talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Uh, 3 other sports teams and a business. Let's set the bar there.

I'm pretty sure they've got ownership interests in more than just "a business" - I think it's multiple businesses.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

On 05/03/2019 at 11:30, The Artful Dodger said:

Each dynasty needs its founding hero. That's what Busby and Shankly are to their clubs.

No argument there, just do not agree that what has happened to both clubs would never have happened if not for these people.

20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Every club is somehow immoral now behind the scenes, all businesses before clubs these days. Man City and PSG transcend to a new level though given how much of a propaganda PR machine they are to show the corrupt regimes that prop them both up in a more positive light worldwide.

Now what's unpopular about this? :P

• 4 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Teams that qualify for Europe shouldn’t take part in the Carrier Bag (League) Cup the following season. It saves some from an extra six games a season and by getting rid of those in Europe each year, you’re guaranteed a different winner every year. 

I like it. But I'd go even further I think having 2 league cups is fucking dumb anyway as each cup devalues the other. The league, THE (singular) cup and Europe should be all the football there is. 2 cups, and especially 1 with a mickey mouse middle of the season final is fucking wank. Cull the sponsorship money cup, keep the FA cup.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I like it. But I'd go even further I think having 2 league cups is fucking dumb anyway as each cup devalues the other. The league, THE (singular) cup and Europe should be all the football there is. 2 cups, and especially 1 with a mickey mouse middle of the season final is fucking wank. Cull the sponsorship money cup, keep the FA cup.

There is only one league cup. The league cup only has participants that are playing in any of the football leagues, whereas the FA cup has participants from the entire football heirarchy. Get yer fakts right cunt before mouthing off, nextime I'll belt ya one.

41 minutes ago, Spike said:

There is only one league cup. The league cup only has participants that are playing in any of the football leagues, whereas the FA cup has participants from the entire football heirarchy. Get yer fakts right cunt before mouthing off, nextime I'll belt ya one.

Exactly. Dump the 'league cup' because it forces all the relevant teams to play twice, and keep the one everyone gets to play. Simples.

If a man utd fan doesn't like Paul Pogba  and Wayne Rooney they shouldn't like George Best.  Although a fantastic player he walked out on utd twice and had a massive attitude problem at times.

33 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If a man utd fan doesn't like Paul Pogba  and Wayne Rooney they shouldn't like George Best.  Although a fantastic player he walked out on utd twice and had a massive attitude problem at times.

Rooney maybe, put not Pogba. Pogba has given United fuck all in terms of performances when you compare him to Rooney and Best. The latter is a youth product so is forgiven a little more. 

43 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Best also walked out on a mismanaged club full on broken promises. Quite unlike Pogba and Rooney.

Edited by Spike

20 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Rooney maybe, put not Pogba. Pogba has given United fuck all in terms of performances when you compare him to Rooney and Best. The latter is a youth product so is forgiven a little more. 

George best walked out on if twice. 

30 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

George best walked out on if twice. 

But when you look back and see what Best gave United, it's hard to put it against him. Same goes with Rooney but in a lesser extent. 

Pogba has given United fuck all 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

But when you look back and see what Best gave United, it's hard to put it against him. Same goes with Rooney but in a lesser extent. 

Isn't it unfair to blame that on Pogba? I mean Rooney was there with some legends, and I'm not sure there is one player on United that will considered a legend in 20 years time. 

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Isn't it unfair to blame that on Pogba? I mean Rooney was there with some legends, and I'm not sure there is one player on United that will considered a legend in 20 years time. 

No. Misplacing passes, showing a lethargic attitude and overall poor decision making isn't a result of players around you. It's mentality. 

Rooney played with utter gash yet still performed. Particularly the transition season after Ronaldo yet. 

Edited by Cicero

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No. Misplacing passes, showing a lethargic attitude and overall poor decision making isn't a result of players around you. It's mentality. 

Rooney played with utter gash yet still performed. Particularly the transition season after Ronaldo yet. 

Fair enough. 

Just pointing out the fact that Rooney's United was vastly different than Pogba's. 

How much would you say might be coaching? 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

And I ask about management, but Pogba is very different with France, which makes me wonder if it's a lack of passion for the club, bad chemistry, or something else. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Fair enough. 

Just pointing out the fact that Rooney's United was vastly different than Pogba's. 

Coaching plays a part, but at times it's head scratching to figure out what his best position is. He's been tried in a deeper role and behind the striker with Ole. He doesn't have the positional sense or discipline to play in a deeper role, and his decision making in the final third is so inconsistent. Hit or miss. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

And I ask about management, but Pogba is very different with France, which makes me wonder if it's a lack of passion for the club, bad chemistry, or something else. 

He's given more freedom when Kante and Matuidi do the dirty work. But It's hard to analyse international performances given we are currently at a time where there really are no strong international sides. Lots of sides are going through transition and France are the only established ones. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

My point is that some utd fans (no names) don't forgive. Best was brilliant for utd no doubt. However in terms of attitude it was poor at times. If you won't forgive Rooney don't see how you can forgive Best. I'll budge on Pogba about however since mourinho has gone he has improved masivley

14 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fair enough. 

I think a lot of it was because of mourinho. It's very difficult to perform when you are very unhappy as clearly all the players were 

17 minutes ago, Eco said:

Here's my (likely) unpopular opinion. 

Wayne Rooney is the most talented striker in England's history. 

You don't get to be the all time top goal scorer if you aren't good that's for shore. Don't think he is the best though. He rarely of ever scored against the big teams. But he is under appreciated by some for shore

@Cicero  I think I didn't explain my point well enough. My point was it doesn't make sense in my opinion to hold Pogba's form under mourinho against him and never like him regardless of what he does now. (Some utd fans do that.)  While idolising George Best who walked out on utd twice 

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions