talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Awards 2017 Winners Announced

football forum

• Administrator

The Best FIFA Men's Player:

• Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Portugal)
  • Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina)
  • Neymar (Barcelona/Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil)

The Best FIFA Women's Player:

• Deyna Castellanos (Santa Clarita Blue Heat and Venezuela)
  • Carli Lloyd (Houston Dash and United States)
  • Lieke Martens (Rosengard/FC Barcelona and Netherlands)

The Best FIFA Men's Coach:

• Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus)
  • Antonio Conte (Chelsea)
  • Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

The Best FIFA Women's Coach:

• Nils Nielsen (Denmark)
  • Gerard Precheur (Lyon)
  • Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands)

The Best FIFA Goalkeeper:

• Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus and Italy)
  • Keylor Navas (Real Madrid and Costa Rica)
  • Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich and Germany)

FIFA Puskas Award:

• Kevin-Prince Boateng (Las Palmas, 23 October 2016)
  • Alejandro Camargo (Universidad de Concepcion, 4 December 2016)
  • Deyna Castellanos (Venezuela Under-17 women 24 October 2016)
  • Moussa Dembele (Celtic, 5 February 2017)
  • Olivier Giroud (Arsenal , 1 January 2017)
  • Aviles Hurtado (Tijuana Xolos, 1 April 2017)
  • Mario Mandzukic (Juventus, 3 June 2017)
  • Oscarine Masuluke (Baroka FC, 30 November 2016)
  • Nemanja Matic (Chelsea, 23 April 2017)
  • Jordi Mboula (Barcelona Youth, 22 February 2017)

FIFA Fan Award:

• Borussia Dortmund
  • Celtic
  • Copenhagen

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been hugely impressed by Neymar this year at all levels. He's a tremendous player. I think he should win it based on actual individuality.

Unfortunately, I am sure it is going to be Cristiano. If we look more in context, he probably deserves it more for the importance of his goals. He hasn't been better than Messi or Neymar overall though, and both of them deserve it more than he does on an individual game.

Zidane has to be the best manager of the year and I think he'll also get it. As for best goals, I'll go Aviles Hurtado.

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

A farce they've left Mourinho out. Winning Southampton, Ajax and finishing 6th mustn't be good enough for FIFA. 

Sums up what a joke these awards are. After all, they did have the best unbeaten record in Europe. Lets not forget the amount of players who were double digits. These numbers and facts clearly matter but it seems FIFA don't care.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Sums up what a joke these awards are. After all, they did have the best unbeaten record in Europe. Lets not forget the amount of players who were double digits. These numbers and facts clearly matter but it seems FIFA don't care.

pretty sure HK was joking xD 

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Fucking hell you thought I was being serious? :rofl:

That was easy, but easy with the person I didn't expect 

you're so unfunny it's hard to tell sometimes.

Not really considering I always say numbers and records are irrelevant. Also my laugh reaction to him. Thought it was blatantly obvious I was playing along.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Casemiro or Isco over Iniesta most definitely!  the cule favouritism never ceases to amaze me. surprise to not see kante. 

yet there's 5 Real Madrid players and 2 Barcelona players.

Image result for hmm gif

I wouldn't say Iniesta should be in it either(even though he does still have it as shown yesterday!) and the only Barcelona players from this year who should be it in are Messi and Neymar(well half Barcelona/half PSG for the latter), although those 2 should be the main 2 for the Ballon d'or to be honest(Messi winning it and Neymar 2nd) as they have been the best 2 players in the world by far over the last 12 months.

10 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I wouldn't say Iniesta should be in it either(even though he does still have it as shown yesterday!) and the only Barcelona players from this year who should be it in are Messi and Neymar(well half Barcelona/half PSG for the latter), although those 2 should be the main 2 for the Ballon d'or to be honest(Messi winning it and Neymar 2nd) as they have been the best 2 players in the world by far over the last 12 months.

I  disagree here, Chris. Cristiano was decisive in the most important moments of the season for Real Madrid, to me he deserves to win the award. Honestly, I find myself agreeing with how the voters think. You lead your team to trophies, you win the award. In the end it doesn´t matter how many goals you score in December, but in April, May and June.

And regarding Neymar, he hasn´t been that good. He is very inconsistent. I´d pick De Bruyne, Kane, Isco and Mbappé over him. 

• Administrator

Cristiano Ronaldo wins Men's Player of the Year (deserved, for me)

Lieke Martens win Women's Player of the Year (I do not know if this is deserved or not  xD  )

• The title was changed to FIFA Awards 2017 Winners Announced

It doesn't matter what you do in the rest of the season when you score 10 goals in 5 games (QF, SF, F) against 3 of the best teams in the world, in the biggest club football competition there is.

It's a mindfuck watching Ronaldo playing lately and thinking he's really considered the best in the world, but the reality is that last season he was clutch when it most mattered.

Will next year be the one where finally one of Ronaldo or Messi don't win it?

If one of Portugal, Argentina or Brazil win the WC, the winner would be obvious. If some other NT wins it, it's probably going to be a CL winner instead. Maybe someone like De Bruyne if City are European champions.

Archived