talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Group Stage Draw - 1st December

football forum

11 minutes ago, ASF said:

I'd prefer an easier group. No need to start wasting too much energies, so early on.

Peru, Egypt and South Korea would be nice.

Those are exactly the 3 sides you don't want.

Peru are middle of the road in pot 2, Egypt have underrated talent that most haven't heard of and fast paced football and South Korea are the best team in pot 4.

Youre better off with Switzerland, Iran and Saudi Arabia I think.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Blue said:

Those are exactly the 3 sides you don't want.

Peru are middle of the road in pot 2, Egypt have underrated talent that most haven't heard of and fast paced football and South Korea are the best team in pot 4.

Youre better off with Switzerland, Iran and Saudi Arabia I think.

Nigeria/Serbia.

I have watched the last couple ( I think) but can't remember how much fannying about is done beforehand. Draw coverage starts at 6 local time? Could I assume the draw wont actually start to at least 7? I don't want to wake up too early and have to sit through shite.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Anton said:

I have watched the last couple ( I think) but can't remember how much fannying about is done beforehand. Draw coverage starts at 6 local time? Could I assume the draw wont actually start to at least 7? I don't want to wake up too early and have to sit through shite.

if it's anything like the Champions League draw, it's not til about at least half an hour after the scheduled start time.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

if it's anything like the Champions League draw, it's not til about at least half an hour after the scheduled start time.

Reckon I'll just find out tomorrow morning. Got a game of cricket against top team tomorrow #priorities 

Everyone here is saying they want Russia, but I don't. They are one of my first choices to avoid.

I still don't trust us away from home. We have gotten better but there have still been some signs that it could be better. We couldn't beat New Zealand away from home as a prime example. I much prefer Poland from the first pot. I also think Portugal and Belgium would be good choices.

Just avoid Denmark or Iran. That's all I ask for.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Everyone here is saying they want Russia, but I don't. They are one of my first choices to avoid.

I still don't trust us away from home. We have gotten better but there have still been some signs that it could be better. We couldn't beat New Zealand away from home as a prime example. I much prefer Poland from the first pot. I also think Portugal and Belgium would be good choices.

Portugal are now a tournament team and on a different level to you guys mate. You won't be beating them at all unless something odd happens. 

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Portugal are now a tournament team and on a different level to you guys mate. You won't be beating them at all unless something odd happens. 

We've always been a "tournament team" as well. We haven't gone out in the Copa America group stages since 1995, and we've had some dross.

If we can knock out Brazil then we can beat them.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Blue said:

not much hope for you in a tournament in Russia then.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

not much hope for you in a tournament in Russia then.

I was going about the fact that against the host nation I don't think we'd do great.

We've always been good in tournaments.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived