talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 2 (Group C) - Wednesday 27th September, 2017

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even more retarded. By that logic, Fellaini is better than Iniesta as the former is more complete. 

What it comes down to is the influence a player has on the team as well as consistency. And Kante's influence and consistency is something Pogba can only hope to obtaining. 

Kante didn't win the best player of the season (should of won it ahead of Mahrez the year before as well) because he's the best footballing midfielder, it's because his influence and consistency was valued the most and led both Leicester and Chelsea to league titles. 

You can put all the laughing emojis you want and look like a twat whilst failing to make any reasonable counter argument other than comparing apples to oranges, but at the end of the day, Kante > Pogba 

Not going to have a pop at the staff as I got a warning for some friendly criticism yesterday, I don't want to get banned.

I will however say that nothing has changed within the forum since I was forced to use the ignore function. I can post in peace finally, but every thread is still the same bollocks. About Peru being shit before to Chelsea-Kante being shit. Its incredible.

49 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Even more retarded. By that logic, Fellaini is better than Iniesta as the former is more complete. 

What it comes down to is the influence a player has on the team as well as consistency. And Kante's influence and consistency is something Pogba can only hope to obtaining. 

Kante didn't win the best player of the season (should of won it ahead of Mahrez the year before as well) because he's the best footballing midfielder, it's because his influence and consistency was valued the most and led both Leicester and Chelsea to league titles. 

You can put all the laughing emojis you want and look like a twat whilst failing to make any reasonable counter argument other than comparing apples to oranges, but at the end of the day, Kante > Pogba 

Damn Cicero, calm down... even Kante won't say he is better than Pogba, let's see how Kante does tonight :coffee:

Just now, robosys said:

Damn Cicero, calm down... even Kante won't say he is better than Pogba, let's see how Kante does tonight :coffee:

Its a matter of opinion mate. If he wants to believe Kante is better than Pogba, he can. He's giving him stick for turning every thread into the same bollocks though and I'm fully with Cicero.

My 2 cents now that I'm here: Pogba is a world class midfielder at his best, very complete as he showed Juve. I've not heard good things about him at United and have only seen him a few times last season but when he was at Juventus he was very much world class. I thought he warranted the 100M price tag actually, because of many factors in footballing terms. Paying that price is always risky though. Aside from being a flop and not taking the job seriously, there is also the possibility he could get a 10 month injury at the start of the season and that money goes out the window. 

Its part of the reason I try to take European football seriously but can't. Especially after the whole Neymar saga this winter (your summer). That move absolutely killed the market.

Kante said: 'It was amazing to have Mourinho call me, even though I'd been warned before how he would appeal to me.

'I listened to his arguments about why I should move to United. But at that time I was hesitant between staying at Leicester or leaving for Chelsea.

'My discussions with them were already well underway. But when I spoke, I had a good feeling with [Antonio] Conte.'

IMG_4961.thumb.JPG.2c9ed9c2adfa16c01a1a9fdb0f781b10.JPGIMG_4962.thumb.JPG.2592e7e742b18d19b9ab0ac2214e9703.JPG

Kante knew

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Group will probably will end up being determined on goal differential as well. Roma cocked up. 

went 2 up and started inviting pressure and got complacent for some reason. They could have been 4-0 up and controlled the game by half-time if they really tried but took their foot off the gas. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they got a rollocking at HT despite being 2-1 up and end up winning this by a bigger margin. 

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Its a matter of opinion mate. If he wants to believe Kante is better than Pogba, he can. He's giving him stick for turning every thread into the same bollocks though and I'm fully with Cicero.

My 2 cents now that I'm here: Pogba is a world class midfielder at his best, very complete as he showed Juve. I've not heard good things about him at United and have only seen him a few times last season but when he was at Juventus he was very much world class. I thought he warranted the 100M price tag actually, because of many factors in footballing terms. Paying that price is always risky though. Aside from being a flop and not taking the job seriously, there is also the possibility he could get a 10 month injury at the start of the season and that money goes out the window. 

Its part of the reason I try to take European football seriously but can't. Especially after the whole Neymar saga this winter (your summer). That move absolutely killed the market.

Well, he won UEL last season, if he were to win EPL this season and probably get to the last 4 or something in UCL, I would say that has been 2 successful seasons and would be a stepping stone for greater things, what he did at Juventus and how he played was really something else, his set piece accuracy, technical ability on the ball, composure etc, I haven't seen that with Kante, heck, it's like comparing Zidane to Makalele or Modric to Busquets, Kante is good but not better than Pogba because they play totally different roles when utilized properly and I would perfer a midfielder than can single handedly win a game ¬¬

Qarabag having a good go. Gonna watch athletico and chelsea tonight. Not sure if it will be a free flowing game but it should be a very tecknical game between 2 top ten European sides.

4 minutes ago, robosys said:

Well, he won UEL last season, if he were to win EPL this season and probably get to the last 4 or something in UCL, I would say that has been 2 successful seasons and would be a stepping stone for greater things, what he did at Juventus and how he played was really something else, his set piece accuracy, technical ability on the ball, composure etc, I haven't seen that with Kante, heck, it's like comparing Zidane to Makalele or Modric to Busquets, Kante is good but not better than Pogba because they play totally different roles when utilized properly and I would perfer a midfielder than can single handedly win a game ¬¬

I don't know if you can compare to be honest. Its like comparing Higuain to Paolo Guerrero. Guerrero is more complete than Higuain and does more around the pitch to support the other forwards and creative midfielders, but Gonzalo Higuain serves a completely different role and that is to have the ball at the back of the net at all costs. I see it a bit like that. Kante and Pogba serve different roles so its not easy to compare.

I fully agree on the Juventus bit. He was one of the best central midfielders in the world there. I see the Premier League as a bit of a clown show these days though.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't know if you can compare to be honest. Its like comparing Higuain to Paolo Guerrero. Guerrero is more complete than Higuain and does more around the pitch to support the other forwards and creative midfielders, but Gonzalo Higuain serves a completely different role and that is to have the ball at the back of the net at all costs. I see it a bit like that. Kante and Pogba serve different roles so its not easy to compare.

I fully agree on the Juventus bit. He was one of the best central midfielders in the world there. I see the Premier League as a bit of a clown show these days though.

didn't realise you watched so much of it cos most topics you say that you haven't seen much of 'X' team this season etc. 

Just now, Stan said:

didn't realise you watched so much of it cos most topics you say that you haven't seen much of 'X' team this season etc. 

I said I watch a few games here and there. This year I've only seen the Watford games but just some of the things the clubs do make me think "what are they encouraging, motivating here"? I think that celebration of the season award at Manchester United last season was a perfect example.

For years though, most PL clubs have been awful at recruiting. I'd say since Pep stepped in City have been the most intelligent. I keep up with news and again watch it here and there so I'm no expert but part of the reason I don't watch it is because I can't take it seriously.

Not a pop at you or any of the Leicester fans here, but its true that the top teams weren't great in that year you lot won the title. That's not to take away that you did excellently in taking advantage, but I can't see a team like Koln or Atalanta winning the title over a Juve or a Bayern per se.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived