talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

On 23/06/2020 at 02:39, Mpache said:

Personally, I'm not sure I'd say Guerrero is world class myself. He can play for a club like Dortmund or Atletico Madrid for sure, but his finishing is a bit off for him to earn that tag.

What I do believe, is he's top 5 forwards in South America. Cavani, Suarez, Aguero and Firmino are better. Can't think of others. Falcao, Vargas, Jesus, Rondon, Zapata and Icardi aren't better.

A 36 year old European failure is better than Falcao and Icardi? You're thicker than a mad womans shit. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

A 36 year old European failure is better than Falcao and Icardi? You're thicker than a mad womans shit. 

Falcao and Icardi couldn't impact their national team as heavily as Guerrero did. Just because he hadn't peaked by the time he was at Hamburg doesn't mean he "stayed the same".

Icardi is overrated and Falcao is finished. Even Colombians think Paolo is better than him.

43 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Icardi is overrated and Falcao is finished. Even Colombians think Paolo is better than him.

What makes you believe Icarid is overrated? I hate the guy, but before Inter got sexy again, he was the only person producing on an otherwise untalented team. He finished top scorer in Italy, and 2nd a couple of times, all which going home to an overrated p.o.s. of a wife. 

I'd say Icardi is certainly elite, and the likes of Lazio, Napoli, and especially Juventus were happy as hell to see him leave Italy and become Ligue 1's problem. 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

What makes you believe Icarid is overrated? I hate the guy, but before Inter got sexy again, he was the only person producing on an otherwise untalented team. He finished top scorer in Italy, and 2nd a couple of times, all which going home to an overrated p.o.s. of a wife. 

I'd say Icardi is certainly elite, and the likes of Lazio, Napoli, and especially Juventus were happy as hell to see him leave Italy and become Ligue 1's problem. 

I just don’t rate him as highly as some people do, that’s all.

20 minutes ago, Eco said:

Overrated or not, hes CERTAINLY better than Gurrero ffs. 

Brian sounds like Halewood Toffee saying Jelavic is better than Suarez

1 hour ago, Dan said:

People have gotten too carried away by Bruno Fernandes.

He blows hot and cold, but he’s very consistent in the final third if that makes sense. Lethal finisher for a midfielder. Type of player that will have a bad game but will still nick a goal. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Overrated or not, hes CERTAINLY better than Gurrero ffs. 

Brian sounds like Halewood Toffee saying Jelavic is better than Suarez

And may i ask you how many minutes have you seen if Guerrero since he joined Flamengo?

Paolo is like the third all time top scorer of the Copa America and has smashed Cubillas record of goals for the national team, launching what is a pretty average team to massive heights. You probably also think the earth is flat because I refuse to believe someone is this retarted based off guesswork.

Edited by Mpache

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If larry who plays at figtree oval behind my house scores 2 a game I'm not going to call him the next messi am I? 

Again, you’re missing the point.

He doesn’t play in the greatest league, sure. But he more than makes up for that by having terrorized the likes of Godin, Thiago Silva, Otamendi, etc. I also recall Christensen couldn’t handle him in the World Cup.

Again you judging him having watched a grand total of 0 minutes since he joined Flamengo is utterly laughable, as he’s a much more complete player since he left Hamburg.

He’s one of the best CF’s in South America and it’s a common South American opinion whether you like it or not. End of story, I am not sure why I bother sometimes.

Edited by Mpache

Just now, Mpache said:

Again, you’re missing the point.

He doesn’t play in the greatest league, sure. But he more than makes up for that by having terrorized the likes of Godin, Thiago Silva, Otamendi, etc. I also recall Christensen couldn’t handle him in the World Cup.

Again you judging him having watched a grand total of 0 minutes since he joined Flamengo is utterly laughable, as he’s a much more complete player since he left Hamburg.

He’s one of the best CF’s in South America and it’s a common South American opinion whether you like it or not. End of story, I am not sure why I bother sometimes.

Ah yes, gurerro TORE CHRISTENSEN UP!!!!!! Gurerro scored every single one of Perus 0 goals that day. What a legendary performance. Who the fuck rates Christensen anyway? 

Your blind bias is the only laughable thing here 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ah yes, gurerro TORE CHRISTENSEN UP!!!!!! Gurerro scored every single one of Perus 0 goals that day. What a legendary performance. Who the fuck rates Christensen anyway? 

Your blind bias is the only laughable thing here 

You say blind bias as if I’m the only one who thinks that.

The definition of blind is “not being able to see” and *get this* you haven’t seen a minute of him since he joined Flamengo. Where as I watch him regularly.

Also I’d like to congratulate you on only focusing on Christensen. Like you know you’re wrong and are trying to justify it.

Give up.

"Christensen couldn't handle him" Brian

"Christensen is shit and also he didn't score or create a single goal when shit for brains supposedly "Couldn't handle him"" DDW

"Why are you focusing on Christensen" Brian

What a dialogue we have here. Your goalless midget who loved to kick people is the envy of no one. Get over it cunt

1. Mark Viduka
  2. Robin van Persie
  3. Ruud van Nistelrooj
  4. Carlos Tevez
  5. Dimitar Berbatov
  6. Wayne Rooney
  7. Harry Kane
  8. Gonzalo Higuian
  9. Karim Benzema
  10. Olivier Giroud
  11. Romulu Lukaku
  12. Jamie Vardy
  13. Luca Toni
  14. Alessandro del Piero
  15. Francesco Totti
  16. Antonio di Natale
  17. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
  18. Edin Dzeko
  19. Falcao
  20. Robert Lewandowski
  21. Didier Drogba
  22. Nicolas Anelka
  23. Thierry Henry
  24. David Trezuguet
  25. Mario Mandzukic
  26. Mario Gomez
  27. David Villa
  28. Fernando Torres
  29. Ciro Immobile
  30. Edinzon Cavani
  31. Mauro Icardi
  32. Alan Shearer
  33. Sergio Aguero
  34. Luis Suarez
  35. Antoine Griezmann
  36. Diego Costa
  37. Robbie Keane
  38. Hernan Crespo
  39. Ron Makaay
  40. Pierre Emerick Aubameyang
  41. Miroslav Klose
  42. Iago Aspas
  43. Aritz Aduriz
  44. Samuel Eto'o
  45. Diego Forlan
  46. Luis Fabiano
  47. Frederic Kanoute
  48. Emmanuel Adebayor
  49. Raul
  50. Antonio Cassano
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Christensen couldn't handle him" Brian

"Christensen is shit and also he didn't score or create a single goal when shit for brains supposedly "Couldn't handle him"" DDW

"Why are you focusing on Christensen" Brian

What a dialogue we have here. Your goalless midget who loved to kick people is the envy of no one. Get over it cunt

Notice how I mentioned 3 other defenders there and you only focus on Christensen? Funny. Also that you are taking it off road again not debating the actual point.

Also well done for ignoring @Eco‘s request as staff. Sums this up.

51 minutes ago, Mpache said:

I just don’t rate him as highly as some people do, that’s all.

I understood that from your first post, I'm just curious as to why. 

I know you have mentioned Guerro at Flemengo, and while I haven't watched him, but I do know is that different leagues and different countries require a different set of skills. Certainly there are players who would dominate everywhere, but just because he plays well in Brazil doesn't mean he can handle Europe. 

My biggest case in point is Pity Martinez who was the South American POTY, and isn't even in the top 20 best players in the MLS, and not in the Top 3 Best players on Atlanta United. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eco said:

I understood that from your first post, I'm just curious as to why. 

I know you have mentioned Guerro at Flemengo, and while I haven't watched him, but I do know is that different leagues and different countries require a different set of skills. Certainly there are players who would dominate everywhere, but just because he plays well in Brazil doesn't mean he can handle Europe. 

My biggest case in point is Pity Martinez who was the South American POTY, and isn't even in the top 20 best players in the MLS, and not in the Top 3 Best players on Atlanta United. 

Well considering he’s one of the few players who has scored against every South American team, is the 3rd top scorer in Copa America history (iirc) and is Peru’s top scorer by 14 goals in arguably the hardest continent, that’s a feat on its own. I think he could hold his own in Europe. He just so happened to mature after Corinthians and by then he was 32. No European clubs would be interested after that.

Just now, Mpache said:

Well considering he’s one of the few players who has scored against every South American team, is the 3rd top scorer in Copa America history (iirc) and is Peru’s top scorer by 14 goals in arguably the hardest continent, that’s a feat on its own. I think he could hold his own in Europe. He just so happened to mature after Corinthians and by then he was 32. No European clubs would be interested after that.

A few of those points don't mean anything to me, particularly the first. 

And I'd argue that the best teams are certainly in Europe, although the best young talent is in South America...and it's not a fact, just my opinion. 

Also, I'm not buying you argument with his age. We are living in a world where their is a win now mentality. Managers are getting fired left and right for not bringing in immediate success, and this leads to managers making short term decisions. If a club thought he could add value to their team for just one season, then he'd have offers easily. 

Now, he may not wish to go to Europe, and that's on him, but I promise you that if European clubs believed he could score 15-20 goals in a season for them, they'd be calling him at all hours of the day asking for his signature.