeted criticism of political opinions end up making the idiots who are sexist think sexism is fair game.

Then why did you create an argument against something I didn't state?

Individualism doesn't exist within a vacuum. Of course gender does matter (I didn't say otherwise) because we have biological evidence to suggest that but it shouldn't be considered the defining trait of a person; nor should we look up to or down upon another because of their gender. Gender is one aspect of what creates a person, there are many more factors that come into play; culture, financial background, family background, family history,  I'm saying it shouldn't matter in determining what type of person to look up towards, who to empathise with, and who to commemorate. We should celebrate the individual not the general masses. Marie Curie is a fantastic historical figure not for being a woman but for being a brilliant and keen mind. 

Sexism isn't irrelevant to men, it simply manifests itself in different ways. Men, just as women are their own enemy when it comes to gender identity. Women are the people getting upset over the housewife v working-mother dichotomy, men are the people being upset over the modern man's role in the family institution. 

Archived