The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 5 Fixtures - 19-21 September 2017

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VALENCIA CF 5-0 MÁLAGA CF (FT)

Great result for Valencia because not many destroy Málaga in that manner.  Valencia are now starting to grow to be honest and since the draw at the Santiago Bernabéu, they've looked formidable.  If they can make all of this real and not their typical flash in the pan moments that have appeared over the past three seasons, then their squad is actually quite strong and can compete against most if not all.

FC Barcelona 2-0 SD Eibar (HT)

Eibar started the half brilliantly with more incisive possession than Barça and had they had a killer up front they could’ve made something from their intelligent football. Slowly you could see Barcelona getting back into motions with Semedo being the tool in the box to use in attack... It was him with a determined and agressive piece of play to go for a lost ball in the box which forced the defender to maybe have used too much force to put the Barcelona full-back off. Messi put it away and it all changed!

From there Barça controlled the rest of the first half and from a corner Paulinho went in like a bull (Puyol would’ve been proud) to thunder a header into the back of the net.

It has to be said that Deulofeu has been awful today, loses possession every time he gets the ball.

Semedo has been excellent as always. He is already the real deal as far as I'm concerned @SirBalon

As for Paulinho, I don't think he suits the system as well as players such as Rakitic and Sergi Roberto when it comes to the big games as the midfield function better with one of those alongside Iniesta and Busquets, but he is bringing something different, is spot on as a super sub and for games like this. He is proving us all wrong at the moment and looks to be a handy addition. Nice header.

4 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It has to be said that Deulofeu has been awful today, loses possession every time he gets the ball.

Semedo has been excellent as always. He is already the real deal as far as I'm concerned @SirBalon

As for Paulinho, I don't think he suits the system as well as players such as Rakitic and Sergi Roberto when it comes to the big games as the midfield function better with one of those alongside Iniesta and Busquets, but he is bringing something different, is spot on as a super sub and for games like this. He is proving us all wrong at the moment and looks to be a handy addition. Nice header.

For me Semedo has been MOTM so far mate.

That Paulinho dummy was tasty. Denis Suárez has scored as has Paulinho in two successive games. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived