talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 5 Consumers of ISIS Online Content

football forum

The 5 countries where people click most on ISIS propaganda (and the U.S. is No. 2)
https://wapo.st/2ynjk0u

1. Turkey - no surprise with the wave of religious extremism Erdogan has been riding

2. USA - that's concerning obviously

3. Saudi Arabia - the # 1state sponsor of Islamic terrorism consumes ISIS propaganda? Shocking! Nah obvious as fuck lol

4. Iraq - birthplace of ISIS, so not shocking either, thanks very much for that Bush & Blair

5. UK - oh shit

I think Turkey being in NATO with their current government and religious extremism on the rise is worrying. But they're in because of their geo-strategic location more than anything.

Saudi Arabia has been a problem for decades and is ultimately the root of all of this. Iraq's condition is due to Western intervention bringing that country from weak stability to chaos.

The Western consumption of this shit is concerning though. We're in the age of weaponised misinformation & propaganda. Homegrown terror is the hardest to prevent and these cunts have target demographics of minds they can poison.

Social media companies need to be more proactive about not allowing this shit. At some point they become culpable by keeping it up. As we've seen recently, saying it can be used to monitor suspected terrorists is meaningless as the authorities seemingly have suspected most actual terrorists before each attack but didn't do anything about it.

The internet is a great thing, but social media's power to use weaponised propaganda to breed extremism is horrific and dangerous. Cutting off that stream of propaganda would lead to less homegrown terror, I'm sure of it.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Google Analytics and the likes?

People typing ISIS into google? Or ISIS using search engine enabled websites?

Unless they are thick as pig shit, which we can't rule out, then the criminal and organisational element of it is likely to be harder to find.

Of the easy stuff to find then GCHQ and NSA could shut it all down overnight. Maybe they don't want to because it's giving them intel.

If it's worked out by times it's referenced then we're (TF365) probably a sizeable contributor. I'd just like to point out to the spooks scanning this topic that the Islam apologists have mentioned several times they wish to hide incriminating evidence up there back passages. A full cavity search would be my recommendation 

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If it's worked out by times it's referenced then we're (TF365) probably a sizeable contributor. I'd just like to point out to the spooks scanning this topic that the Islam apologists have mentioned several times they wish to hide incriminating evidence up there back passages. A full cavity search would be my recommendation 

Your posts are probably a good recruiter for ISIS :ph34r:

13 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Your posts are probably a good recruiter for ISIS :ph34r:

I know you're just pulling my leg but I find the whole argument bollocks, when Christianity is attacked on here we don't accuse the attackers of contributing to the radicalisation  of Christians.

Attacking those who brave the shitstorm to attack this garbage religion as supposed to some silly hope that appeasement will make the followers think kindly of us and nerf their traditional ways is idiotic and frankly dangerous. After all it's working so well globally ignoring the elephant in the room that it's hard to argue with the logic of appeasement.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I know you're just pulling my leg but I find the whole argument bollocks, when Christianity is attacked on here we don't accuse the attackers of contributing to the radicalisation  of Christians.

Attacking those who brave the shitstorm to attack this garbage religion as supposed to some silly hope that appeasement will make the followers think kindly of us and nerf their traditional ways is idiotic and frankly dangerous. After all it's working so well globally ignoring the elephant in the room that it's hard to argue with the logic of appeasement.

Politicians might try to be diplomatic about their language, but any appeasement is undermined on the ground level by people like you using ISIS to attack and degrade anyone with a muslim identity. It's a bit rich saying appeasement isn't working when you've been getting in the way of it since day one.

After an attack, especially when ISIS started attacking, non-ISIS muslims, particularly young muslims, were ranting and raving in defence of their muslim identity, tensions were high. Is it any wonder that ISIS sympathy from impressionable anxiety riddled race driven brain's in the young muslim community would swell in an environment like that?

Appeasement can't get a hold because there is no one to negotiate peace with thus people with views like yours can't be brought under control like they were in Northern Ireland.

The whole thing is more complex than ever before.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Attacks on the West by ISIS are done with the hope of radicalising Christians actually.

ISIS is essentially a death cult. They want a global caliphate or a holy war that will lead to the Mahdi returning and bringing about judgment day. Like some Christians are hopeful for Christ to return and bring about judgment day. For that to happen in both religious texts, there has to be war in the holy lands.

So by stoking general anti-Muslim sentiment, they hope to provoke the Western world into a new epic war in the Middle East they hope will include Israel.  Super extreme Evangelical Christians hold the same view.

All religion, in it's most extreme, is cancer to humanity. Islam and the Middle East have more extremist views because of the history of the region of the last 150 years.

You should also realise they use anti-Muslim sentiment as recruitment propaganda for young people who grew up in a warzone brought about by Bush and Blair. They don't know anything about Saddam or WMDs, many don't even know about September 11th. They know they've been invaded. Then let's say ISIS roles to town and says the entire reason for the war is to slaughter Muslims, and show posts from people saying shit like that. It's an effective recruitment tools for low information and desperate people.

You're from Birmingham I find it hard to believe you've gone this long without meeting ordinary Muslims or people of Muslim descent who aren't batshit insane. Do you think these people are part of the cancer of Islam? Because chances are they also fucking hate ISIS, don't want anybody to die or get attacked, and don't want to die in a massive war to bring about judgment day.

ISIS has killed more Muslims than non-Muslim people as well. They do this to intimidate neighborhoods, towns, and villages to either join ISIS or die.

Tarring all people of one faith with the crimes of extremists is just foolish. Are all Catholics kiddy fiddlers? And generally speaking, I think religion is a severely outdated construct that only holds back humanity. But religion was a powerful controlling force in human history for so long, it's hard to tear the roots out. I have nothing against reasonable religion people who keep their views to themselves... but I think at best religion is just people trying to reassure themselves their lives have purpose and they'll get to be with loved ones when they die. And in the worst case religion leads to death, destruction and violence.

And to go back to their online propaganda and why GCHQ/NSA haven't taken them down despite being easy to find - there's 2 theories I've heard:

1.) They want to monitor repeat consumers of the propaganda and monitor those communications. This is plausible, it's rare we have an attack from someone who hasn't been monitored in the past 

2.) The NSA/GCHQ data collection is so immense it takes an incredibly long time to gather useful intel from it. Which if that's the case, we shouldn't be needlessly collecting everybody's information.

Both theories smell badly if government incompetence, which is why social media sites should be more proactive in reporting people and shutting down their propaganda.

I understand fully that ISIS hope to radicalise both sides and force a holy war. I don't use ISIS solely to degrade Islam, I've been anti Islam pre ISIS and most of my attacks aren't usually around ISIS, the only time we get onto ISIS is in the wake of an attack which is a fairly recent thing. I've been pretty much anti Islam for about a decade now on both forums about 5 years, and the more I research the more I dislike. There's a bigger conflict at stake here, ISIS are essentially a name for people to focus frustration.

It's not me getting in the way of appeasement either, I'm just fully behind the belief that to the laws of a land being superior to a specific religious organisation be it Islam, Judaism, Jedi whatever. What I'm attacking is the ideology. I don't get why it's the default on here to label an attack on an ideology as racist or a personal attack. I see Muslims daily I've spoken before about my interactions with different people of different countries that we would class as Muslim countries and the subtle differences. The common thread through all of it is they identify as Muslim, that's their prerogative not mine. When I'm attacking the ideology that is me attacking a belief system not someone because they have a different skin tone. For fuck sake True Blue is a white Muslim, a couple of the clowns fucking about in Syria are white middle class kids with obvious mental issues that have bought into the religion of piss. I don't think I've ever mentioned skin colour, I've expressed negative opinion based on countries of origin but that's been mixed with positive examples and has only been put forth as my personal experience and when expressed I've admitted that cultural factors are also at fault. 

I pity actively practicing  Muslim's I think they've effectively been brainwashed and they're socially blackmailed into a somewhat poorer lifestyle which is forced upon them by the construction of the belief system. I've said it many times it's not like other religions it has a political system bolted onto it which essentially restricts its followers freedoms. Broadly speaking it's a cult as a whole, it's masses aren't enlightened because enlightenment is so easily suppressed. 

When I talk about appeasement it's political & social appeasement I'm talking about. The political appeasement in the west by opportunistic politicians eager to capitalise on the block voting because lets face it by & large a practising Muslim is essentially just a person who's individuality and social liberty has been whittled down to the point where they now resemble a sheep, gpogle voting patterns among ethnic groups which I know you two aren't ignorant of. 

Take labour with Harriett Hartman on one side of Birmingham in a bus promoting equality for women and on the other Side of the city's labour councillor chairing a gender segregated meeting on the same day. I don't see anything wrong in pointing out how utterly disgusting this is and if it's to be a indication of the future how fucking depressing it is. 

Social appeasement is this concept of "oh it's their culture we should respect it" that's frankly bullocks in their countries fine it's their prerogative again but here never. Halal, multiple wives, underage marriage & forced marriage, homophobia, abuse of none Muslim women, I could go on & on, (some granted are part cultural) but we shouldn't be accepting of these things. We should be forcing our ways on them, if we were a little bit more forceful we would get them more keyed into our way of life. A great example is language we should just shut down all language programs aside from teaching it (which should be done in their country of origin) and force people to speak it. Constantly pandering is basically getting us a situation where we just essentially transport people and culture to new little enclaves of our cities, with all the existing problems that come with it, FGM is a great example.

I'm not the problem here, progressives thinking they know what's best very much are. We've got a situation where one half of our society is so full of self loathing they're quick to play down our society while wanting to appease other societies because of perceived injustices and that is a recipe for disaster. You may not like our society and it sure as shit isn't perfect but it's far superior in every way to an Islamic society that's beholden to sharia. It's like we've said before if you speak to an old Iranian who remembers Iran before the Shah they appreciate the freedoms they have here. Appeasing bullshit has breed a few generations of British muslims who don't appreciate it. 

two years ago, i witnessed an operation against an isis member here in Taif, KSA.    The Hotel that the terrorist hid was just two buildings away from our house/apartment.  Hoards of special forces surrounded the hotel but what's funny was the mother of the terrorist was there crying and screaming for his son to surrender.   They eventually shot him dead.    People here are very susceptible to being recruited becoz of their culture.   Offers of money and women, even only women, the youth would happily join ....

Archived