talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kick It Out Want Lukaku Big Penis Chant Stopped

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think pundits make those observations about all players regardless of race (some of the stupider pundits excluded). The British in particular being obsessed with physicality over everything else, always talking about pace and power. I reckon you're just noticing it more when it occurs to black players because you have the bigotry of low expectations for a lot of people (not saying that is bad thing, or a dig at you, mind, everyone does it) and you expect them to make shallow statements based on a person's race. 

Maybe we are listening to different commentators but in my experience the Brits froth from the minge at any player with any sort of physical dominance. Whether that be pace, strength, or height. I've listened to blokes work themselves over into a come concerning 'Hazard's pace' even though that isn't his greatest strength.

Can you blame me for low expectations when you literally have Phil Neville trying to compare Ji-Sung Park and Heung-Min Son? :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's a compliment to make something up about someone based on the colour of their skin? 

If you want your race to be the central tenant of your identity then you might like that sort of compliment. If you want to be seen as more than just that black guy then probably not.

I'm pretty sure Lukaku isn't going to be offended by people presuming he has larger than life genitalia.

It's not the 'central tenant of his identity'. When people think of Romelu Lukaku they think of professional footballer, goal scorer etc not a 'massive dick'.

38 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm pretty sure Lukaku isn't going to be offended by people presuming he has larger than life genitalia.

It's not the 'central tenant of his identity'. When people think of Romelu Lukaku they think of professional footballer, goal scorer etc not a 'massive dick'.

The brain is not a literalist, it is laughable to suggest nobody thinks of Lukaku as black when a chants lyrics have just drawn from the colour of his skin. How did that come to mind? Is it because they've seen he has a 23 inch cock? No. It's because they've seen he is black and it has influenced their ideas as to what they can compliment him with.

20 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The brain is not a literalist, it is laughable to suggest nobody thinks of Lukaku as black when a chants lyrics have just drawn from the colour of his skin. How did that come to mind? Is it because they've seen he has a 23 inch cock? No. It's because they've seen he is black and it has influenced their ideas as to what they can compliment him with.

It's a compliment based on a stereotype. It's a positive stereotype. Is there anything wrong with positive stereotypes? If people presumed blonde haired white folk had 24 inches I'd be chuffed.

Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

It's a compliment based on a stereotype. It's a positive stereotype. Is there anything wrong with positive stereotypes? If people presumed blonde haired white folk had 24 inches I'd be chuffed.

It depends on what type of world you believe we should or can live in. If it is a world with an egalitarian society between races then it doesn't matter if a stereotype is positive or negative, you can only achieve absolute equality by people not thinking to consider race. That is grounded in scientific evidence. Positive racial stereotypes are symptomatic of people thinking racially, they can't be separated from the cognitive processes that lead to a negative stereotype. 

I'm not arguing for or against the chant. I am just saying it is a perfectly legitimate desire to want racial instincts switched off. I don't think the common line being taken that "we're not racist, we are being nice" is legitimate. The standard of defence of the chant going on in general is piss weak.

Rather than an egalitarian argument maybe someone could make a utilitarian one. That as a white dominated country with low levels of exposure to other races racial thinking is natural, therefore positive stereotypes act to elevate the status of racial groups for their own betterment. 

We're not hearing anything like that though, it's all hoh hoh hoh PC libtards hoh hoh hoh are they joking hoh hoh hoh world's gone mad hoh hoh hoh I wish people said I had a big dick hoh hoh hoh

17 minutes ago, Large said:

Or some people don't want to live in an egalitarian society because it's a nonsense that all people are equal. -_-

If there are some people on here who believe there is no equality of social worth between people of different skin colour's then let me know who and I will ban them :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

If there are some people on here who believe there is no equality of social worth between people of different skin colour's then let me know who and I will ban them :ph34r:

Ban who you like Harvey, but the egalitarian argument in this instance doesn't wash for me. Has anyone actually checked to find out what the source of this song/chant is? From what I've read no. So whoever started the song could actually have been told that Lukaku is hung like a pit pony. He could be having a sexual relation with the player so know for a fact that he's got a dong the size of a baby's arm. I know this will surprise almost all if not all of you, but I'm not much of a cock watcher. Saying that though, when I was at school or with all of the football teams I've been involved with, almost all of the black guys were ridiculously hung compared to their different raced colleagues. Now of course I'm going to an extreme here, but people are just too keen to jump on these bandwagons and make an issue of something that shouldn't be. In my opinion it creates more division than it eradicates, therefore making it impossible to achieve this "egalitarian society" you talk about. 

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Embarrassing that people are still talking about this, its what the bell ends at Kick it Out want, they're media whores and nothing more these days. 

Not a problem at all with the Lukaku song, hopefully Old Trafford sing it louder now in protest. 

a black bell end or...?

1 hour ago, Large said:

Ban who you like Harvey, but the egalitarian argument in this instance doesn't wash for me. Has anyone actually checked to find out what the source of this song/chant is? From what I've read no. So whoever started the song could actually have been told that Lukaku is hung like a pit pony. He could be having a sexual relation with the player so know for a fact that he's got a dong the size of a baby's arm. I know this will surprise almost all if not all of you, but I'm not much of a cock watcher. Saying that though, when I was at school or with all of the football teams I've been involved with, almost all of the black guys were ridiculously hung compared to their different raced colleagues. Now of course I'm going to an extreme here, but people are just too keen to jump on these bandwagons and make an issue of something that shouldn't be. In my opinion it creates more division than it eradicates, therefore making it impossible to achieve this "egalitarian society" you talk about. 

The entire western world is egalitarian in as far as that all creeds are of equal social worth before the law, I was just wuming to get a bigger reply from you by pretending that you weren't agreeing with that. Statistical facts about trends within race like penis size have nothing to do with social equality and this type of egalitarianism being discussed though. The impasse society is at is that despite equality before the law equality of judgment does not exist. The reason it does not exist is because black skin is a deviance from the white norm which draws the brains attention to it causing a change in behaviour. So the choice is you either further pursue egalitarianism which is presently incomplete by trying to reduce the salience of black skin in the automatic response of the brain or you accept that it is impossible to do that and the best you can do is to try and manage the situation.

I haven't said where I stood, but it certainly isn't nonsense for people who want to to try and pursue egalitarianism in this instance, the methods they choose may be faulty and lacking empirical soundness at present, but the worst response of all is to kid ourselves that there is no value judgement discrepancies caused by a hyper attentive focus on race going on. To say there's nothing to see here. Nothing wrong here. Nothing going on. That is empirically wrong. At a minimum everyone should be aware that there is something to see, even if the solutions are not known or not agreed upon.

Makes me laugh that of all the songs that have been sung around grounds by supporters, or in this case at Old Trafford by the home fans, this is the one flagged up in the media that's put a few noses out of joint. Really?

They must never have been to Old Trafford when we've played there in the past and had fans singing about the Munich disaster (which I will never condone). Equally, when their own fans have sung sick songs mocking the Hillsborough disaster towards Liverpool fans.

Now that's far worse and never attracted anything like the same level of attention. But yes, kick racism out of football...

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Makes me laugh that of all the songs that have been sung around grounds by supporters, or in this case at Old Trafford by the home fans, this is the one flagged up in the media that's put a few noses out of joint. Really?

They must never have been to Old Trafford when we've played there in the past and had fans singing about the Munich disaster (which I will never condone). Equally, when their own fans have sung sick songs mocking the Hillsborough disaster towards Liverpool fans.

Now that's far worse and never attracted anything like the same level of attention. But yes, kick racism out of football...

What? There's always stuff said about the Munich/hillsborough chanting, even Ferguson used to speak out about it on a near gamely occasion. 

The Lukaku chant may be tongue in cheek and intended positively but Harvey is right.

The main issue really is Kick It Out's wording on this as they put it at a level which it doesn't belong and a lot of people are responding to that as being bullshit. They don't seem to know the difference between "discrimination" and "generalisations". If they said it promotes generalisations and they'd like to see it stopped then that'd make more sense than to pretend someone's being discriminated against and is therefore a victim of racism.

On 20/9/2017 at 3:45 AM, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm pretty sure he will be.

Its not as bad as the chants that are used in Italy and Russia, but they are very much offended by these chants. Most footballers are like children. When there have been examples like Yaya Toure wanting to leave City because no one greeted him on his birthday, what makes you think a player like Lukaku won't be offended by thousands singing about this?

I said in the other thread that racist chants can't be eradicated, and they can't. I think discrimination by race is what needs to be fought but simply name calling or assuming, its just the way of life. You can try but you will fail to get rid of it. Footballers are trained to be thicked skinned and professional, but that doesn't mean that out on the pitch they like it when they are making fun of his race.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

I'm pretty sure he will be.

Its not as bad as the chants that are used in Italy and Russia, but they are very much offended by these chants. Most footballers are like children. When there have been examples like Yaya Toure wanting to leave City because no one greeted him on his birthday, what makes you think a player like Lukaku won't be offended by thousands singing about this?

I said in the other thread that racist chants can't be eradicated, and they can't. I think discrimination by race is what needs to be fought but simply name calling or assuming, its just the way of life. You can try but you will fail to get rid of it. Footballers are trained to be thicked skinned and professional, but that doesn't mean that out on the pitch they like it when they are making fun of his race.

i would LOVE it if people sang about how big my dick was xD 

for various reasons, they don't get the opportunity to do so...

Archived