talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who is the Next Best Elite Striker?

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next best striker could be anyone really. We only look in the big leagues usually but look at Suarez who played at Groningen and Ajax and after the world cup went to Liverpool and got better over time. I think we will properly find out in the next world cup. For now, I'm sticking with Timo Werner who looks a massive talent. I'd be intrigued though to see how far Sebastian Driussi and Maxi Gomez go however.

5 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Paolo Guerrero already better than 80% of the strikers in the Prem.

Well he is considered by many one of the best strikers in South America :)

• Subscriber

I'm gutted in hindsight we never bought Werner. Went for £8.5mil the summer we paid double that for Musa xD would've probably got him too given the position we were in. He looks a great forward in the making.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm gutted in hindsight we never bought Werner. Went for £8.5mil the summer we paid double that for Musa xD would've probably got him too given the position we were in. He looks a great forward in the making.

A bit off topic but I think Low calling up a B team for the confederations cup was a genius move. They were experimenting their depth in order to not stagnate for the upcoming years and it worked brilliantly as they saw who makes the world cup squad next year and also won the bloody thing. Werner was one of the revelations for me. I had heard good things about him since he was 17/18 but never actually had a proper look at his level until then. With Bayern on the decline (so it seems) its good for German football at all levels.

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

A bit off topic but I think Low calling up a B team for the confederations cup was a genius move. They were experimenting their depth in order to not stagnate for the upcoming years and it worked brilliantly as they saw who makes the world cup squad next year and also won the bloody thing. Werner was one of the revelations for me. I had heard good things about him since he was 17/18 but never actually had a proper look at his level until then. With Bayern on the decline (so it seems) its good for German football at all levels.

I agree with you 100% on that. But it’s strange coming from a Latina American because as with the Club World Cup, the Confederations Cup is seen as something special there and here in Europe it isn’t big enough to be that important. 

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I agree with you 100% on that. But it’s strange coming from a Latina American because as with the Club World Cup, the Confederations Cup is seen as something special there and here in Europe it isn’t big enough to be that important. 

I wouldn't say the confederations cup is seen as something special here, only the Club World Cup.

Archived