League One
Doncaster vs Scunthorpe

Tuesday 19th September, 2017
League One
Wigan vs Northampton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a shocking record at The Den. I know a lot of teams hate us but Millwall hate us with a real passion. They will be right up for beating us, even more so now we go there as league leaders and unbeaten.

It won't be long before we get turned over and I do wonder if it will be here. We play good football, where as Millwall will look to break that up and bash into us. I'm not sure if a lot of our foreign imports will fancy all the Millwall players flying into tackles to rough us up.

Losing 1-0 and deservedly so. We have been very poor so far. Other than Bryson and Zohore to a point, everyone else has been poor, Peltier especially needs to be subbed (also on a yellow card). His performance typified by heading the ball three times in a row. The first two going straight up into the air and the third going..........somewhere.

Another game, another team we've played off the park, another draw.

Its frustrating but I also believe things will turn around. We get two wins and we're midtable then thinking if we get a couple of wins and we're near the play offs. Obviously we need to start winning but the performances are there, played Villa off the park, done it to Wednesday, done it to Reading. Young squad, some inexperienced at this level. Don't think we'll be near relegation come the end of the season.

21 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

AFC Wimbledon beat Blackburn. Wow. That's something I didn't think I'd see any time soon. Fantastic strides they're still making as a club.

It was a banana skin waiting to happen. The players looked shattered, Mowbray should have made more changes from Tuesday.

The referee, Trevor Kettle, was abysmal. He didn't ever get a grip on the game, he slowed it down and got some crucial incidents wrong. A quick check on the internet and seemingly this isn't the first shocking performance he has had yet he somehow manages to hold down a regular spot refereeing in the lower leagues. Wimbledon time wasted as soon as they got their flukey goal and he let them do it. I don't expect them to rush when protecting a lead but they were taking the piss and knew the referee wasn't penalising them. 

Wimbledon were about as poor a team we've played so far and like I said it was a flukey goal plus some luck we didn't score second half. We can't expect to win them all but yesterday was as frustrating as they come. We need to sort ourselves out, rest up and go again in a huge game away at the leaders Shrewsbury next weekend. We are playing much better away from Ewood as the fans are right behind the team away, at Ewood the first mistake gets moans and jeers, and from then on the players rush everything and are fearing making a mistake. Shrewsbury should attack us unlike Wimbledon.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, Lucas said:

We have a shocking record at The Den. I know a lot of teams hate us but Millwall hate us with a real passion. They will be right up for beating us, even more so now we go there as league leaders and unbeaten.

It won't be long before we get turned over and I do wonder if it will be here. We play good football, where as Millwall will look to break that up and bash into us. I'm not sure if a lot of our foreign imports will fancy all the Millwall players flying into tackles to rough us up.

Can't say I didn't call it. Not shocked by the result at all. We always bottle Millwall away.

4 hours ago, roversgirl said:

It was a banana skin waiting to happen. The players looked shattered, Mowbray should have made more changes from Tuesday.

The referee, Trevor Kettle, was abysmal. He didn't ever get a grip on the game, he slowed it down and got some crucial incidents wrong. A quick check on the internet and seemingly this isn't the first shocking performance he has had yet he somehow manages to hold down a regular spot refereeing in the lower leagues. Wimbledon time wasted as soon as they got their flukey goal and he let them do it. I don't expect them to rush when protecting a lead but they were taking the piss and knew the referee wasn't penalising them. 

Wimbledon were about as poor a team we've played so far and like I said it was a flukey goal plus some luck we didn't score second half. We can't expect to win them all but yesterday was as frustrating as they come. We need to sort ourselves out, rest up and go again in a huge game away at the leaders Shrewsbury next weekend. We are playing much better away from Ewood as the fans are right behind the team away, at Ewood the first mistake gets moans and jeers, and from then on the players rush everything and are fearing making a mistake. Shrewsbury should attack us unlike Wimbledon.

Word for word what happened for us last year.

Add in the fact that you'll be an 'occasion' fixture for the dross visiting you, and therefore more organised/up for it/liable to defend resolutely, being at home wasn't quite the advantage for us that you'd think.

I loved away days down there too - there are loads in the North West, and invite wonderful travelling atmospheres. Even if the football is fucking dire.

---

By all accounts, we were fairly positive in the first half against Ipswich on Saturday. I was listening to local radio doing my ironing and was actually pleased at 3:45 on a Saturday, the first time in ages. Then, we concede from an absolute knobhead deflection on 46 minutes, the confidence goes, and we resort to aimless hoof, again. I'm still trying to be positive, especially now we're out of embargo and that leech Holdsworth has fucked off out of the club, but nothing appears to be going right. 8 without a win, without really threatening victory (we haven't taken the lead once all season). But then, that's the hand Parkinson has been dealt. 

I'm not in the business of saying the ref done this and that...but Reading's penalty...never a penalty. Romaine Sawyers is pushed in the back in the first half in their area and no foul is given. Off of the back of that we there should at least be 1-0 up or 2-0 up, Reading didn't look like threatening and we were clearly the better team reducing them to long balls. We've been unlucky this season and maybe when we could blame ourselves a bit for a lack of efficiency infront of goal, Reading deserved nothing from that game.

Bolton up next, I just hope we can score. Once we start scoring it'll all fall in place. I want us to go out there and just smash 3 or 4 past them, goals for Watkins Maupay whilst we're at it. However judging on what's been happening for us so far we'll probably dominate the game and draw somehow.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived