talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ellis Short Sells Sunderland to Former Eastleigh Owner Stewart Donald

football forum

Last weekend a mackem mate said he reckoned the club would be in Administration within 2 weeks. 

Today Micky Gray has tweeted that Sunderland are about to go into administration and then deleted his tweet.

If it happens it would also mean a 6 point deduction that would put them bottom of the league and 7 points adrift.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that car crash thread was classic. Too bad for you that you still think it hurts me. I just look back and laugh at myself. It's the right way of going about life :)

4 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Last weekend a mackem mate said he reckoned the club would be in Administration within 2 weeks. 

Today Micky Gray has tweeted that Sunderland are about to go into administration and then deleted his tweet.

If it happens it would also mean a 6 point deduction that would put them bottom of the league and 7 points adrift.

How would you feel if it comes true?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

The sheer idiocy of English clubs never fails to astonish.

It's hard to disagree. Find me another country where clubs can receive so much money for so little and still end up in the shit.

Sunderland are on their arse as a club. I think Bolton, Burton and Sunderland are your three going this year.

Being in administration was the worst and best time I ever had supporting my club. On one hand the connection between the players, the fans and the club was never stronger. Unlikely heroes emerged and everybody gave 100%. Give me the grit of players you'd be proud your children looking up to over the likes of Christian Benteke whose on a fortune and doesn't move any day of the week. I never felt so associated to my club, and I probably never will get that feeling again.

At the same the not knowing what was going to happen was soul destroying. Twice we avoided going bankrupt by the skin of our teeth. The thought of dropping down the football pyramid like a stone or having to restart again really frightened me. What we have achieved (up until the start of this season) since has been amazing but I accept I wouldn't deem this previous period as an exciting one if we suffered the same fate as Coventry or Portsmouth.

I wish the best for Sunderland. It wasn't their fans fault they were an unfashionable bottom half club. They're the ones that are being punished the most if the club goes in to administration. Not the players on a fortune who will find contracts elsewhere. A real sad state to be in.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's hard to disagree. Find me another country where clubs can receive so much money for so little and still end up in the shit.

Sunderland are on their arse as a club. I think Bolton, Burton and Sunderland are your three going this year.

I wouldn't write Barnsley out. There side was ripped to shreds this summer and with a managerial merry go round happening at some point you'd imagine their Manager will be looked at by somebody with a bigger budget.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I wouldn't write Barnsley out. There side was ripped to shreds this summer and with a managerial merry go round happening at some point you'd imagine their Manager will be looked at by somebody with a bigger budget.

Nor would I, I think the first two are bankers to go to be honest, Bolton are well under-prepared and Burton's lack of quality catching up with them I'd imagine. Sunderland though, haven't they lost six on the bounce now?

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

How would you feel if it comes true?

Wouldn't flinch. Wouldn't take any joy from it. Now that we are well ahead of them I do feel pity for their plight but I wouldn't feel any extra pity if they went into administration.

For most of my upbringing life wasn't about Newcastle v Sunderland. It was only in recent years when Mike Ashley dragged us down to their level that it became the pinnacle of football and the season.

They've been in a miserable state for 80-90% of the last 4 or 5 years. Whilst it feels good that we've turned the tables and the things we were being mocked for and goaded with have been destroyed I didn't want that to mean they'd break every bone in their body. 

There probably hasn't been a worse club in football to support than Sunderland when it comes to just the day to day living. They've had a few relegation survival ups that probably eclipse the boring dull emotionless memoryless state clubs like Stoke and West Brom are in every year. But they spend most of their season in despair. It's getting quite cruel now. I thought they'd at least get to celebrate some wins in the Championship. I obviously didn't want them to do as well as we just did but 1 win in 9, this is getting into human rights abuse territory.

It is September 24th and they havent won a single home game in 2017. That's not right. It shouldn't happen to any club.

I don't think some Sunderland fans might want Administration so they can get Ellis Short out.

Another club stifled by a terrible owner with little clear understanding of Football or how to run a Football Club.

Sunderland have been a car crash in slow motion for years now and it's now getting to the point of collision. As much as it was entertaining for neutrals watching Paolo Di Canio kneeslide at St James' or Dick Advocaat reduced to tears on the touchline, for majority of the past four or five years, maybe even longer, the way in which Sunderland have been run has been woeful both on the playing field and off it, too. 

There's rumblings of protests at Sunderland I was reading the other day against Ellis Short and I have to say, it's definitely for the best. 

As for administration, there were Orient fans praying for it last season when it looked unlikely that Francesco Becchetti had walked as it meant a clean break and though it's damaging towards the league table, especially as it's not even October and because of Sunderland's form. 

It's not nice to see any club in trouble, especially when it's down to the carelessness and stupidity of an owner, and I sincerely hope Sunderland fans in this difficult time can band together and find a way to raise publicity of their plight and highlight's Short's, the FA's and the Football League's failings further. 

• 4 months later...

Sunderland owner Ellis Short would be willing to listen to offers of around £50m for the struggling Championship club, Sky Sports News understands. 

The American is desperate to offload the Wearside club, who are second-bottom of the Championship table, and has been inviting offers for over a year.

He was involved in discussions over a £100m sale last summer that did not materialise, and beleaguered manager Chris Coleman admitted this week that Short had lost his passion for the game.

Half of what he wanted in the summer and I still reckon he will struggle to sell it.

On 21/02/2018 at 04:43, Cannabis said:

To think you could sign either Gylfi Sigurdsson or Sunderland AFC for £50 million. 

If you buy a club for 50m that has huge debts it hurts your balance sheet by more than the sale price

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting to see how this bloke does at Sunderland. It’s a big step up from a tiny town next to Southampton Airport that were playing county level football when he took over. 

He’s a sacking chairman, too. He’s been known to sack managers when the team are in the play-off’s because of the big expectations he placed on the club. 

Meeting a players wage demands at Sunderland is going to be a lot larger than that of an Eastleigh player so we should see how much money this bloke has by Sunderland’s summer business. 

7 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Interesting to see how this bloke does at Sunderland. It’s a big step up from a tiny town next to Southampton Airport that were playing county level football when he took over. 

He’s a sacking chairman, too. He’s been known to sack managers when the team are in the play-off’s because of the big expectations he placed on the club. 

Meeting a players wage demands at Sunderland is going to be a lot larger than that of an Eastleigh player so we should see how much money this bloke has by Sunderland’s summer business. 

From what Sky were reporting, Ellis Short was told to terminate Chris Coleman's contract to allow negotiations to continue xD

• The title was changed to Ellis Short Sells Sunderland to Former Eastleigh Owner Stewart Donald

Archived