Swindon vs Coventry
Wycombe vs Crewe

Wednesday 27th September, 2017
Birmingham vs Sheff Weds
Sheff Utd vs Wolves

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby at home, under the lights after our first win of the season. With the way we've played all season and now finally getting a win as well as 3 screamers in one game I've gotta fancy us to win. I feel like we may lose or draw, that typical Brentford reaction, but with the way everyone's playing at the moment we've gotta be beating Derby.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Not enthusiastic at all, Just want Bruce out despite the wins. It's pure luck at this point and a decent squad being able to beat poor opposition, we'll get spanked by a decent side because his in game management is piss poor. 

I don't get why he's doing so badly with you after the relative success he had with Hull in the Championship.

Cardiff away. We used to always lose here. The tide has turned a little the last couple years but still a difficult place for us to go as they don't like us getting one over them. 

It will be interesting to see how we line up for this and whether we go there to attack as we have been or try and be a bit more conservative. Right now, we've only played one way and whilst it's been exciting to see, Ipswich we're exposing us a little Saturday.

Not a fan of Warnock at all so hoping he's not smiling at full time that's for sure. Would probably take a draw although it's well within us to win there also.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Cardiff away. We used to always lose here. The tide has turned a little the last couple years but still a difficult place for us to go as they don't like us getting one over them. 

It will be interesting to see how we line up for this and whether we go there to attack as we have been or try and be a bit more conservative. Right now, we've only played one way and whilst it's been exciting to see, Ipswich we're exposing us a little Saturday.

Not a fan of Warnock at all so hoping he's not smiling at full time that's for sure. Would probably take a draw although it's well within us to win there also.

Hi Lucas. ^_^

1 hour ago, StefBWFC said:

Last time we played at Ashton Gate, we received the dry-bumming of our lives; a quite astonishing 6-0 defeat.

With this group of pub-league players, what score are we going for this time, Len?

Len-Goodman.jpg

What did you make of our game mate?

18 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hiya xD

This feels like a big game again. It's lost it's edge the past few seasons I think but it's got the vibe back of being a really edgy game.

Definitely. Both of our clubs seem to have a good vibe back (yours with last season and how you started this season and us with Warnock) so hoping for a good atmosphere tonight (we've apparently sold around 25,000 for tonight and I assume your lot will have sold out, even in midweek and the distance).

All I can say is good luck and may the best Welsh team win. 

Interesting team new from us.

O'Kane missing is huge, he's ill. Going to miss him tonight. Saiz and Lasogga on the bench, presumably rested with the Wednesday game in mind Sunday.

Pontus Jansson and Berardi in in defence.

Remains to be seen whether TC choosing to rest players works a treat or is a major fuck up. Really disappointed Saiz isn't playing as he's been something else but here's hoping those coming in do us proud. We can't rely on the same players after all...

• Administrator

Half hour gone and Cardiff take the lead against Leeds. Kenneth Zohore with the goal. Puts them top as it stands. 

Ipswich also beating Sunderand 2-1 to put more pressure on Grayson. 

Can't complain at all. Started a little slow but got into the game as the half wore on.

Whoever the stupid twat was that lunged at Mendez-Laing at the end the first half needs an absolute hiding. Already on a yellow and then you do that (Not that I'm complaining mind).

Leeds haven't done much so far but I can see how they're joint top so far. Can't sit back for the second half.

• Administrator

Terrible times for Bolton. 6th loss in a row?

Big wins for Vill away at Burton, Preston away at hull, Ipswich at home to Sunderland and especially Cardiff bagging 3 points over Leeds. Strong Fulham performance away at Forest aswell. 

Well that was gash. Congratulations @Bluebird Hewitt, you deserved it.

1. Badly missed O'Kane. He is the link between defence and attack. Klich looked absolutely lost in that role summed up by his carelessness giving the ball away for the first goal which changed the game.

2. We made too many changes. I get why TC did this given how many games we've had this month but this was not the game to take that chance. Lasogga and Saiz should have played. We looked less potent in attack as a result.

3. Didn't think Cardiff were anything special, there were long periods where we had nearly 60% of the ball but we really didn't look threatening. Cardiff were efficient in the final third of the pitch where it counts. They deserved the three points tonight but the game did massively swing from a pretty mundane affair with that massive mistake by us. Thought Cardiff's other two goals were decent.

4. It's the second defeat of the season against a side that has bullied us and been a bit more direct. Clearly, we are going to have to learn and get to grips that we cannot play the same way all the time and need to be adaptable to the different kind of opponent we face.

5. No idea what planet Liam Cooper was on tonight but it wasn't Earth. Could have had two Red Cards let alone one. Miles away from winning the ball. He has been decent up to tonight so I can excuse this 'mare.

6. Very underwhelmed with how quiet and dead the atmosphere seemed tonight. Felt more like 12th was playing 14th than 1st v 3rd. I know we sung all second half but even first half at 0-0, we were spookily quiet. Cardiff fans I expected to be bouncing and raising the volume more.

7. Have to hand it to Warnock. He's beaten us in his last four games against us. Not his greatest fan but you can't knock him, he get's his teams to play to their strengths and makes them a tough nut to break. Cardiff were pretty comfortable tonight.

That's pretty much us in a nutshell. We aren't pretty, we won't dominate possession and we will be direct (or attack with pace). However, we will be difficult to break down, we will be rough and will fight until the final whistle goes (Well, except Preston away).

Bamba was man of the match for me tonight. Thought he was superb tonight. Was great to see Zohore's name on the scoresheet as well. Hopefully this'll give him extra confidence in front of goal. Despite not needing to do much, Etheridge did well when Leeds broke through our defence for both shots. Couldn't do anything for Leeds goal.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived