talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Fan TV

• Administrator

Claude's off 'indefinitely' after his 'DVD' comment towards Son.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53416498

Arsenal Fan TV has taken one of its pundits off the channel - after he made a racist comment about Tottenham striker Son Heung-min.

Claude Callegari called the Spurs player "DVD" towards the end of the Premier League defeat to their rivals on Sunday.

It's a reference to selling illegal discs, and has been used as a slur aimed at Asian footballers including Son in the past.

AFTV has over a million subscribers.

The YouTube channel posts live streams of fans watching games, as well as videos of supporters reacting to results.

There's no word on if Callegari will come back, with Lyle saying he was being taken off "indefinitely".

Claude and channel host Robbie Lyle initially posted a video trying to explain it as a comment mocking Tottenham - but Lyle now says he "sincerely" apologises and it's "only appropriate" Claude's removed.

In a thread of Tweets he also said sorry for the explanation video, which he said, "was a mistake and I can only apologise that we did not take responsibility for the comment sooner."

Lyle and Callegari had tried to argue the comment was about Tottenham making a DVD to remember the win.

But the shaving brand Harry's - one of their sponsors - posted on social media to say it wouldn't be working with them again.

A few hours later Lyle tweeted to say Claude was gone.

"As a channel that has millions of viewers around the world, I fully recognise the power that comments made by myself or people on our platform have," Lyle said.

"It is paramount that we do not allow comments of this nature to be made in any form."

Lyle also said he'd spoken to anti-racism charity Kick It Out - and Callegari would do an education programme "to understand the severity" of what he'd done.

Radio 1 Newsbeat has asked Claude Callegari for comment.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
Just now, Stan said:

Just read about that and what he did to his ex-partner. Horrible cunt.

Was always funny to laugh at back in the day (note the point laugh "at", not "with"). Seems that he's actually a right cunt though. 

Videos keep popping up of him being a massive dick, but yeah, madness.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Just read about that and what he did to his ex-partner. Horrible cunt.

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Is anyone surprised that an overly aggressive and abusive man is actually overly aggressive and abusive? 

What's mental is that over the years during his videos on AFTV, when Arsenal lost there was a common joke amongst the commenters in the comment section that felt sorry for DT's kids and missus as he will vent his frustration against them. 

Horrible twat. Knew there was something deeply wrong about him. 

Not really that surprised by him not being able to control his emotions, even outside of being an emotional football fan, but you'd think that with more of a public spotlight on him and supposedly more money from that spotlight that he wouldn't do something so stupid.

And a bit of a side point but what does the "Unduly Lenient Sentence" scheme mean for the judge that gave the original sentence? Trebling the sentence suggests the judge either really got it wrong or the Court Of Appeals really want to be harsh. Not sure I like the fact that a judge's sentence can be trebled on appeal. Either way, hopefully he gets some mental help while he's in there.

46 minutes ago, Rafa Beneathus said:

One of the shittest things about modern football is “Fan TV” like. Why give such embarrassing, attention craving, whopper cunts a platform to embarrass your football club? We have plenty of them too, sadly. Bunch of slack jawed pricks. 

In some ways, it’s just the moving with the time. Fanzines to websites/forums/blogs to podcasts to this. That said, these visual “representations” of fan culture and fan opinion works “best” through extreme actions and behaviours so they’re really the lowest form of fan opinion as there’s a layer of theatrics and acting needed for this sub-culture to thrive. There’s no views in an ordinary fan expressing their pretty commonly held opinion about a crap team performance and sighing and trotting off to the pub and the curry house after, is there? 

I’ve never watched any proper footage of Arsenal Fan TV and I can never stand the behaviour of these grown men acting by screaming and swearing and acting like fools so I don’t think I’ve ever managed to get beyond thirty seconds of their nonsense. It makes me cringe and if anything, a few years ago prior to Wenger going, I actively disliked it when Arsenal lost because I knew social media would be flooded with a 40 year old man shouting “wasteman” into a camera stood outside a football ground on a Saturday night, surrounded by teenage boys. 

I think this channel has some serious answers to the people that have been part of it over the years and the issues that have happened.  There have been 2 suicides with Heavy D and Claude, as well as Racist comments a number of times on the show that have been just brushed off until sponsors pulled out, severe bullying amongst members and now this with DT.   Rumours have been circulating around on social media for a few years about him abusing his partner at the time, even jokes have been made on live streams and other shows on the channel. 

Is this channel really fit now as it seems Robbie who owns the channel has made money from using mentally ill people and turning a blind eye to many things for his own gain and greed.

8 hours ago, Panna King said:

I think this channel has some serious answers to the people that have been part of it over the years and the issues that have happened.  There have been 2 suicides with Heavy D and Claude, as well as Racist comments a number of times on the show that have been just brushed off until sponsors pulled out, severe bullying amongst members and now this with DT.   Rumours have been circulating around on social media for a few years about him abusing his partner at the time, even jokes have been made on live streams and other shows on the channel. 

Is this channel really fit now as it seems Robbie who owns the channel has made money from using mentally ill people and turning a blind eye to many things for his own gain and greed.

Claude was suicide? That's sad.

I only watched a few of them but I liked his withering pessimism. 

• Administrator
12 hours ago, 6666 said:

Not really that surprised by him not being able to control his emotions, even outside of being an emotional football fan, but you'd think that with more of a public spotlight on him and supposedly more money from that spotlight that he wouldn't do something so stupid.

And a bit of a side point but what does the "Unduly Lenient Sentence" scheme mean for the judge that gave the original sentence? Trebling the sentence suggests the judge either really got it wrong or the Court Of Appeals really want to be harsh. Not sure I like the fact that a judge's sentence can be trebled on appeal. Either way, hopefully he gets some mental help while he's in there.

I wonder if the prosecution appealed the sentence given, and when it's reviewed it should have been higher? Unsure and is worth knowing that process and wondering why. 

Tbh I think it’s good that the channel can get rid of him, football culture on YouTube is generally great, light hearted with an element of people playing characters in the way wrestlers do to entertain. DT never really felt like he gave that impression, I remember a game against The United Stand getting called off cos he started a fight on someone stupid like the referee.

Hopefully the victim can rebuild her life now he’s been put away.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I wonder if the prosecution appealed the sentence given, and when it's reviewed it should have been higher? Unsure and is worth knowing that process and wondering why. 

That's exactly what would have happened. The CPS would write to the Attorney General appealing an Unduly Lenient sentence. He would then review the circumstances and consider taking it to the Court of Appeal. In this circumstance it appears he did and that's why the sentence got trebled.

I’ve just found out that he has his own football club, named DT FC, who actually groundshare at a ground about six miles away from me. They’ve “replaced” him as manager with some local lairy bellend who’s overly abusive and aggressive on social media. A like for like replacement, if you will. 

On 17/01/2022 at 15:14, Panna King said:

Bit harsh on Arsenal fans calling them all mentally ill

On 18/01/2022 at 01:14, Panna King said:

Neither of them were suicides, Weird thing to say they both died of natural causes.

19 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Neither of them were suicides, Weird thing to say they both died of natural causes.

Rumours at the time that they did take their own life so I have not followed it up since so can only say I had the wrong information. In any case they were both suffering from mental illness as it more published with Claude who tried to take his life a number of times.  Robbie exploited these types of people.

seeing that people in this forum actually respected DTs opinions back in the day, when 80% of the words that came out of his fat mouth were "blud" makes me sad. It really does. Has nothing to do with his behavior behind closed doors and everything to do with him clearly being an obese cretin. 

Archived