talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

You don't get to be the all time top goal scorer if you aren't good that's for shore. Don't think he is the best though. He rarely of ever scored against the big teams. But he is under appreciated by some for shore

All time for England, not the the PL. 

He was hugely underappreciated, and I am thoroughly enjoying him at DC and seeing him embarrass some of these teams. Plus, he made one of the most stunning plays I've ever seen in the MLS. 95th minute against Orlando and he did this...

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eco said:

All time for England, not the the PL. 

He was hugely underappreciated, and I am thoroughly enjoying him at DC and seeing him embarrass some of these teams. Plus, he made one of the most stunning plays I've ever seen in the MLS. 95th minute against Orlando and he did this...

He is utds all time top goal scorer

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:08, Eco said:

Here's my (likely) unpopular opinion. 

Wayne Rooney is the most talented striker in England's history. 

I don't think that's that unpopular of an opinion. I don't agree with it (Alan Shearer existed) - but I've heard the argument made plenty of times, and there's lots you can point to that support that argument.

On 12/04/2019 at 12:08, Eco said:

Here's my (likely) unpopular opinion. 

Wayne Rooney is the most talented striker in England's history. 

Lineker

Greaves

Cole

Shearer

Fun fact, Rooney has never won a golden boot and is equal 21st for most top flight goals in English history.

11 hours ago, Azeem said:

Would be better for the big teams and for the national team as well to have fewer games but a lot of mid table lower teams will have problem with that 

I just think “quality over quantity” really. Plus a thirty game season reduces the 21%, so you could effectively wipe out all midweek fixtures, meaning those in Europe are fresher for it, plus it may, however unlikely, see clubs take cup competitions a little more seriously due to the reduced amount of games elsewhere.  

It’d never happen because of money and TV, though. 

• 2 weeks later...

This Premier League season has been the poorest for a long while. City and Liverpool are the saving grace on this season. 

Nobody seems to have the consistency and quality to win the mythical fourth place trophy, there’s been a battle for the last European space and while we’ve had numerous frontrunners for that at different times of the season, again consistency has been a problem, two of the bottom three have been down since November and the quality of lower mid table sides is awful, Brighton are my case in point. They’re awful and staying up with relative ease. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2019 at 20:30, Smiley Culture said:

This Premier League season has been the poorest for a long while. City and Liverpool are the saving grace on this season. 

Nobody seems to have the consistency and quality to win the mythical fourth place trophy, there’s been a battle for the last European space and while we’ve had numerous frontrunners for that at different times of the season, again consistency has been a problem, two of the bottom three have been down since November and the quality of lower mid table sides is awful, Brighton are my case in point. They’re awful and staying up with relative ease. 

Personally I disagree. Maybe that is why it is the unpopular opinion thread. I think the league is getting stronger and Europe is showing that. Lack of consistency can come from a more competitive league. 

Edited by Guest

57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Personally I disagree. Maybe that is why it is the unpopular opinion thread. I think the league is getting stronger and Europe is showing that. Lack of consistency can come from a more competitive league. 

I think the English success in Europe is a reflection on how Shit Juve, Barca, Real and Bayern have become, and a lack of Progression from PSG. 

Same with Man City, they're only winning the league because Nottingham Forest are shit. As a powerful institution they by right can play better football than anyone else, they're just having an off 40 years but when they get it right again Man City will fall right down.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think the English success in Europe is a reflection on how Shit Juve, Barca, Real and Bayern have become, and a lack of Progression from PSG. 

So basically you're saying everyone is shit

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

All football history before VAR should be wiped. Like everything before the Premier League was. 

Football only started in 2019 will be the new go-to sarcastic phrase in years to come... 

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Because English sides have performed well in European competition, that doesn’t mean they’ve automatically had a good season in domestic football, barring Liverpool, who have. 

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

As exciting as this all is in Europe, I do think we miss a traditionally defensive, frustrating side. Italy seems to have abandoned that completely now and the self-destruction of Mourinho leaves a bit of a void in terms of the spoilers in football.

Juventus still displays it at times, like their away game against Tottenham last season. But yeah, we need another Inter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

Not an unpopular opinion but it certainly seems to be unpopular here. Football/Soccer is not popular in the USA, regardless of what people will have you believe.

This is more ignorant and incorrect than anything. 

If a country has a stadium that ranks in the top 5 in the WORLD for average attendance for domestic league football, then obviously parts of the country cares. 

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions