talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

It's moronic and precisely why the pandemic is still happening. What happens when 40,000 people are in close proximity? The virus spreads. What happens when those people leave the ground? The virus spreads more. Who catches the worst of it? People that didn't even go to the game and have compromised immune systems. Having a stupid, selfish idea of mass gatherings indirectly murders people.

Imagine having a loved one die because some dickhead when to a football game, caught the virus, and then promptly spread it around the community.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Spike said:

It's moronic and precisely why the pandemic is still happening. What happens when 40,000 people are in close proximity? The virus spreads. What happens when those people leave the ground? The virus spreads more. Who catches the worst of it? People that didn't even go to the game and have compromised immune systems. Having a stupid, selfish idea of mass gatherings indirectly murders people.

Imagine having a loved one die because some dickhead when to a football game, caught the virus, and then promptly spread it around the community.

But c’mon mate, there’s not 80,000 matches a week to watch safely on a tele right now! It’s actually amusing that on social media, I’ve read some cunts whinging that their mental health is suffering because they can’t go watch their teams play. Get in the fucking sea you whoppers.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Exactly this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/09/2020 at 23:41, Spike said:

Whilst I do agree, do you not think it could work with a heavily reduced capacity though?

I know there is the question of if it's really that important (which it is not) but from what I've read, in the likes of the NFL this weekend and at Dortmund Saturday when they had 10k in, it was a really well organised procedure.

If that could be incorporated here, I don't think we should totally shut down the idea personally or you'll forever live in fear to try and get it back up and running.

Edited by Lucas

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Whilst I do agree, do you not think it could work with a heavily reduced capacity though?

I know there is the question of if it's really that important (which it is not) but from what I've read, in the likes of the NFL this weekend and at Dortmund Saturday when they had 10k in, it was a really well organised procedure.

If that could be incorporated here, I don't think we should totally shut down the idea personally or you'll forever live in fear to try and get it back up and running.

I don't think the NFL is comparable as it is a state issue in the USA (for instance no fans at the Chicago Bears games), and the USA is a much larger country that isn't as population dense as the UK. London, Birmingham, and Leeds are the three biggest cities right? They are only a few hours drive away from each other, you could visit all three in a day, whereas New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago are all a few days drive away from each other.

I can't comment on Germany, I don't know how bad it is there.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

I don't really think you can compare what they're doing in Germany to here. If things had been handled better here in terms of track and trace it might have been possible but you've no chance at the moment

14 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't think the NFL is comparable as it is a state issue in the USA (for instance no fans at the Chicago Bears games), and the USA is a much larger country that isn't as population dense as the UK. London, Birmingham, and Leeds are the three biggest cities right? They are only a few hours drive away from each other, you could visit all three in a day, whereas New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago are all a few days drive away from each other.

I can't comment on Germany, I don't know how bad it is there.

Manchester and Liverpool are way bigger than Leeds. And only 35 miles apart, with people living and working between the cities. Plus you’ve got lots of big towns in between them as well.

• Upvote 2

Yes. The UK has very strange council boundaries. Leeds, as a city, includes villages about 10 miles out of the city. Whereas Manchester and Liverpool technically don't include areas which are absolutely a part of the city like Old Trafford/Stretford for Manchester or Bootle/Huyton for Liverpool. And that's before you get onto the nicer suburbs.  It's the reason you have oddities like Manchester United not technically being in Manchester and Jamie Carragher/Steven Gerrard technically not being from Liverpool.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Manchester and Liverpool are way bigger than Leeds. And only 35 miles apart, with people living and working between the cities. Plus you’ve got lots of big towns in between them as well.

I was just checking the city population not the population of the metro, Leeds apparently has more living in the city proper than either liverpool or manchester, so that is where my statement came from, but then metro v city proper is usually a arbitrary definition 

6 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yes. The UK has very strange council boundaries. Leeds, as a city, includes villages about 10 miles out of the city. Whereas Manchester and Liverpool technically don't include areas which are absolutely a part of the city like Old Trafford/Stretford for Manchester or Bootle/Huyton for Liverpool. And that's before you get onto the nicer suburbs.  It's the reason you have oddities like Manchester United not technically being in Manchester and Jamie Carragher/Steven Gerrard technically not being from Liverpool.

Oh so that is probably why the list I looked up listed Leeds third

On 07/10/2020 at 12:04, The Artful Dodger said:

I technically don't live in Glasgow despite being able to drive from my house to the city centre in about 15 minutes, without ever leaving a built-up area.

• 3 months later...

Remove the vast majority of ex-pro's who are pundits and replace them with journalists with low job security. Regardless of how ugly that journalists physical appearance might be compared to Jamie Redknapp. Journalists are professionally trained in the art of being observant and researched. Sack off anyone as soon as they appear to be going down the talksport type route of being controversial for the hits. Make people accountable for the quality of what comes out of their mouth. On a panel of 3 it should be 2 to 1 when it comes to journalists and ex pro's as a minimum standard.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Remove the vast majority of ex-pro's who are pundits and replace them with journalists with low job security. Regardless of how ugly that journalists physical appearance might be compared to Jamie Redknapp. Journalists are professionally trained in the art of being observant and researched. Sack off anyone as soon as they appear to be going down the talksport type route of being controversial for the hits. Make people accountable for the quality of what comes out of their mouth. On a panel of 3 it should be 2 to 1 when it comes to journalists and ex pro's as a minimum standard.

Or make an ex player who can string more than 3 words together to do their 3 year journalism degree. 

On 17/01/2021 at 07:47, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Alot journalists are cunts who would gladly ruin someone's life for a story. Not all of course, but many are insufferable little cunts. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

On 17/01/2021 at 08:53, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Or make an ex player who can string more than 3 words together to do their 3 year journalism degree. 

Or simply don't employ morons with arrogant, narrow minded, simplistic views on the sport. Gary Linekar for example, is great, Redknapp isn't. 

I was watching Xavi discussing the sport last night, no journo has that level of understanding on the game. Love listening to Henry aswell, Cruijff was also very informative.

It's more about the player themselves than the fact they are players full stop.

On 17/01/2021 at 01:47, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

So what your saying is that you don't like how Redknapp pluralises everything? You don't like it when he says 'yer Chelseas, yer Liverpools, yer Messis, and yer Ronaldos'? You telling me he is completely incompetent?

On top of that get rid of Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher, I'm sick of hearing Neville sound like he has to blow his nose and how Carragher also sounds like he has a mouthful of saliva that he can't swallow.

Edited by Spike

1 hour ago, Spike said:

So what your saying is that you don't like how Redknapp pluralises everything? You don't like it when he says 'yer Chelseas, yer Liverpools, yer Messis, and yer Ronaldos'? You telling me he is completely incompetent?

On top of that get rid of Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher, I'm sick of hearing Neville sound like he has to blow his nose and how Carragher also sounds like he has a mouthful of saliva that he can't swallow.

BUT THE BANTZ!!!!

"Ohh we played for rival clubs so we hate each other but really we're mates so it's all okay"x1000 per segment. :dam:

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I like the late flag and think it’s good for football and the best way to deal with offsides 

Until someone gets seriously injured colliding with the keeper or defender...