talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Unpopular Football Opinions

football forum

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hey @Eco since the Russian league’s been mentioned, how is Sardar Azmoun? He’s got good stats but when I see him with Iran he usually just slows play down then gives the ball away.

Seriously? 

I'd say he's probably the second best player in the league behind Malcolm. Absolutely devastating and their are a lot of rumors that it'll be impossible for Zenit to keep hold of him for much longer. 

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

The other thing @Eco is that Guerrero to my knowledge doesn’t have an EU passport, and along with his age it’s not ideal. Still though, every broadcast in South America that mentions Peru first says how great a player he is. I can even link you, though you’ll need to know Spanish for it xD

Everybody calls Mark Noble a ‘great player’ though when West Ham are televised (pundit wise). He’s mediocre at best. Happens when most teams play.

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Seriously? 

I'd say he's probably the second best player in the league behind Malcolm. Absolutely devastating and their are a lot of rumors that it'll be impossible for Zenit to keep hold of him for much longer. 

Yeah I have bad luck with watching Iran, though. That’s good to hear though

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Stern John scored 70 goals for Trinidad & Tobago, 36 more than any other player. He is clear of Icardi and Falcao for me as well for what he did for his national team. 

The Paolo Guerrero underappreciation society on here are like flat earthers. Have no argument base whatsoever given they haven't seen a second of him in recent times, and are 100% wrong.

Icardi is overrated and Falcao isn't good anymore. Get over yourself.

• Administrator
Just now, Mpache said:

The Paolo Guerrero underappreciation society on here are like flat earthers. Have no argument base whatsoever given they haven't seen a second of him in recent times, and are 100% wrong.

Let @Chaaay AFC have this one. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Let @Chaaay AFC have this one. 

Nah, first the argument is "he doesn't score enough goals" and now the argument is "Some shite Trinidadian scores too many goals in a shite confederation, so Guerrero isn't good". No winning innit. I know I bit, but fuck it. I'm triggered by the retartedness.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mpache said:

Nah, first the argument is "he doesn't score enough goals" and now the argument is "Some shite Trinidadian scores too many goals in a shite confederation, so Guerrero isn't good". No winning innit. I know I bit, but fuck it. I'm triggered by the retartedness.

Irony.

Chill out a bit mate xD

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Everybody calls Mark Noble a ‘great player’ though when West Ham are televised (pundit wise). He’s mediocre at best. Happens when most teams play.

It's not just pundits though, fans, coaches, players. They all admit he's a marvellous player.

He's even part of "los 4 fantasticos" which consisted of Farfan, Vargas, Pizarro and Paolo himself. If he was so shite, he wouldn't be in contention with the other 3 who all have had some success in Europe at the least.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mpache said:

xDxD

To be fair I have no horse in this race mate. For all I know you're probably spot on, just don't get so wound up. I really have no opinion or care for Guerrero, but using national team success to prove how good he is isn't always the best way to do it. That was the point I was making. 

Edited by Chaaay AFC

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

xDxD

To be fair I have no horse in this race mate. For all I know you're probably spot on, just don't get so wound up. I really have no opinion or care for Guerrero, but using national team success to prove how good he is isn't always the best way to do it.

It's 5 AM. Haven't slept and had a depressing day yesterday.

And I know, but Peru is an average team and he was able to lead them to unimaginable heights when even Paraguay have a stronger squad overall. I just didn't know what to say by that point, so I had to resort to give out facts. If they won't believe me then I felt the need to say something like that.

16 minutes ago, Mpache said:

It's not just pundits though, fans, coaches, players. They all admit he's a marvellous player.

He's even part of "los 4 fantasticos" which consisted of Farfan, Vargas, Pizarro and Paolo himself. If he was so shite, he wouldn't be in contention with the other 3 who all have had some success in Europe at the least.

Fantasticos???? Bahahahaha. A Legendary striker, a good left back, a mediocre winger and a little prick. This is like that tennis "big 4"all over again. Except Pizarro is Federer, Vargas is Murray, and Farfan and Gurerro are Kyrigos and Tomic 

Fuck your fantasticos 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fantasticos???? Bahahahaha. A Legendary striker, a good left back, a mediocre winger and a little prick. This is like that tennis "big 4"all over again. Except Pizarro is Federer, Vargas is Murray, and Farfan and Gurerro are Kyrigos and Tomic 

Fuck your fantasticos 

For our standards it was very good to have 4 players of that quality at a time.

Just now, Mpache said:

For our standards it was very good to have 4 players of that quality at a time.

I have some sympathy. Australia produces shit. Pizarro would be the greatest Australian player of all time hands down, Vargas would be as good as any, including Cahill And Schwarzer. And the other 2 would make any Aussie 11 of the last decade. But that doesn't make players better than they are. 

• Upvote 1

Your opinion is obviously coloured by your fondness of him as a national team hero. A guy who somehow is Peru's best ever goal scorer despite only scoring 0,38 goals per game - exactly the same ratio as Falcao for Colombia funnily enough.

There's no arguement for Guerrero.

As for club career, not comparable. Guerrero literally peaked at Germany's 4th tier.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I have some sympathy. Australia produces shit. Pizarro would be the greatest Australian player of all time hands down, Vargas would be as good as any, including Cahill And Schwarzer. And the other 2 would make any Aussie 11 of the last decade. But that doesn't make players better than they are. 

As much as we disagree, you surely can admit that Farfan and Guerrero are better than the likes of Ruidiaz, Andre Carrillo, or Chorri Palacios. All good players in their own right, but I don't think they could cut it in Europe consistently. Since Cubillas retired, we haven't had consistent talent, so to have those 4 playing at a time was a luxury. Even our 1998 team (with Solano) which almost qualified for the World Cup didn't have the peak quality of the mid 2000's team.

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Your opinion is obviously coloured by your fondness of him as a national team hero. A guy who somehow is Peru's best ever goal scorer despite only scoring 0,38 goals per game - exactly the same ratio as Falcao for Colombia funnily enough.

There's no arguement for Guerrero.

As for club career, not comparable. Guerrero literally peaked at Germany's 4th tier.

The only argument here is that the South Americans who have seen him admit he's brilliant, and the Europeans who haven't only remember his OK at best stint at Hamburg. That surely says something doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yes. That the Brazilian league is mediocre. 

So what's the gauge then? If he can't prove himself in Brazil, he can prove himself internationally, and he has. He schooled defenders such as Godin and Thiago Silva, who play at top European clubs.

He is arguably worse at club level than international, but he's far from mediocre. He's still by far the best player in the America's at club level

Edited by Mpache

3 minutes ago, Mpache said:

The only argument here is that the South Americans who have seen him admit he's brilliant, and the Europeans who haven't only remember his OK at best stint at Hamburg. That surely says something doesn't it?

Your point was that Guerrero is better than Falcao now. Falcao at his peak was the best striker in the world. At one point Falcao got the 5th more votes to win the ballon d'or, just think about that. Just a silly award but speaks volumes about the distance between the two at their peaks.

Ah well Guerrero has been shit his whole career but at least at 36 he's finally better than Falcao. Why would you say that and even if it's true, who cares?

Sounds like you're desperate to improve people's opinion of him but all you have is some vague claim that south americans think highly of him and that he's better than Falcao at 36. Laughing my ass off.

3 minutes ago, Machado said:

Your point was that Guerrero is better than Falcao now. Falcao at his peak was the best striker in the world. At one point Falcao got the 5th more votes to win the ballon d'or, just think about that. Just a silly award but speaks volumes about the distance between the two at their peaks.

Ah well Guerrero has been shit his whole career but at least at 36 he's finally better than Falcao. Why would you say that and even if it's true, who cares?

Sounds like you're desperate to improve people's opinion of him but all you have is some vague claim that south americans think highly of him and that he's better than Falcao at 36. Laughing my ass off.

He’s been better than Falcao for a while. Since 2016 I’d argue. I’ve even seen Colombians claim they rather have Paolo over him. 

I don’t know why we’re even having this argument. I highly doubt you follow him regularly like I do.