talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

After creating the 'Your Club's greatest XI' thread, reminded me the one thing I hate about FIFA.  They took away online unranked matches. 

Used to create an all Chelsea legends team and play people online. Probably the funnest experience in FIFA i've ever had online. Think they took it away in FIFA 14 

• Subscriber

Got bored of the prospect of saving up 400k coins for new players for my La Liga team so made a Premier League squad out of spare players from packs and anyone I could buy for 350 or 400 coins.

3-5-2 formation.

GK - Gomes, Krul

CB - Ogbonna, Francis, Collins, Cook, Dragovic, Jorgensen

CDM - Fer, Carrick, Obiang, Milivojevic 

RM - Carrillo, Dyer

LM - Jesé, Rodriguez

CAM - Noble, Cleverley

ST - Defoe, Okazaki, Niasse, Joselu

Love it.

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

One of the more famous FIFA YouTubers. I'm not overreacting when I say people like him have ruined the franchise, putting hundreds of pounds into the game weekly has led to this Ultimate Team pay-to-win culture. 

None of them are any good or MLG either, they just have the best teams from YouTube funding.

Firstly, I thought FUT was effectively pay to win anyway (unless you grind the coins forever and a day to get packs that are fully randomised anyway).

Secondly, why the fuck would anyone pay hundreds of pounds A WEEK for a bunch of virtual player cards?

It's no wonder EA are laughing all the way to the bank and the games industry is turning to shit with plenty of gullible wankstains pissing stupid amounts of money down the drain.

• Subscriber

Games with micro transactions like this are becoming a serious problem for some people and will be getting investigated at some point soon I'm sure.

I have limited sympathy though for people who spend £80 on FIFA points to have a chance of getting players who are only slightly better than the ones you can get with a bit of grinding when the game itself costs £50 in the first place.

Utter madness.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Games with micro transactions like this are becoming a serious problem for some people and will be getting investigated at some point soon I'm sure.

I have limited sympathy though for people who spend £80 on FIFA points to have a chance of getting players who are only slightly better than the ones you can get with a bit of grinding when the game itself costs £50 in the first place.

Utter madness.

The worst part is that all the money spent is pretty much pointless once the next annual copy is on sale.

Well currently starting my second season with Dortmund. I joined them in the February of last season from Gremio after building a nice wee side there for a year and a half. 

Here's my current team. Try to keep it quite realistic, buying players that I think Dortmund could attract. 

Dragowski

Toljan - Akanji - Gnagnon - Sessengon

Weigl    -    Dahoud 

Pulisic    -      Gotze       -     Guedes 

Plea 

Subs: St.Juste, Passlack, Sabin, G.Fernandes, Phillip, Sancho, Isak 

@Cannabis

Pulisic is a killer, so are Weigl and Dahoud. Yeah, Dragowski is still class and still very cheap considering how quick he develops. Leandrinho from Napoli is another with massive potential. Gnagnon from Rennes is a bargain, as well as Diop from Toulouse & another to look at is Saint-Maximin from Nice. 

I like keeping it realistic. Being Real with the best team in the world is just too easy. And while I definitely have a handful of monsters in my Dortmund squad, the challenge to compete on all fronts is there. 

Edited by FOYM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked up my career with Tottenham again. Since I had a lot of options on the midfield I decided to take up Barcelona's offer of like 100 million for Dele Alli and use the money to get Ousmane Dembélé from them and solve my problem on the right attacking wing. I play with 4-3-3 and previously I only had Sissoko or a dysfunctional Harry Kane for that position, which was a real problem as 80% of my attacks go over the flanks. Now with the Dembélé, the goals and assists keep flying in. Also got Virgil van Dijk because HYPE and because Vertonghen is starting to age.

Current starting 11:

-------------------Draxler--------------------Kane--------------------Dembélé---------------------

-----------------------------Son-------------------------------Eriksen------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Dier--------------------------------------------------------

---------Alaba-------------------Van Dijk---------------Sánchez------------------Aurier--------

-------------------------------------------------Courtois----------------------------------------------------

Oddly enough, Son is the current league top scorer with like 21 goals in 24 EPL matches. Kane is stuck at an abysmal 6.

Edited by Panflute

14 minutes ago, Panflute said:

Picked up my career with Tottenham again. Since I had a lot of options on the midfield I decided to take up Barcelona's offer of like 100 million for Dele Alli and use the money to get Ousmane Dembélé from them and solve my problem on the right attacking wing. I play with 4-3-3 and previously I only had Sissoko or a dysfunctional Harry Kane for that position, which was a real problem as 80% of my attacks go over the flanks. Now with the Dembélé, the goals and assists keep flying in. Also got Virgil van Dijk because HYPE and because Vertonghen is starting to age.

Current starting 11:

-------------------Draxler--------------------Kane--------------------Dembélé---------------------

-----------------------------Son-------------------------------Eriksen------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------Dier--------------------------------------------------------

---------Alaba-------------------Van Dijk---------------Sánchez------------------Aurier--------

-------------------------------------------------Courtois----------------------------------------------------

Oddly enough, Son is the current league top scorer with like 21 goals in 24 EPL matches. Kane is stuck at an abysmal 6.

Dembélé is immense on this game once he grows to his full potential. Unstoppable.

14 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Dembélé is immense on this game once he grows to his full potential. Unstoppable.

Yeah, I now deploy him like Robben in his prime: starting on the right wing with a fair amount of freedom so he can either cross, or run into the box and shoot on goal with his left. If the shot is not blocked, the goalkeeper often has no chance.

You lot really need to try starting a team full of youth players and scouted future stars from the catalogue. It really is rewarding. Start from the bottom and grow them into world beaters. 

For the criteria of youth players when you send your scout out, for midfielders make sure it is for 'technically gifted'. The football I have been playing has been the best in any FIFA franchise. Into my 4th season with Sampdoria and my squad looks like this. 

Amante (83)

Biviano (81)---------------------------De Nucci (80)

Torreira (85)-------------Alonso (79)

Ferrari (82)

Saraachi (84)---Ricci (88)---Mammana (84)---Rizzo (77)

Leno (88) 

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You lot really need to try starting a team full of youth players and scouted future stars from the catalogue. It really is rewarding. Start from the bottom and grow them into world beaters. 

For the criteria of youth players when you send your scout out, for midfielders make sure it is for 'technically gifted'. The football I have been playing has been the best in any FIFA franchise. Into my 4th season with Sampdoria and my squad looks like this. 

Amante (83)

Biviano (81)---------------------------De Nucci (80)

Torreira (85)-------------Alonso (79)

Ferrari (82)

Saraachi (84)---Ricci (88)---Mammana (84)---Rizzo (77)

Leno (88) 

:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Ultimate Team really is the biggest pile of AIDs in the history of gaming. Online is full of enough horse shit but even offline modes now are riddled with cheating AI and the game "switching off" your defenders to concede a goal in the last minute.

It's a shame I enjoy building squads and doing the squad building challenges for packs so much. Says it all that the actual playing matches part is a chore.

Hilarious how EA deny that the gameplay is any different in Ultimate Team than Career mode or anything like that and some melts actually believe them.

On 23/4/2018 at 16:41, RandoEFC said:

Ultimate Team really is the biggest pile of AIDs in the history of gaming. Online is full of enough horse shit but even offline modes now are riddled with cheating AI and the game "switching off" your defenders to concede a goal in the last minute.

It's a shame I enjoy building squads and doing the squad building challenges for packs so much. Says it all that the actual playing matches part is a chore.

Hilarious how EA deny that the gameplay is any different in Ultimate Team than Career mode or anything like that and some melts actually believe them.

On 23/4/2018 at 16:47, Cannabis said:

Ultimate Team is so fixed it's laughable. I don't think I've played a game since mid-February. I just play with mates now, Ultimate Team is absolute thunderAIDS and Career Mode is just broken.

I literally just went back on Ultimate Team for the first time in ages today. I turned it off after 3 and don't plan to go back to it.

First game was ultra laggy, to the point where it was unplayable. I couldn't defend properly and didn't know how the reactions would go given how slow the game was, so it was impossible to play properly and if I lost, I would have gotten relegated. Guess what, 6-0 loss before I rage quit.

Second game was fine but some of the passing in this game is shocking. I pass to one player and the game decides to pass to another.

Third game was the same story but it was 0-0 and I quit at half time because I was shocked at how terrible the game was.

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).