Sa 16.09. 18:30  - 

icon_info.png  

So 17.09. 13:30  - 

icon_info.png  

So 17.09. 15:30  - 

icon_info.png  

So 17.09. 18:00  - 

icon_info.png  

Sorry for that akward lay-out, don´t know what went wrong.

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quite a match in Bremen! Kruse out injured after a bad foul by Kehrer, then Sané scores, and then a weird own goal just moments later... 1-1 HT, I think we've been a better team so far, hope can get a win here.

^We had quite a few ridiculous shots today that didn't go in, I'd pity Mainz if they all went inxD

Anyway, much better match today than the last two. Seems the bullshit has at least temporarily been resolved. Hard choosing between Müller, Robben and Kimmich for MotM. All three were awesome today, but in general the whole team played very well together. Kimmich is more like a Lahm/Kroos hybrid by the day, and hoping Müller's stellar performance today means the effects of the accursed Euros has finally worn off. He seemed much more like himself. Robben was in a mood to take on all of Mainz at once, and Coman...if only his crosses were more accurate in addition to his speed this kid could would be fucking nuts. Just great game and effort for the whole team.

Also Stuttgart beating Wolfsburg...fuck yeaahhh:banana:Well done

• Subscriber

Oh fuck off, losing to Schalke and losing Max Kruse for what seems like 6-8 weeks at least. Better team overall, but fail to score and then concede due to lack of concentration in defence late in the game. Same old story.

I feel sorry for Nudge. Not because of the defeat, but to be beaten by a team which had no idea, no tactics and a brain dead idiot on the side who thinks that bringing on Di Santo after 18 months of pure crap performances will do anything shows how bad the opposition really was to let us win.  Tuesday is going to be very very painful!

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Ouch. 

The goalkeeper has done nothing wrong so there's no blame attached to Casteels, that said I hope Genter makes a full recovery from what is a massive impact. You could tell as soon as he hit the floor he was hurt.

Just a goalie going for the ball but had it been the other way round and a player had attacked the ball for a header in the same manner with the same end result on the keeper what then?? 

There would be no need for a strikers knee to be that high though would there? If the roles were reversed then you could argue that the striker should have been either booked or dismissed.

Ok, for arguments sake what would be the situation if a player decided to try a bicycle kick and in doing so clobbered a keeper in the face with his boot as he rushed out to try and intercept the ball?? 

Yellow card for being out of control for me.

Strange then that a keeper ( and I am not attaching any blame here ) can have his knee that high with the justification that it was a result of his need for as much height and upward thrust as possible to reach the ball but not for a player who used his elbows in a similar fashion when leaping up to make a header in the box where he might clatter the keeper?? 

Surely its 6 and 2 threes??? 

That's not the question you asked, you asked if it were a bicycle kick.

If it was elbows then I'd agree with you, for me if the contact is made by a body part that is being used as the ''primary source'' of attacking the ball so to speak (i.e. - a foot from a striker, a fist from a goalkeeper) then you have to have some element of control. If it's a ''secondary source'' so to speak (i.e. - a knee from a goalkeeper or an elbow from a striker) then I think common sense needs to be deployed by the referee. 

Not that this is gospel mind, it's just my opinion :).

Its any kind of damaging or dangerous contact I was thinking of... just used bicycle kick as one example, elbows are another

• The topic was unpinned

Archived