talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kick It Out Want Lukaku Big Penis Chant Stopped

Manchester United have been contacted by anti-discrimination group Kick It Out about the ‘racist’ song their fans sing about Romelu Lukaku and the size of his penis.

The chant – clearly based on stereotypes about the size of the genitals of black men – has been sung by United fans in recent weeks, after their £75m signing started the season with a raft of goals.

“Racist stereotypes are never acceptable, irrespective of any intention to show support for a player,” said a Kick It Out statement.

The chant is sung to the tune of the Stone Roses’ Made of Stone and goes: ‘Romelu Lukaku, he’s our Belgian scoring genius with a 24 inch penis, scoring all our goals, bellend by his toes.’

“We have contacted Manchester United regarding the issue and will be working closely with them and the Football Association to ensure that it is addressed swiftly,” said Kick It Out.

“If we receive any reports relating to the discriminatory chant, those will be passed on to the governing body and the perpetrators can expect to face punishment.”

Influential Manchester United blogger Scott Patterson has already condemned the chants, writing:

‘Here we have a hugely talented striker, currently the top scorer in the league, yet he’s reduced to us celebrating the supposed size of his dick. You know, because all black guys have massive knobs. He’s a strong, powerful, athletic beast with a huge dick, like every other black player. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.’

https://www.football365.com/news/lukaku-24-inch-penis-song-is-branded-racist

Usual members outraged that they can't chant this in 3....2....1.... 

:ph34r:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a mistake to use the word racist instead of actually trying to relay your reasoning. So i'll do it for them since their statement is incompetent and you lot haven't got a clue whats going on in the world :ph34r::P:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Any racial stereotype makes race the salient feature of an individual. If you want to create an egalitarian society then positive or negative makes little difference because the objective is for people to pay no active attention to an individuals race, thus eradicating the likelihood for discrimination to ever occur. In an egalitarian world it simply shouldn't come to mind that Lukaku is black, to sing about it is reaffirming the salience of race within society, with potential knock on effects.

Now that is cleared up,  the only debate should be whether it is even remotely possible for any tiny minority group of any sort of appearance to ever coexist with a majority in an egalitarian manner. Is there enough exposure to switch off the instinctual reactions of the brain? In Manchester, no. You cannot educate out instinctual responses of paying attention to difference since it is beneath the conscious level, you can however educate people to challenge their own assumptions when difference occurs. Though there is no evidence that this creates egalitarianism and may in fact reinforce the opposite. Does that mean we should just quit the pursuit and call it a day at overt racism? Depends where on the scale of Donald Trump to SJW you are. And yes, before anyone points it out,  it is all even harder when people within the minority actively make their appearance a salient feature of the self and want to draw attention to it, but lets not racially stereotype and assume all people of a race would think and do alike xD

31 minutes ago, Dickie said:

So... they're mad.... because United fans are saying he is well endowed.... I don't... what's the problem I'm confused?

Do you think it's totally harmless to assume that every Jewish person would be good with money? Or that every Asian has an insane work ethic? 

Stereotyping is bad, be it positive or negative. Whether calling "racism" is too far, idk, but I definitely think the chant is moronic. 

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Do you think it's totally harmless to assume that every Jewish person would be good with money? Or that every Asian has an insane work ethic? 

Stereotyping is bad, be it positive or negative. Whether calling "racism" is too far, idk, but I definitely think the chant is moronic. 

Where in the chant does it say anything about him being black though? So if this were for David De Gea it'd be perfectly fine is what you are saying. Or better yet let's say he has a tiny one better yet a micro one then we aren't pushing forward any stereotypes and everyone is happy. xD

It's a compliment to make something up about someone based on the colour of their skin? 

If you want your race to be the central tenant of your identity then you might like that sort of compliment. If you want to be seen as more than just that black guy then probably not.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Where in the chant does it say anything about him being black though? So if this were for David De Gea it'd be perfectly fine is what you are saying. Or better yet let's say he has a tiny one better yet a micro one then we aren't pushing forward any stereotypes and everyone is happy. xD

Of course there's no explicit connection drawn to the fact that he's black in the chant, but it's pretty disingenuous to say that the chant doesn't exist because he's black and a tank. 

Football has a weird issue with obsessing over the physique of black players. The amount of times you hear pundits ignoring black players' technical attributes to talk about "power" and "using their body" also isn't explicitly because they're black, but it's clear that it's there in a lot of people's minds. 

20 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Of course there's no explicit connection drawn to the fact that he's black in the chant, but it's pretty disingenuous to say that the chant doesn't exist because he's black and a tank. 

Football has a weird issue with obsessing over the physique of black players. The amount of times you hear pundits ignoring black players' technical attributes to talk about "power" and "using their body" also isn't explicitly because they're black, but it's clear that it's there in a lot of people's minds. 

Now you're having a laugh, if they call them a tank with power it's because they are a tank with power that's why fam. I've used to hear pundits say players like Kompany and Evra are very good technical/clinical defenders all the time. A player is built how a player is built it doesn't have to do with the color of their skin if they are powerful or technical.

Racism isn't purely calling someone a derogatory name. Whilst it's not the worst stereotype in the world, black people by and large don't have elephant trunks for penis'.

I feel like this is a northern thing more than anything, I've never really heard a London club have a similar song for a black player (I maybe wrong) but it's not the first time I've heard it on here/TFF, the other being Blackburn and Samba. I'm surprised by Manchester more than anything as it's fairly multicultural.

11 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Or those black fellas are simply tanks. Not everything has a sinister ulterior to it.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Racism isn't purely calling someone a derogatory name. Whilst it's not the worst stereotype in the world, black people by and large don't have elephant trunks for penis'.

I feel like this is a northern thing more than anything, I've never really heard a London club have a similar song for a black player (I maybe wrong) but it's not the first time I've heard it on here/TFF, the other being Blackburn and Samba. I'm surprised by Manchester more than anything as it's fairly multicultural.

Racism is defined as 'believing one race has superior qualities over others'. If having a big cock is a superior quality than yes, this is racist... just not against black people.

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or those black fellas are simply tanks. Not everything has a sinister ulterior to it.

Yeah of course Lukaku actually is a tank (and technically quite shit) but the second point was more just about how in general a lot of people have certain preconceptions deep in their heads and they can manifest themselves in subtle (or not so subtle) ways. I think that primarily technical black footballers like Yaya Toure and Paul Pogba receive more attention on their physical attributes (and in Yaya's case, the sudden decline in those attributes) than white players would in their situation.

The point with Lukaku is that even when it's positive, the chant exposes that a lot of football fans hold onto preconceptions about black people. 

And if people are holding onto "positive" preconceptions about a race, you can probably bet that they're holding onto some negative ones too. When people attribute desirable qualities to another race, experience shows us that they also tend to associate a balancing, negative quality. "Black people have superior physical attributes, but we're smarter". "Jews are clever and good with money, but we're more honest and hard-working". "Asians are really dedicated and disciplined, but we're more social and happy". 

Long story short, making assumptions about people based on their race is stupid and unhealthy. Of course, maybe it just so happens that the chant is entirely just because Lukaku's a big guy, and despite their long history of giant, physically imposing players, the first one whose dick United fans decided to start singing about was just coincidentally black. 

17 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Yeah of course Lukaku actually is a tank (and technically quite shit) but the second point was more just about how in general a lot of people have certain preconceptions deep in their heads and they can manifest themselves in subtle (or not so subtle) ways. I think that primarily technical black footballers like Yaya Toure and Paul Pogba receive more attention on their physical attributes (and in Yaya's case, the sudden decline in those attributes) than white players would in their situation.

The point with Lukaku is that even when it's positive, the chant exposes that a lot of football fans hold onto preconceptions about black people. 

And if people are holding onto "positive" preconceptions about a race, you can probably bet that they're holding onto some negative ones too. When people attribute desirable qualities to another race, experience shows us that they also tend to associate a balancing, negative quality. "Black people have superior physical attributes, but we're smarter". "Jews are clever and good with money, but we're more honest and hard-working". "Asians are really dedicated and disciplined, but we're more social and happy". 

Long story short, making assumptions about people based on their race is stupid and unhealthy. Of course, maybe it just so happens that the chant is entirely just because Lukaku's a big guy, and despite their long history of giant, physically imposing players, the first one whose dick United fans decided to start singing about was just coincidentally black. 

I think pundits make those observations about all players regardless of race (some of the stupider pundits excluded). The British in particular being obsessed with physicality over everything else, always talking about pace and power. I reckon you're just noticing it more when it occurs to black players because you have the bigotry of low expectations for a lot of people (not saying that is bad thing, or a dig at you, mind, everyone does it) and you expect them to make shallow statements based on a person's race. 

Maybe we are listening to different commentators but in my experience the Brits froth from the minge at any player with any sort of physical dominance. Whether that be pace, strength, or height. I've listened to blokes work themselves over into a come concerning 'Hazard's pace' even though that isn't his greatest strength.

Archived