talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kick It Out Want Lukaku Big Penis Chant Stopped

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This is such a non topic. I get what Harvey is saying in that positive racism is still racism and if you want to be egalitarian you can't pick and choose which elements of being black are okay to stereotype depending on whether they're insulting or complimentary. 

However, who gives a toss about this compared to some of the other stuff that still gets chanted by some groups of fans even in this day and age? Yawn.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I always thought the eating dogs thing was racist as fuck lol.

Never got a mention though from Kick it Out. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why.......

Genuine question though. Is stating a Korean eats dogs any different to stating a Spaniard drinks sangria?

46 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Never got a mention though from Kick it Out. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why.......

Genuine question though. Is stating a Korean eats dogs any different to stating a Spaniard drinks sangria?

Sort of, mainly because in most cultures eating dog is taboo and has negative connotations. 

Frenchies calling the English 'roas biff' is similar but not as bad, only because roast beef doesn't have the taboo dog meat has.

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

Sort of, mainly because in most cultures eating dog is taboo and has negative connotations. 

Frenchies calling the English 'roas biff' is similar but not as bad, only because roast beef doesn't have the taboo dog meat has.

Yeah this - I know if you call Koreans dog eaters they'll call you a racist too.

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah this - I know if you call Koreans dog eaters they'll call you a racist too.

Can we call people racist if they say we don't brush our teeth? Or call us 'roas biff' as Spike put it? It's generalised negative stereotyping that isn't true of the general population. You shouldn't have the right to be more offended than the generalisation of being a 'dog eater' in your country than you should be dubbed a 'lager lout' or 'hooligan' if you're from England. Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can we call people racist if they say we don't brush our teeth? Or call us 'roas biff' as Spike put it? It's generalised negative stereotyping that isn't true of the general population. You shouldn't have the right to be more offended than the generalisation of being a 'dog eater' in your country than you should be dubbed a 'lager lout' or 'hooligan' if you're from England. Just my opinion.

Roast beef isn't a negative stereotype though (unless I've missed something) but I do agree with your overall point. I think generally the plight of Asians in terms of prejudice and racial bias is overlooked in favour of other groups.

What I remember no one making a peep about is the abuse Bob Bradley got for speaking what essentially his dialect. I can't say it shocked me but I was a little amused that certain people (not on here) showed zero hesitation to pile in on Bradley when they'd be mortified by any comment on other foreign players or managers.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I get what you're saying, but I'm not sure. All I know is I said something about eating dogs to a Korean and they were basically like "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Archived