talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 2 (Group H) - Tuesday 26th September, 2017

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Storts said:

Tries to give other people a chance, but ultimately he's the best striker in world football right now 

Not trying to bite or doubting you but are you serious with that or are you taking the piss?

Again, I'm not doubting you. You very well could be right. I've always rated him and with Suarez/Lewandowski not being as good as they were before, I was wondering.

The best strikers I've seen as of late are Timo Werner, Paolo Guerrero and Harry Kane. Timo Werner isn't there yet and Paolo Guerrero isn't as prolific goalscorer as Luis Suarez or Roberto Lewandowski which all need to be complete as you are in my opinion.

Actually, Karim Benzema is also up there. Worst of the Real Madrid XI but he's very good. Same issue as Guerrero though, always going to offer you link up play but not always goals.

Not seen Aguero this season to judge.

Here is the way I see it

Kane

As you all probably know, I highly rate the team Tottenham Hotspur team they have now. Dele Alli, Eriksen, and Lloris are all lovely players but Kane is the gem. Developed well and while I'm reserving judgment on who is the current best striker in the world, he's very well a great shout that hasn't been mentioned yet,

Suarez

Struggling for both Uruguay and Barcelona. Sure he still gets goals but with the service he gets there its no surprise to see him scoring. Based on what I've seen individuality he's not the best at the moment.

Benzema

Offers excellent link up play and is a very tactical player, but he lacks a goal sometimes and while he's underrated, he's not the best.

Guerrero

Once upon a time, Sebastian Vignolo said Paolo Guerrero is the best striker in the world (or one of) and we all thought it was bollocks. A year later, it turns out that he was right. I do think he gets overrated by some at times, but he is a world class striker (the only player we have who could compete at top teams). I wouldn't call him the best or even top 3 but he's up there. Its criminal that he's not in Europe.

Mertens

Not a natural 9 but I think he has to be considered among the top.

Not seen Aguero or Lewandowski this season.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Here is the way I see it

Kane

As you all probably know, I highly rate the team Tottenham Hotspur team they have now. Dele Alli, Eriksen, and Lloris are all lovely players but Kane is the gem. Developed well and while I'm reserving judgment on who is the current best striker in the world, he's very well a great shout that hasn't been mentioned yet,

Suarez

Struggling for both Uruguay and Barcelona. Sure he still gets goals but with the service he gets there its no surprise to see him scoring. Based on what I've seen individuality he's not the best at the moment.

Benzema

Offers excellent link up play and is a very tactical player, but he lacks a goal sometimes and while he's underrated, he's not the best.

Guerrero

Once upon a time, Sebastian Vignolo said Paolo Guerrero is the best striker in the world (or one of) and we all thought it was bollocks. A year later, it turns out that he was right. I do think he gets overrated by some at times, but he is a world class striker (the only player we have who could compete at top teams). I wouldn't call him the best or even top 3 but he's up there. Its criminal that he's not in Europe.

Mertens

Not a natural 9 but I think he has to be considered among the top.

Not seen Aguero or Lewandowski this season.

Kane is currently the best striker in the world. No need to make more of it then it should mate. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Kane is currently the best striker in the world. No need to make more of it then it should mate. 

Just giving my two cents on how the others are.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Guerrero

the last bit in bold contradicts the 2 that come before.

You say Vignolo was right but then say you wouldn't call him the best?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

the last bit in bold contradicts the 2 that come before.

You say Vignolo was right but then say you wouldn't call him the best?

Didn't know how to put it. What I meant was that he was half-right in my eyes.

Its unpopular in Europe but here in South America most people view him as the second best South American striker behind Suarez. I think he's great but I wouldn't put him above Aguero and maybe Falcao.

1 hour ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

kane is the best in the PL... until Zlatan comes back. 

You are joking. Kane scored 5 more goals overall last season, and if you take into account that 11 of Ibrahimovic's goals came against low standard opposition in the Europa League, he scored 17 goals in the Prem compared to Kane's 29. Even not taking age into account there isn't a manager in the world who'd want Zlatan over Kane.

The only striker he needs to prove he's better than in this league is Aguero.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived