talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

Just now, Eco said:

A few of those points don't mean anything to me, particularly the first. 

And I'd argue that the best teams are certainly in Europe, although the best young talent is in South America...and it's not a fact, just my opinion. 

Also, I'm not buying you argument with his age. We are living in a world where their is a win now mentality. Managers are getting fired left and right for not bringing in immediate success, and this leads to managers making short term decisions. If a club thought he could add value to their team for just one season, then he'd have offers easily. 

Now, he may not wish to go to Europe, and that's on him, but I promise you that if European clubs believed he could score 15-20 goals in a season for them, they'd be calling him at all hours of the day asking for his signature. 

In Europe though, you don’t play the best teams unless it’s at the Euros. In South America you always play the best teams every cycle. So that makes it more impressive. If you swap Portugal with Argentina, Ronaldo would have 50-60 international goals and not the stupid 80+ he’s got now. It’s just more competition in qualification.

And you may be right on the last point as Ibrahimovic went back, but I’d say Paolo is happy in Brazil as he’s rejected Boca Juniors on many occasions and also that Ibra was a world superstar, something Guerrero wasn’t.

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Or, MAYBE. Just maybe. And stop me if this sounds wrong. Perhaps no club wants a 5"2 86 year old whos best season in europe was 9 goals in 29 games 12 years ago and best EVER season in the bush league was 12 goals in 28 games 6 years ago. Call me crazy.

And Firmino hasn’t scored a single home goal this season. See how being as striker doesn’t always mean scoring bucketloads?

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

In Europe though, you don’t play the best teams unless it’s at the Euros. In South America you always play the best teams every cycle. So that makes it more impressive. If you swap Portugal with Argentina, Ronaldo would have 50-60 international goals and not the stupid 80+ he’s got now. It’s just more competition in qualification.

And you may be right on the last point as Ibrahimovic went back, but I’d say Paolo is happy in Brazil as he’s rejected Boca Juniors on many occasions and also that Ibra was a world superstar, something Guerrero wasn’t.

On the world football stage, I'd still say Europe is better, just because of all the talented countries you have (including the last 4 WC winners), however you also countries with poor facilities and no history that you can beat up with ease if you so desire. Europe also has 43 countries, whereas South America only has 12, so that also has to play a factor in it. 

Yeah, I do think if Guerrero was as great as you believe, that he'd be signed with some European team much like Ibra was. Teams need to win, and win now. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

And Firmino hasn’t scored a single home goal this season. See how being as striker doesn’t always mean scoring bucketloads?

(He scored Wednesday at Aifield)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Eco said:

On the world football stage, I'd still say Europe is better, just because of all the talented countries you have (including the last 4 WC winners), however you also countries with poor facilities and no history that you can beat up with ease if you so desire. Europe also has 43 countries, whereas South America only has 12, so that also has to play a factor in it. 

Yeah, I do think if Guerrero was as great as you believe, that he'd be signed with some European team much like Ibra was. Teams need to win, and win now. 

I’d say he could hold his own at a Dortmund or an Arsenal type club. But I honestly think he’s happy in Brazil because even at Flamengo, I find it amazing that he turned down Boca Juniors. That’s conspiracy though, you never know!

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m with @Eco here, if you’re one of the best players in the world... you’re playing in Europe, generally speaking. The best European leagues are generally a higher standard.

Not everyone likes playing in Europe though. Some South Americans do it to become stars. Riquelme and Tévez HATED playing in Europe, though only Riquelme kept his level when moving back.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m with @Eco here, if you’re one of the best players in the world... you’re playing in Europe, generally speaking. The best European leagues are generally a higher standard.

No you're wrong, Jelavic Gurerro is the greatest strike partnership possible and it's a european conspiracy that kept it from happening at Dortmund 2013 to stop them winning the champions league

The other thing @Eco is that Guerrero to my knowledge doesn’t have an EU passport, and along with his age it’s not ideal. Still though, every broadcast in South America that mentions Peru first says how great a player he is. I can even link you, though you’ll need to know Spanish for it xD

I'm a life long Bundesliga fan. Heres his wrap. He scored fuck all goals, showed the odd moment of quality, and got lots of cards for being a childish little cunt all the time. A real shitbag, like Arnautovic with less size and talent (Yes, he's not on Arnautovics level)

Apparently Brian thinks he got better as he got older, which honestly wouldn't surprise me, he probably grew up (mentally not physically, he's still tiny) much like Marko did to become a better player later in his career. But I'm sure he didn't become better than peak Falcao at any stage, or even close. Judging by his wank world cup. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm a life long Bundesliga fan. Heres his wrap. He scored fuck all goals, showed the odd moment of quality, and got lots of cards for being a childish little cunt all the time. A real shitbag, like Arnautovic with less size and talent (Yes, he's not on Arnautovics level)

Apparently Brian thinks he got better as he got older, which honestly wouldn't surprise me, he probably grew up (mentally not physically, he's still tiny) much like Marko did to become a better player later in his career. But I'm sure he didn't become better than peak Falcao at any stage, or even close. Judging by his wank world cup. 

If you read back though I never said he’s better than peak Falcao. I said he’s better than Falcao now, and I’ll add post injury to that. 

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Not everyone likes playing in Europe though. Some South Americans do it to become stars. Riquelme and Tévez HATED playing in Europe, though only Riquelme kept his level when moving back.

Yeah but nobody that’s sane would turn down the amount of money they’d make with their talent in Europe if they were still getting offers they’d get in European football, except Riquelme (maybe he’s not sane xD).

You take as much money as you can while you can, tbh. You get that money in Europe if you’re a footballer more often than not.

Just now, Mpache said:

The other thing @Eco is that Guerrero to my knowledge doesn’t have an EU passport, and along with his age it’s not ideal. Still though, every broadcast in South America that mentions Peru first says how great a player he is. I can even link you, though you’ll need to know Spanish for it xD

Well I certainly don't need all that. xD

I think it's fair to say that you tend to hype up Peruvians more than the rest of the forum (and arguably the world). I get it, you're proud of your country, but certainly it's hard to prove to someone that an older guy who didn't do well in Europe is a top striker in the world. 

Just now, Eco said:

Well I certainly don't need all that. xD

I think it's fair to say that you tend to hype up Peruvians more than the rest of the forum (and arguably the world). I get it, you're proud of your country, but certainly it's hard to prove to someone that an older guy who didn't do well in Europe is a top striker in the world. 

To be fair, I’m the only one who pays close attention to them. So it’s easier to say what I do.

1 minute ago, Mpache said:

To be fair, I’m the only one who pays close attention to them. So it’s easier to say what I do.

No doubt about it, but I think I wrote you about Farfan when you were invading the Russian Premier League thread because he scored after coming back from injury and Loko tweeted about it. I have never, and will never, be a fan of Farfan or 'rate' him highly at all. Sure he has moments where he looks above average, but all too often disappears in the games, and that's from me watching almost every Russian match over the past 3 years. 

Just now, Eco said:

No doubt about it, but I think I wrote you about Farfan when you were invading the Russian Premier League thread because he scored after coming back from injury and Loko tweeted about it. I have never, and will never, be a fan of Farfan or 'rate' him highly at all. Sure he has moments where he looks above average, but all too often disappears in the games, and that's from me watching almost every Russian match over the past 3 years. 

I also said though that I wasn’t sure he was Lokomotivs best player, but in fairness to you I only follow him and don’t actually watch his games. I remember in his first season I think it was he scored goals in something like 7 games in a row, so it’s not like he was useless. But I don’t know I’d be a hypocrite if I said I did.

Just now, Mpache said:

I also said though that I wasn’t sure he was Lokomotivs best player, but in fairness to you I only follow him and don’t actually watch his games. I remember in his first season I think it was he scored goals in something like 7 games in a row, so it’s not like he was useless. But I don’t know I’d be a hypocrite if I said I did.

Yeah, again, showed signs, but wholly in consistent, and plays for one of the biggest twats of a team in the entire world so there's that...