• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 5 Fixtures - 19-21 September 2017

football forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REAL MADRID CF 0-1 REAL BETIS (FT)

You couldn't have written a better plot to end that with ex-Barça youth, the Paraguayan Tony Sanabria.  It's kind of upsetting that Real Sociedad messed up at home the other day and in the end it ended up being an easy day out for Real.  But Betis were no mugs and added more pressure to Real Madrid especially at home.  Also the Cristiano Ronaldo who's just come back from a suspension stamped on Real Betis' Manu while on the ground...  If the ref didn't see it then there's no retrospective bans in Spain because it has to be in the ref's report.  They do say it's hard to win in the Santiago Bernabéu!

29 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The GK, Antonio Adan (ex RM) was the player of the game. xD 

The game proved the difference between RM and Barcelona. if it was Barcelona, the ref would of make sure barcelona won and there is no doubt about it. once Ronaldo starts playing, the results will come. 

He was playing. Fell on his arse most of the time, blamed the pitch, and missed sitters left and right. 

I like what Quíque Setién said when one of the post match press conference questions went along the lines of all the chances Real Madrid had;

”Shall we talk about when I was the Las Palmas coach last season that our game in the Bernabéu should’ve ended 2-5 to us with chances and yet it finished 3-3. Also how many games were won by them last season in injury-time?”

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He was playing. Fell on his arse most of the time, blamed the pitch, and missed sitters left and right. 

I've not seen Real as much as Barca, but I remember him being hilariously poor in some games last season (like both vs Napoli). I don't know where people get that he's become the best in the world again.

However, there is no doubting his mentality which is superb. He steps up when needed. Clutch is a good word. Again, a very tactical player nowadays but not as consistent as he used to be.

• Administrator

Levante just scored one of the goals of the season already. Cross comes in and gets deflected out to the edge of the box, Chema at chest height unleashes a left foot  volley which sails in to the top corner. Keeper was rooted to the spot. 

RC CELTA VIGO 1-1 GETAFE CF (FT)

I can't believe it! Great goal by Ángel, but Celta (AGAIN) only have themselves to blame!  This should've been a victory and I go back to what I said about them...  They better be wary because these types of points dropped by clubs like Celta can end up as the difference between staying in La Liga or going to hell in La Segunda!

18 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'm two days late (I've had a hectic few days) but I'll throw my two cents into what was a fantastic night at the Camp Nou for Barcelona this week. After a hard fought win against Getafe where it could have arguably gone either way they show this kind of dominance against an Eibar side that whilst small don't allow themselves to be rolled over. I thought for the record that the penalty that gave Messi his first goal was a joke but I've said over and over that the officials in La Liga are shocking for a top league. It's one of the biggest problems that Spain has for me but considering it's finally on the Barca foot for once I'll let it slide.

Leo is something else though isn't he? Four goals on the night and sort of set one up when his shot fell to Denis. On this kind of form he's unplayable and hybrid of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus wouldn't have stopped him, he's just too good. I thought that the decision to drop Luis was a ballsy one from Valverde and in time we will see if it's the right decision, @The Rebel CRS I'm sure was stood up applauding xD. Great to see Denis back in the fold too and getting on the score-sheet which will only do him good, if he can maintain this form then Barca won't miss Dembele at all. 

Deulofeu however on the opposite side struggled all night for me and I was glad when he was took off as he was getting no joy whatsoever. I want him to do well and I think he will in time but things just aren't clicking at the moment for Geri, hopefully the game this weekend against Girona is where he will catch his break. 

All of the new signings are really impressing me. Paulinho has silenced his critics and Semedo is something else, he's brilliant.

It was more a case of Suarez being rested than dropped mate and he will definitely be playing tomorrow. It's all all about him getting back to his best nowand to think how well the team are playing without him being on form just shows how deadly they could be with him at his best. He just needs a few goals, but I think his general play in general has been sloppy so it's more than just about him missing sitters and not burying the chances he normally would for me. The thing is though, there isn't really anyone better, although I'd like to see Paco given more chances when Valverde makes rotations like he did the other day as he's a better option than people give him credit for and will score goals if played in his correct position.

Girona away will be a difficult game, so Valverde will likely play his strongest 11 judging by the amount of changes he made mid-week against Eibar.

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Pique -- Umtiti -- Alba

Busquets

Iniesta ------- Rakitic

Messi ------------------ Denis

Suarez

Paulinho played well the other day but I think in these games, Rakitic should still be the main option as it stands as he has been in good form so far this season(his input has been very underrated) and he suits the system better. The team function better with him in midfield. Same with Sergi Roberto, who would be the next choice after Rakitic if I was Valverde. Not to mention, Paulinho can change games like this from the bench if it's needed as he showed against Getafe last weekend.

It does show that there is more depth in midfield than people originally thought when a player can be in the form Paulinho has shown in his last few games but still not be first choice. The depth is there, but at the same time key injuries could really change everything, so it's as much about keeping everyone fit as anything.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived