The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 3rd Round Match Chat - 19-20th September 2017

football forum

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen Chris Wood has scored an 88th minute equaliser against Leeds.

Turning out to be a good purchase for Burnley. 

Went from Burnley 1-0 Leeds in the 80th min to Burnley 2-2 Leeds in the 6th minute of stoppage time xD 

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp laughing and joking on the touch line? 

Dick

Sky dude, while doing post match interview with Morgan and Okazaki, said he went off with a face like thunder 

• Subscriber

You've got to be worried about that if you're Liverpool. A 2-0 defeat to a Leicester side missing Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel, Maguire and other first team players.

I know you rested players too but you should not be losing to that side we had out there comfortably, considering how bad we were first half too.

Going forward... just never ever play Ulloa and Slimani together again, or maybe just don't ever play Ulloa again. Okazaki totally transformed our side.

1 minute ago, FOYM said:

We're a fucking joke. 76% possession first half and fuck all to show for it. 

It's getting too much.

It's getting boring. Watching tonight's game was like watching one of our previous ones over and over again. 

So predictable  

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

You've got to be worried about that if you're Liverpool. A 2-0 defeat to a Leicester side missing Vardy, Mahrez, Schmeichel, Maguire and other first team players.

I know you rested players too but you should not be losing to that side we had out there comfortably, considering how bad we were first half too.

Going forward... just never ever play Ulloa and Slimani together again, or maybe just don't ever play Ulloa again. Okazaki totally transformed our side.

not scoring in the first half must have demoralised them so much. Really can't understand Klopp taking Coutinho off either. Absurd decision. Changed the game in our favour. Dominated with him in the first half, collapsed without him in the 2nd.

• Subscriber
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Leicester have now won their last three home games vs. Liverpool across all competitions:  2-0 3-1  2-0

but Liverpool plays BEAUTIFUL football they said ^_^ 

Leicester plays better football, Teso said :ph34r:

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Leicester have now won their last three home games vs. Liverpool across all competitions:  2-0 3-1  2-0

but Liverpool plays BEAUTIFUL football they said ^_^ 

finally coming round to us. about time. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Congrats on scoring the first goal btw. When I saw the score at half-time I figured the fans finally had something to rejoice

Sakho was the big difference tonight. His presence just makes everybody so more calm and composed. He got taken off with about 20 minutes to go because he was absolutely fucked and after that we came under real pressure for a Huddersfield Town team that weren't short of effort.

Oh, and awkward dilemma for Roy,  Julian Speroni is 38 years old but he made two saves this evening that Wayne Hennessey would have palmed towards a Huddersfield player. May be worth reminding Hennessey that being incompetent for 20 months should not be tolerated.

One negative tonight for Jairo Riedewald. He looks slow and unfit. So many times he was seen out of position, shrugged off the ball and just a general passenger. I don't know if he's still getting used to England or it's a lack of effort on his part.

It was a shame to see only about 7000 in attendance but there's so many positives in regards to our composure, our effort, our passing game and our application. Fingers crossed Townsend can get a goal just before Wilf returns and we can hit form after these three shit upcoming games when Sakho is also back.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Sakho was the big difference tonight. His presence just makes everybody so more calm and composed. He got taken off with about 20 minutes to go because he was absolutely fucked and after that we came under real pressure for a Huddersfield Town team that weren't short of effort.

I think he might have worked out well for us in the longer run but it wasn't to be and I am glad he went to Palace because when he was there on loan he really shone. Think the fans took to him really well too but I can't be sure of that. I can't really see you'll getting enough time to build momentum with the next few games you'll have coming up but if you'll have key players back then things might be different. 

Only caught the first half,  as I had to be at work early in the morning.  Wasn't really surprised after seeing the result and highlights in the morning. 

I am not overly worried about the team, at least when it comes to our attacking.  We are creating chances, and not playing like headless chickens.  Coutinho,  despite looking lively,  is lacking a certain bit of finesse.  With more game time he will achieve that. 

I am worried about the defensive side of things.  But that has been the case ever since Clarke left.  We have looked good defensively in patches,  but overall we have been a mess. 

Ward wasn't really tested in the first half,  but to me he looked more calm and assured than Migs and Karius ever have.  Kinda makes me wonder if we should have allowed him to go to Huddersfield on a loan for one more year.  He would have profited from it instead of rotting in the reserves here.  He would have had regular PL experience. 

Fair play to Leicester for withstanding the first half onslaught and then winning. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't understand some of the disappointed posts on here.   I'd be jumping for joy being knocked out early from this ridiculous competition.  It's crap!  Once out (better early), the club can concentrate on proper football issues.

I would never say no to seeing the team lift a cup. The joy I get watching it is too much. 

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't understand some of the disappointed posts on here.   I'd be jumping for joy being knocked out early from this ridiculous competition.  It's crap!  Once out (better early), the club can concentrate on proper football issues.

This competition can build and scupper momentum and is a good opportunity for players to prove their worth. I wouldn't be against it being scrapped but it does serve a purpose for some clubs in certain scenarios.

33 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yep, not too bothered about going out of this.

27 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I would never say no to seeing the team lift a cup. The joy I get watching it is too much. 

Forgive me for saying this mate, but if Arsenal were in the final the likelihood is that I probably wouldn't even watch it if there was something I could be doing that day. Lifting the League Cup means nothing to me.

22 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

This competition can build and scupper momentum and is a good opportunity for players to prove their worth. I wouldn't be against it being scrapped but it does serve a purpose for some clubs in certain scenarios.

I respect everyone's opinion and even IgnisExcubitor's sentiments above.  But for me it's a waste of time in an already saturated football calendar.  I get what you're saying but I have absolutely no feelings for this and the sooner Arsenal are knocked-out the better for me.

5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yep, not too bothered about going out of this.

It only serves to add problems.

52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah let's get knocked out early and concentrate on coming 4th YAAAAAAAAAAY

Or concentrate on doing better in the FA Cup, which we've been awful in recently. The League Cup was definitely a factor towards our poor form at the start of the year when we reached the semi final. Just didn't have the squad for the extra couple of games it brought

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Or concentrate on doing better in the FA Cup, which we've been awful in recently. The League Cup was definitely a factor towards our poor form at the start of the year when we reached the semi final. Just didn't have the squad for the extra couple of games it brought

I've no doubt we'll treat the FA Cup with the same sort of contempt. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived