Jump to content
talkfootball365

Who will be the best international team in 2027?


football forum
 Share

Vote Now  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the best international team in 2027?

    • Argentina (1st)
    • Belgium (2nd)
      0
    • Chile (3rd)
      0
    • Columbia (4th)
      0
    • Germany (5th)
    • Spain (6th)
      0
    • Brazil (7th)
    • Portugal (8th)
      0
    • Uraguay (9th)
      0
    • England (10th)
    • Other (Please specify)


Recommended Posts

football forum

A thread to speculate who will be the best international team in the world in 10 years time. Given the time period it's a chance for players on the fringes of first-team football to bed in and hit their prime hopefully catapulting their country to sporting greatness. 

Will England finally have a team to be proud of or will the usual suspects in Germany and Spain still rule the world? 

 

*Poll has been set up to reflect the ten teams that are currently in the Top 10 FIFA World Rankings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it won't be us (USA). Our best athletes still continue to play other sports like Basketball, football, baseball.

I would imagine the top 10, 10 years ago look very similar to what it does today outside of a few. So I'll say either Brazil, Germany, Spain, or Argentina

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I reckon Brazil.

Teams like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Spain and perhaps a couple of others all have better youth setups and better grass-roots than the likes of England. They're pretty much sorted for the foreseeable future because of the investment they've made for the young and very young players. 

Grassroots football in England still seems so dated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Impossible to predict. There are the usual countries that continue to produce top talents and always competing, and there are other countries that have a golden generation and tend to do well. 

Think France will be #1 by that time in my opinion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ubuntu said:

Well, it won't be us (USA). Our best athletes still continue to play other sports like Basketball, football, baseball.

I would imagine the top 10, 10 years ago look very similar to what it does today outside of a few. So I'll say either Brazil, Germany, Spain, or Argentina

Sorry but Baseball players are not athletes :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Asura said:

Sorry but Baseball players are not athletes :ph34r:

They are though, but I know there are some that don't seem like it. To lump them all into one group is unfair though. Look at Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Kris Bryant, Rizzo, Sale, and you can't they that they aren't athletes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ubuntu said:

They are though, but I know there are some that don't seem like it. To lump them all into one group is unfair though. Look at Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Kris Bryant, Rizzo, Sale, and you can't they that they aren't athletes. 

The problem with that comparison is theres still Prince Fielder type players in that sport, can you name another sport that has pro's in shape like that? hard to find anymore. Golf used to be but Tiger seemed to lead that revolution. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

The problem with that comparison is theres still Prince Fielder type players in that sport, can you name another sport that has pro's in shape like that? hard to find anymore. Golf used to be but Tiger seemed to lead that revolution. 

Easy, Darts, pool, bowling. 

Haha - Prince is overwieght, no doubt, but no one on this forum can hit the ball half as far as him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Netherlands - Reason why the top teams have very strong youth teams again, the structure of clubs have changed in quite quick fashion, the street footballers are back which made our talent famous in the past,  John Cruyff did a lot of work behind the scenes before he did pass away to set up something special and organised for the future. Also with his charity he has built football courts across the country to get people out again playing football.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

The Netherlands - Reason why the top teams have very strong youth teams again, the structure of clubs have changed in quite quick fashion, the street footballers are back which made our talent famous in the past,  John Cruyff did a lot of work behind the scenes before he did pass away to set up something special and organised for the future. Also with his charity he has built football courts across the country to get people out again playing football.     

Only to be defeated by us again. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Roberto Martinez is a shocking appointment as manager too. They'll probably qualify easy enough as the teams around them are much weaker but will fall short in the big games against good teams. I just can't see how Roberto is going to out-think the likes of Germany, Spain and Brazil when he failed to get a decent Everton team past the likes of West Ham and Hull City. 

 

That is Belgiums biggest weakness and it has been for some time, the coaching.  They have some good players but they do need tactics which has let them down massively in the past.   The current team remind me of the Dutch team of around 2002-2004 with good players but this very bad attitude and too many individuals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/03/2017 at 3:37 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

slightly unrelated to the topic but don't knock it, the pitchers are as skilled as any bowler in cricket and the batsmen likewise.

yeah skill is important to any sport, but that doesnt make them an athlete though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...