talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 2 (Group B) - Wednesday 27th September, 2017

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Next your going to tell me theres a certain Peruvian CB that would be better then 80% of our CB's.

Don't really feel like picking out an argument but when your clubs stopped getting smashed in a European round of 16 maybe I'll talk there.

I'll say it again, all due respect. I just find it really overrated. Entertaining and fun league but in terms of standard its not better than the PL, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1.

• Subscriber
On 9/28/2017 at 9:11 AM, Blue said:

Don't really feel like picking out an argument but when your clubs stopped getting smashed in a European round of 16 maybe I'll talk there.

I'll say it again, all due respect. I just find it really overrated. Entertaining and fun league but in terms of standard its not better than the PL, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1.

We will massively disagree in that regard. Its insulting to say its a worse league then the Italian and French league tbh, not worth it. Carry on.

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Blue said:

16/17 Dortmund & Bayern got to QFs 
15/16 Bayern got to SFs - 
14/15 Bayern got to SFs - beat Juve in R16
13/14 Bayern got to SFs - beat Man Utd. 
12/13 Bayern vs Dortmund final - Bayern beat Juve, Barcelona; Dortmund beat Malaga, Real Madrid.
11/12 Bayern got to final - beating Marseille 4-0 and Real Madrid on aggregate 
10/11 Bayern in R16 - lost on aggregate; Schalke got to QFs beating Inter.
09/10 Bayern got to final - beat Man Utd on aggregate
08/09 Bayern got to QFs - beat Sporting Lisbon 12-1 aggregate
07/08 Schalke got to QFs 

stop chatting shit. 

Just now, Stan said:

16/17 Dortmund got to QFs 
15/16 Bayern got to SFs
14/15 Bayern got to SFs
13/14 Bayern got to SFs
12/13 Bayern vs Dortmund final
11/12 Bayern got to final
10/11 Bayern in R16 - lost on aggregate
09/10 Bayern got to final
08/09 Bayern got to QFs
07/08 Schalke got to QFs

stop chatting shit. 

9_9

Yeah, and all those times Schalke, Gladbach and even Bayern themselves got smashed by teams in better leagues. Seems only Dortmund go out with honour these days.

Oh and while the Europa league isn't anywhere near as relevant I haven't forgotten the Italian semi-finalists + Lyon last year.

Agree to disagree. My opinion. Move on.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

9_9

Yeah, and all those times Schalke, Gladbach and even Bayern themselves got smashed by teams in better leagues. Seems only Dortmund go out with honour these days.

Oh and while the Europa league isn't anywhere near as relevant I haven't forgotten the Italian semi-finalists + Lyon last year.

Agree to disagree. My opinion. Move on.

xD no. You said 'until your clubs stop getting smashed in round of 16'. Literally just disproved your argument in one post because not once have they been smashed in that round. Last 10 years, they haven't been 'smashed' in that round. 

Also, it's not like German teams are the only teams to get smashed in quarters or semi finals. Barcelona got humiliated by Bayern. Bayern embarrass Arsenal as standard. Bayern beat Marseille 4-0 on aggregate. 

The anomaly (which you'll cling on to no doubt) is that Leverkusen got thrashed by Barcelona in 2011/12 and PSG in 13/14. This doesn't demean the Bundesliga as a whole or mean it's overrated though!

'my opinion. move on'. well done. The right thing to do when you get proved wrong in a debate :)

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD no. You said 'until your clubs stop getting smashed in round of 16'. Literally just disproved your argument in one post because not once have they been smashed in that round. Last 10 years, they haven't been 'smashed' in that round. 

'my opinion. move on'. well done. The right thing to do when you get proved wrong in a debate :)

Well aside from the fact I was somewhat exagerrating as its literally happened at least once in most stages recently, you are actually wrong as Schalke lost 6-1 a few years back to Real Madrid at home in the round of 16. I could give more arguments but I'm a bit busy now and I'm literally only online for a distraction.

• Administrator

so in 10 years a German team (the same team on 2 occasions) has been thrashed in the round of 16 only 3 times? 

Face it, German league isn't as weak as you make it out to be. 

• Subscriber
On 9/28/2017 at 9:29 AM, Stan said:

16/17 Dortmund & Bayern got to QFs 
15/16 Bayern got to SFs - 
14/15 Bayern got to SFs - beat Juve in R16
13/14 Bayern got to SFs - beat Man Utd. 
12/13 Bayern vs Dortmund final - Bayern beat Juve, Barcelona; Dortmund beat Malaga, Real Madrid.
11/12 Bayern got to final - beating Marseille 4-0 and Real Madrid on aggregate 
10/11 Bayern in R16 - lost on aggregate; Schalke got to QFs beating Inter.
09/10 Bayern got to final - beat Man Utd on aggregate
08/09 Bayern got to QFs - beat Sporting Lisbon 12-1 aggregate
07/08 Schalke got to QFs 

stop chatting shit. 

Its not worth it mate, dont try to use logic! 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

so in 10 years a German team (the same team on 2 occasions) has been thrashed in the round of 16 only 3 times? 

Face it, German league isn't as weak as you make it out to be. 

The only thing I will face is that I'm not trying to argue.

I've had this opinion for the longest time and the result yesterday didn't help the case. 

Schalke has been smashed by Chelsea, Real, Gladbach has been smashed several times, Bayern has been smashed by the top top teams, Dortmund isn't the contending team everyone says they are.

I'm not talking facts, I'm talking opinions. Its a good league but for me its the worst of the 5.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

The only thing I will face is that I'm not trying to argue.

I've had this opinion for the longest time and the result yesterday didn't help the case. 

Schalke has been smashed by Chelsea, Real, Gladbach has been smashed several times, Bayern has been smashed by the top top teams, Dortmund isn't the contending team everyone says they are.

I'm not talking facts, I'm talking opinions. Its a good league but for me its the worst of the 5.

that's fair enough. You can have your opinion. But when it's based on the wrong information it weakens your opinion making it harder to justify :)

• The topic was unpinned

Archived