talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

1 hour ago, Stan said:

BBC Sport did a reliving of the dramatic day on 13th last week. Nedum Onuoha, playing for QPR at the time, said this...

And...

No offence to your mate but I'd rather believe a footballer in that team than him xD 

Ever heard the expression "the lady doth protest too much"'? :ph34r: He's hardly going to come out and say "Yeah, we knew we were safe after the Bolton game ended, so the gaffer asked us to let one in at our end to settle a grudge he had. Obviously we all agreed."

Don't forget Onuoha played for City for years as well

26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

A Scouser, regardless of the colour, who’d played for City for years is just too fishy. 

He was sent-off at 1-1. A draw, IIRC, was enough to keep QPR up and meant City were 2nd. I’m not sure that I believe that he tried to take a City player with him, I don’t think he has that brain power to think that, this is the man who used a teenager’s face as an ashtray remember. 

He may not be the brightest spark, but I can definitely believe that he's the kind of person to whom snidery comes almost instinctively

42 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It's not exactly rare for footballers from underdeveloped nations to show pride in their heritage, is it?

Yes, that may be true, but Wales is certainly not an underdeveloped nation.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fantasy Football is pretty crap. The initial enjoyment lasts about three weeks before you forget to change things and you’re bottom of the league. 

I think it needs to be like American fantasy football, drafting a team vs a small group of people.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Fantasy Football is pretty crap. The initial enjoyment lasts about three weeks before you forget to change things and you’re bottom of the league. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I think it needs to be like American fantasy football, drafting a team vs a small group of people.

It's only crap if you end up forgetting though and that's on you :what:

Also, there are several leagues out there with draft competitions and personalised where it can be small amounts of people in there.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's only crap if you end up forgetting though and that's on you :what:

Also, there are several leagues out there with draft competitions and personalised where it can be small amounts of people in there.

If it was any good, I wouldn’t. 

Genuinely don’t know anyone that gets beyond September with it. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If it was any good, I wouldn’t. 

Genuinely don’t know anyone that gets beyond September with it. 

Do you use the same one? Or used to?

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I used to agree until we started one at work where we actually play it in a league format. We get bang on 20 of us and then instead of just doing total points, we play each other twice over the season and whoever gets the most points gets 3 points that weekend, 1 for a draw (which is very rare mind), it definitely keeps it a bit more interesting I think.

Couldn't disagree more with @Smiley Culture on Fantasy Football.

Every season i'm in a 16 team league using the official fantasy game, and we all stick a tenner in. Prizes for top 3. But a lot of us usually have a tenner who finishes above who just for fun.

It's brilliant, probably because we nearly all keep on top of it. That whatsapp group is buzzing on weekends when football is on.

I have seen some unbelievable meltdowns where people have lost it for various reasons because they didn't get assist points or a goal was awarded to someone that shouldn't have been. And don't even get me started when you lose a clean sheet in injury time xD Some absolute priceless moments.

But that is what its all about. And it's just as rewarding when you do make a pick under the radar and he smashes it.

Personally, its been great on the final day when we have occasionally met up for beers to watch the last day together if the fantasy league is still anyone's.

Not so much the last two seasons mind, but this years was a 5 horse race till it stopped.

At the end of the day, it's what you make it and if you lose interest or can't be arsed, then just don't bother to start with. Simple.

Edited by Lucas

11 hours ago, Azeem said:

It would be cool to have an official West Indies football team

Won't happen though unfortunately because FIFA are strict on things like that. Personally I'd love to have a British team that does tours but it won't happen. There is an Olympic women's team though which will be in the next Olympics.

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Won't happen though unfortunately because FIFA are strict on things like that. Personally I'd love to have a British team that does tours but it won't happen. There is an Olympic women's team though which will be in the next Olympics.

What's the Fifas regulations on that ?

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fantasy football is for bored husbands and sad singles.  

This. 

Some lad I went to school with and have on Facebook  is bang into it and always talking about the “FPL Fam” and shite like that. 

Edited by Smiley Culture

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fantasy football is for bored husbands and sad singles.  

Magic the gathering? 

I don’t even like fantasy football, but Cicero picked the wrong thing to hit back at you with 👀😂

34 minutes ago, Rick said:

Magic the gathering? 

I don’t even like fantasy football, but Cicero picked the wrong thing to hit back at you with 👀😂

Haven't played it in a year. I'd happily play with friends if asked, but I had a couple close shots at the pro tour, swung, missed. No more grinding. Other things are more important now 

You're not wrong thoughxD

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions