talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

18 hours ago, Spike said:

Spanish football is more competitive than English football. It just doesn't look that way to outsiders looking in because they don't use the goal difference in deciding table positions so, when a team goes down 3-0, it is exactly the same as 8-0. Why waste effort on a loss?

Definitely, at least these days. 10 years ago you could have debated it but English football has become very one sided. There is always one team several steps ahead of the others.

It does depend on your point of view though. Some could argue that a different team wins the PL every year as opposed to La Liga, but the league overall is more competitive than the EPL.

34 minutes ago, Blue said:

Definitely, at least these days. 10 years ago you could have debated it but English football has become very one sided. There is always one team several steps ahead of the others.

It does depend on your point of view though. Some could argue that a different team wins the PL every year as opposed to La Liga, but the league overall is more competitive than the EPL.

When has la liga not been one sided? 2014? 

Just now, Cicero said:

When has la liga not been one sided? 2014? 

Last season it wasn't one sided. 2014 as you mentioned.

Its certainly less one sided than Serie A and Ligue 1. The PL is up for debate as I said.

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Last season it wasn't one sided. 2014 as you mentioned.

Its certainly less one sided than Serie A and Ligue 1. The PL is up for debate as I said.

Last year's league campaign was just as one sided as the prem's. Barca and Spurs' just cocked up. 

Edited by Cicero

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

At least you posted this in the appropriate thread for once, progress!

Its unpopular, and it makes no sense at all as the Germans have done absolutely nothing in Europe since 2013. But ya know, crowds!

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Brown bread or white?

Be careful - you might offend him for not saying you agree with him that his beloved German feeder clubs are part of "da best league in da world"

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Its unpopular, and it makes no sense at all as the Germans have done absolutely nothing in Europe since 2013. But ya know, crowds!

Not entirely untrue but Bayern had made the semi's of the CL for 3 consecutive seasons after 2013. What have the Italian and French leagues done in Europe?

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Brown bread or white?

I honestly dont think ive ever had a peice of white bread in my life :35_thinking:

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Be careful - you might offend him for not saying you agree with him that his beloved German feeder clubs are part of "da best league in da world"

Nah i dont take offence easily unlike you for some reason. If someone disagrees with you they arent necessarily a cunt. I just believe its outlandish to say its a worse league then the Italian and French. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not entirely untrue but Bayern had made the semi's of the CL for 3 consecutive seasons after 2013. What have the Italian and French leagues done in Europe?

I honestly dont think ive ever had a peice of white bread in my life :35_thinking:

Nah i dont take offence easily unlike you for some reason. If someone disagrees with you they arent necessarily a cunt. I just believe its outlandish to say its a worse league then the Italian and French. 

I don't take offence to anything. I don't care like you seem to think.

And its not outlandish at all. There is one thing the French and Italian teams have that the Germans don't and that is BUYING CLUBS. Juventus, PSG and Monaco are all buying clubs. I'd even throw in Napoli there. Definitely not Roma after the players they've been losing. The only buying club in Germany is Bayern, who have been underwhelming since the departure of Jupp Heynckes. Dortmund are overrated and every other club sells their players to Bayern and are useless in Europe.

As for French/Italian in Europe, Fiorentina and Napoli made the semi-finals of the Europa League 3 years ago, Juventus made 2 UCL finals, Monaco reached the semi-finals of the UCL last season and PSG often reach the quarter finals which is bad by their standards but are still heads and shoulders over every team in the Bundesliga bar Bayern Munich (arguably).

In Europe right now there are 4 Germans and 4 French sides in the next round. I don't judge anyones opinion (despite the dig I made earlier) and you are entitled to it but I can't make out why some think the Bundesliga is this top league, when its not. Yet you seem to treat my opinion like life and death, and it doesn't surprise me because you are a child.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Don't agree with that mate, but each to their own.

I expected them to get better with a few of their developing players as well as having a squad full of world cup winners but they lost notable players who could have made a big impact like Kroos and brought in shite Spaniards to replace them. I think Pep is the best manager in the world, but he should have won at least one UCL in his time there, in my opinion. He disappointed me at Bayern.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

(and if anything, and this sounds unpopular but behind the Liga NOS (Portugal) for me).

As you said, each to their own and I respect this but the Liga NOS has gotten much worse this year and Ligue 1 has more of a balance where as Portugal just has 3 good teams. That's just my point of view though.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It was a Peaky Blinders reference @Viva la FCB :(.

Sorry mate right over my head :what:

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't take offence to anything. I don't care like you seem to think.

And its not outlandish at all. There is one thing the French and Italian teams have that the Germans don't and that is BUYING CLUBS. Juventus, PSG and Monaco are all buying clubs. I'd even throw in Napoli there. Definitely not Roma after the players they've been losing. The only buying club in Germany is Bayern, who have been underwhelming since the departure of Jupp Heynckes. Dortmund are overrated and every other club sells their players to Bayern and are useless in Europe.

As for French/Italian in Europe, Fiorentina and Napoli made the semi-finals of the Europa League 3 years ago, Juventus made 2 UCL finals, Monaco reached the semi-finals of the UCL last season and PSG often reach the quarter finals which is bad by their standards but are still heads and shoulders over every team in the Bundesliga bar Bayern Munich (arguably).

In Europe right now there are 4 Germans and 4 French sides in the next round. I don't judge anyones opinion (despite the dig I made earlier) and you are entitled to it but I can't make out why some think the Bundesliga is this top league, when its not. Yet you seem to treat my opinion like life and death, and it doesn't surprise me because you are a child.

If you want to include Europa league and quarter finals appearences then theres more in the Bundesliga too as recently as Wolfsburg who arent very good but still only lost out to Real 3-2 on agg in 15/16. But we've been down this road many times this is all pointless

Calling me a child? I feel like and old man to be honest i dont remember the last time i was called a child because someone doesnt like my opinion. Ill just go back to ignoring you and your claims until you have can debate without petty insults.

The Bundesliga has had its quarter and even semi final appearances but often they lose there by a cricket scoreline to a better team, or even some like Ajax?

Are we forgetting when Wolfsburg were "favourites" against Napoli? Its not much but just more examples to add to my point. The only argument I ever hear when someone says the Bundesliga is a top league is that "they play pretty football and fill up games" which in reality doesn't mean anything to a league's standard. You are entitled to your opinion but one day you should realize you were the one that criticized me like a child for saying I don't rate the Bundesliga if you don't want me using "petty insults" which in reality are hardly even insults in the slightest.

Just now, nudge said:

I'd rather be a selling club than be involved in the complete madness of spending hundred millions on a single player.

That's fine in my books, but its the reality of the league. I have nothing but respect for members like you, Tanksie and Tsubasa but there are some I just can't respect for being so petulent and treating the league's standard as if its life and death.

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

I expected them to get better with a few of their developing players as well as having a squad full of world cup winners but they lost notable players who could have made a big impact like Kroos and brought in shite Spaniards to replace them. I think Pep is the best manager in the world, but he should have won at least one UCL in his time there, in my opinion. He disappointed me at Bayern.

Pep at Bayern was 121-21-19.

3 Time winner of the Bundesliga
In the CL, he lost in the semis each year.
And he won 2 Pokals out of his 3 years.

Sorry to that he 'disappointed' you, but that's a hell of a record.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

The Bundesliga has had its quarter and even semi final appearances but often they lose there by a cricket scoreline to a better team, or even some like Ajax?

Are we forgetting when Wolfsburg were "favourites" against Napoli? Its not much but just more examples to add to my point. The only argument I ever hear when someone says the Bundesliga is a top league is that "they play pretty football and fill up games" which in reality doesn't mean anything to a league's standard. You are entitled to your opinion but one day you should realize you were the one that criticized me like a child for saying I don't rate the Bundesliga if you don't want me using "petty insults" which in reality are hardly even insults in the slightest.

Calling a grown man a 'child' because he sees things differently than you is known as Petty.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Pep are Bayern was 121-21-19. In the CL, he lost in the semis each year.

Sorry to that he 'disappointed' you, but that's a hell of a record.

Calling a grown man a 'child' because he sees things differently than you is known as Petty.

But he didn't win any CL there. Great record, but it means little if no title came his way, especially with the team he had.

Even Bayern couldn't escape getting smashed, but in fairness they smashed a few teams themselves.

And I'm not calling him that because he sees it differently. Before commenting on things you don't know about, look at our past history. Its getting tiresome.

Edit: I can link you to some of the gifs he's made towards me. If I'm petty then so is he. Its a petty argument and I hope he keeps me on ignore.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

That's fine in my books, but its the reality of the league. I have nothing but respect for members like you, Tanksie and Tsubasa but there are some I just can't respect for being so petulent and treating the league's standard as if its life and death.

Or maybe they just have different view on the standards?... Hence why I always found the discussion about "the best league" completely pointless. Personally, "playing pretty football and filling up games" are two of the most important factors for me when talking about the attractiveness of the league (style of play + atmosphere + unpredictability + youth development + staying true to one's roots). The only thing that doesn't tick the box for me is thus Bayern's domination. 

• Like 1

Just now, nudge said:

Or maybe they just have different view on the standards?... Hence why I always found the discussion about "the best league" completely pointless. Personally, "playing pretty football and filling up games" are two of the most important factors for me when talking about the attractiveness of the league (style of play + atmosphere + unpredictability + youth development + staying true to one's roots). The only thing that doesn't tick the box for me is thus Bayern's domination. 

You know I like you Nudge, but what you just listed is a myth.

The Argentinian league checks all the boxes there except pretty football, and the standard there isn't great either. Unlike the Bundesliga, they don't have any buying clubs at a world level.

Just now, Blue said:

But he didn't win any CL there. Great record, but it means little if no title came his way, especially with the team he had.

Even Bayern couldn't escape getting smashed, but in fairness they smashed a few teams themselves.

And I'm not calling him that because he sees it differently. Before commenting on things you don't know about, look at our past history. Its getting tiresome.

Believe it or not, I did read it all, and it's clear that you two just see things differently when it comes to the Bundesliga. You would think after numerous people call you out on your insults you might soon realize that maybe the person at fault is in fact...you. But alas I digress.

To be back on topic - Is the point to win the CL every year when you are a massive club like Bayern? Sure. But there is a reason only 1 team has won it 2 years consecutively, and that team isn't Barcelona, which has been one of the most dominate teams Europe has seen ever. The point I'm making is that it's so hard to win the CL, so I don't see how getting to the Semis every year is a disappointing thing.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

You know I like you Nudge, but what you just listed is a myth.

The Argentinian league checks all the boxes there except pretty football, and the standard there isn't great either. Unlike the Bundesliga, they don't have any buying clubs at a world level.

You completely missed the point. 

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions