talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday 2 (Group C) - Wednesday 27th September, 2017

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Luis Suarez said:

Has David Luiz EVER been a good defender at any point in his career? I mean, honestly. Never ever rated him as a defender.

The nutmegs that "I" did on him en route -> beautiful goals when he was with PSG sticks out in my memory.

Yes. He, like Bonucci is actually mediocre when it comes to 'old school defending' but is a fantastic 'ball playing defender'. I know it is just semantics but they both shine in a three player defence and struggle out of it. If you want proof compare Bonucci at Juve (with Chielini and Barzagli) to Bonucci at A.C. Milan.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

well-deserved goal, Chelsea has been the better team. i dont see them winning vs citeh though

I do. Chelsea can grind out results. Man city have to be playing well to win. Tactically conte is miles ahead of pep I think

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Amazing result for Chelsea.  If someone had told me it would end like this I wouldn't have believed them at Atlético's ground.  This will give Chelsea no end of confidence because that's no mickey mouse result.

That is what a manager like Conte does. Maybe the Atleti lads are beginning to take Simeone for granted, they aren't as brutally intense as they were in seasons past.

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Class performance from us, Atleti were poor to say the least but take nothing away from us tonight, Conte tactically spot on.

However I do reckon that shirt pulling from Luiz may be an 'Italian oversight' from Conte. :ph34r:

Our best performance in years by a long shot. Kante + Bakayoko ran the fucking show. 

Would of been absolutely criminal to not get any points out of this game the way we played tonight. Team as a whole deserves recognition, but a special mention to Azpilicueta, who was undoubtedly world class tonight. 

Morata decisive, Batshuayi with another big moment, and Hazard mugging off the Atletico players to cap off a wonderful performance. Conte yet again showing his brilliance. 

What a send off for 'Im treated like a criminal" Diego.  Reaction was priceless. :hh:

7 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Atletico 3-1 Chelsea 

6 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

well-deserved goal, Chelsea has been the better team. i dont see them winning vs citeh though

In the words of Lord Blake, 3rd of his name, fuck off you twatic mong. 

Just now, Spike said:

That is what a manager like Conte does. Maybe the Atleti lads are beginning to take Simeone for granted, they aren't as brutally intense as they were in seasons past.

Taking Simeone for granted is a fantasy many players probably dream about doing at night when they go to sleep.  Then they wake up!

Nah...  Chelsea played better and Simeone will know this.  He will organise the team in a different manner for the return leg but fundamentally due to his pragmatic outlook in life he'll just concentrate on the next game and forget this ever happened.

Atleti have one of the best sides in Europe and they'll be in there towards the end.  What THIS has done is filled the Chelsea players full of confidence because they know that winning at away to Atlético Madrid is today one of the big victories in European football.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Taking Simeone for granted is a fantasy many players probably dream about doing at night when they go to sleep.  Then they wake up!

Nah...  Chelsea played better and Simeone will know this.  He will organise the team in a different manner for the return leg but fundamentally due to his pragmatic outlook in life he'll just concentrate on the next game and forget this ever happened.

Atleti have one of the best sides in Europe and they'll be in there towards the end.  What THIS has done is filled the Chelsea players full of confidence because they know that winning at away to Atlético Madrid is today one of the big victories in European football.

Yeah mate, I haven't seen a worse performance from them in Europe in ages, got to be one of the worst they've given. Like I said though, unlike against Arsenal we were perfect in every department tonight. Conte has got one over Simeone here but it's early days and we're still a inexperienced side in comparison. To have been in that away end tonight!

5 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah mate, I haven't seen a worse performance from them in Europe in ages, got to be one of the worst they've given. Like I said though, unlike against Arsenal we were perfect in every department tonight. Conte has got one over Simeone here but it's early days and we're still a inexperienced side in comparison. To have been in that away end tonight!

I don't think it was such a bad performance from them.  Saying that (in any game) takes away credit from the winning side.  It wasn't a vintage performance from them for sure but those kind of games come along rarely.  Put it this way...  Away to Roma they played one of the best games I've seen them play in the Simeone era and that's saying a lot.  They somehow only managed the draw when that should've been a total destruction in the Eternal City.

Chelsea were just tactically superior and against Simeone you rarely outplay his side...  To beat him you do it on the black board (are you still allowed to say that?).  Conte is made for games and nights like these as is Simeone...  It's going to be an interesting fight in this group and none of the other groups will want to be paired up with either first or second from you lot.

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Game management from Conte was class, moving Luiz to midfield for example had a bigger impact than people realise. 

Torres tonight just reminded me the frustration he used to cause. Was useless for Atletico

33 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Debatable, to me its:

Mou

pep

conte 

Mou and Pep are great, but Conte to me is the best. He makes any team better, despite not having the players of his desire at his disposal.

He made a terrible Italy squad look really good at the Euro, at Chelsea once again he doesn´t have all players he wants, but he finds ways to make the team competitive. I think the best example was Victor Moses last season, he was written off by many as a player capable of being useful in a big club, but Conte gave him confidence and he paid him back with consistent perfomances during the title campaign. Also, people forget that Juventus was still reeling from the relegation when he arrived. He took them to another level.

As good as Pep is, I think he is too radical at times. It is all or nothing. He doesn´t commit or adapt to the players he has on his hands, a bit like Marcelo Bielsa on that aspect. Conte on the other hand has that italian pragmatism, which ensures he succeeds with different squads. 

To me it is: 

Conte 

Pep 

Mou

Simeone

Jardim

• The topic was unpinned

Archived