talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

Just now, Daedalus said:

Believe it or not, I did read it all, and it's clear that you two just see things differently when it comes to the Bundesliga. You would think after numerous people call you out on your insults you might soon realize that maybe the person at fault is in fact...you. But alas I digress.

I don't insult anyone except the ones that have done enough to piss me off - stop blinding yourself. And no, you didn't read the other threads.

Just now, Daedalus said:

To be back on topic - Is the point to win the CL every year when you are a massive club like Bayern? Sure. But there is a reason only 1 team has won it 2 years consecutively, and that team isn't Barcelona, which has been one of the most dominate teams Europe has seen ever. The point I'm making is that it's so hard to win the CL, so I don't see how getting to the Semis every year is a disappointing thing.

Its not an idiotic thing, but I'm not an idiot for thinking Serie A is a better league when their top club has made the finals twice in the last 4 years in comparison to Germany's top club Bayern who hasn't.

Just now, nudge said:

You completely missed the point. 

Ok, well this is my opinion and I have no grudge against Viva la FCmong against his own views. I have a grudge against him for other reasons.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

Ok, well this is my opinion and I have no grudge against Viva la FCmong against his own views. I have a grudge against him for other reasons.

It's fine to have an opinion, to call anyone who disagrees with it "delusional" is a different story altogether xD 

Just now, Blue said:

Its not an idiotic thing, but I'm not an idiot for thinking Serie A is a better league when their top club has made the finals twice in the last 4 years in comparison to Germany's top club Bayern who hasn't.

I didn't say you were idoitic. But neither is @Viva la FCB for saying the opposite. Or @nudge for saying the attractiveness of a league is about the fans and the style of play.

That's the point in all this...it's a debate. If you can't debate a topic and at least pretend to see the other's point of view, then you what's the point??

Just now, nudge said:

It's fine to have an opinion, to call anyone who disagrees with it "delusional" is a different story altogether xD 

Haha, that was a dig at Viva la FCB! I don't moan at others for having opinions, even if they think Fiji is better than France.

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I didn't say you were idoitic. But neither is @Viva la FCB for saying the opposite. Or @nudge for saying the attractiveness of a league is about the fans and the style of play.

That's the point in all this...it's a debate. If you can't debate a topic and at least pretend to see the other's point of view, then you what's the point??

I can debate just fine. Your problem as well as FCB's is that you're both blinded and insult or make fun of me instead of debate something. The day you realize this and apologize is when I'll have a proper debate with one of you 2.

Example: Making fun of Peru or saying I'm outlandish for thinking X league is better than Y. Its the big reason why I can't take either of you seriously.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

And as someone who loves Serie A. I still put the Bundesliga ahead. Germany is better off financially, which doesn't seem like a major deal until you look at all the absolute crap stadiums that are falling apart in Italy (except Juventus), and the lack of pure infrastructure. The football gets overly defensive at times, but the major selling points right now in the league is the fact that we are the only one of the 'big' leagues in Europe which still have a title race on.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I can debate just fine. Your problem as well as FCB's is that you're both blinded and insult or make fun of me instead of debate something. The day you realize this and apologize is when I'll have a proper debate with one of you 2.

I haven't once insulted you or 'made fun of you' in this thread, though. I said your view was harsh and idiotic on Pep, but if that honestly offends you, than you need thicker skin.

Just now, Daedalus said:

I haven't once insulted you or 'made fun of you' in this thread, though. I said your view was harsh and idiotic on Pep, but if that honestly offends you, than you need thicker skin.

It doesn't offend me, I don't care! it just makes me not take you seriously.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It doesn't offend me, I don't care! it just makes me not take you seriously.

Okay - Then if you truly don't care (which you shouldn't because this is a forum for people to have fun and enjoy themselves), then calm down on the name calling and lighten up a bit.

Just now, Daedalus said:

Okay - Then if you truly don't care (which you shouldn't because this is a forum for people to have fun and enjoy themselves), then calm down on the name calling and lighten up a bit.

If you're trying to create truce then I accept but I'd expect you to put a part in it as well ;) 

Just now, Spike said:

The Italian league trounces the bundesliga outside of Bayern.

I don't know how outside of the historical aspect.

The stadiums (outside Juve) are all falling apart, the attendances are shit in Italy, and the style is play is no where near as entertaining as the Bundesliga.

3 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I don't know how outside of the historical aspect.

The stadiums (outside Juve) are all falling apart, the attendances are shit in Italy, and the style is play is no where near as entertaining as the Bundesliga.

The teams are better and the style of play is subjective. I'd rather watch Napoli than BVB, and I'd wager the mid-level teams in Italy like Sassuolo and Fiorentina are better than Werder and Wolsburg. The Italian league is fantastic and I don't understand this bizarre groupthink of ultradefensive football. Sachi and Herrera don't coach anymore.

Stadia and attendance is irrelevent.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not every great team wins the CL. Cup competitions are arbitrary barometres of team success. A bad team never wins the league marathon but a bad team sometimes wins a cup.

Chelsea 07/08 = elite

Chelsea 11/12 = shite

Our 07-10 team reminds me of this current Real Madrid side. Filled with talented players, but outdone by a better coached team with a far superior manager. 

We really stalled when Mourinho left. 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

The teams are better and the style of play is subjective. I'd rather watch Napoli than BVB, and I'd wager the mid-level teams in Italy like Sassuolo and Fiorentina are better than Werder and Wolsburg. The Italian league is fantastic and I don't understand this bizarre groupthink of ultradefensive football. Sachi and Herrera don't coach anymore.

Stadia and attendance is irrelevent.

Well I'm not shocked you'd rather watch the team at the top of the table in Serie A against the team currently in 6th in Germany. If you are doing that comparison -

Napoli vs Bayern
Juventus vs Bayer Leverkusen
Schalke vs Lazio
Inter Milan vs Leipzig

Bayern and Juve would both win, but I'm not sure about the rests of those.

And stadiums, infrastructure and attendance do matter to me. Which is why I like the Bundesliga setup and commitment more than what is currently happening in Italy.

1 minute ago, Daedalus said:

Well I'm not shocked you'd rather watch the team at the top of the table in Serie A against the team currently in 6th in Germany. If you are doing that comparison -

Napoli vs Bayern
Schalke vs Lazio
Inter Milan vs Leipzig

And stadiums, infrastructure and attendance do matter to me. Which is why I like the Bundesliga setup and commitment more than what is currently happening in Italy.

Lazio would smash Schalke. And attendance is irralevant. The Argentine league fills up all the bloody time and they aren't better than any of the top 5 European leagues.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Lazio would smash Schalke. And attendance is irralevant. The Argentine league fills up all the bloody time and they aren't better than any of the top 5 European leagues.

You mean the same Lazio team that lost to something called Zulte-Waregem?

If I were a betting man, I'd definitely put my money on Lazio. but I'd also put my money on RB over Inter.

Again, I understand you and @Spike don't think attendance and stadiums matter, but I do when I consider the league as a whole. And you keep bringing up Argentina in terms of attendance, but don't mention the stadium situation in Argentina compared to that of Italy and Germany. I have never been to an Argentine game, but I've been to one in the Bundesliga, and I've been to the San Siro a few times, there is a massive difference between them.

Just now, Daedalus said:

If I were a betting man, I'd definitely put my money on Lazio. but I'd also put my money on RB over Inter.

Again, I understand you and @Spike don't think attendance and stadiums matter, but I do when I consider the league as a whole. And you keep bringing up Argentina in terms of attendance, but don't mention the stadium situation in Argentina compared to that of Italy and Germany. I have never been to an Argentine game, but I've been to one in the Bundesliga, and I've been to the San Siro a few times, there is a massive difference between them.

It's fine if it matters to you, and that definitely matters in league structure but standard has to do with the football played and not the crowds.

I agree with you on Leipzig though. They are better than Inter IMO.

1 minute ago, Daedalus said:

Napoli vs Bayern
Schalke vs Lazio
Inter Milan vs Leipzig

Napoli would beat Bayern or at least it'd be close; actually Imcouldnt say for sure. That is the only interesting match up. Sure those German clubs are high on the table but the discrepency between 1st and those clubs puts Bayern ahead into a different stratosphere.  16 points seperates 1st and 2nd while 16 points seperates 2nd and 17th. Everything after Bayern may as well be called 2.Bundesliga because while they be competitive with eachother, tehy aren't very good teams.

Juve would smash Bayer.

Lazio would beat Schalke. 

Inter should beat Leipzig but it depends on Perisic and Icardi.

It matters literally nothing from a competitiveness viewpoint. We may as throw in other arbitrary  things like sponsorships, shared revenue, TV rights, and owners.

2 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

And Huddersfield beat Man Utd... and Betis beat Real Madrid.

• The title was changed to Unpopular Football Opinions