talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

On 14/05/2020 at 13:45, Cicero said:

On FIFA 18 I demoted Sampdoria to Serie C, sold everyone and had my scout find 17 year old academy players (so they can sign a contract and play) with an 85+ potential and fielded an entire XI with them. Also bought the 'find potential star' every season and put him in the XI. 

I've played Fifa since maybe 04 and that was bar none the most fun I've had in a career mode. 

Mine was taking Morecambe to being treble winners from league 2.

I know @JOSHBRFC used to do the same with Accy Stanley.

I can never be arsed though these days due to the effort. But it's fun taking the smallest clubs to being the best in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

EA Execs: We need to clamp down on toxicity in our FIFA community. What is the best way to do this? 

Employee A: Why don't we hire more people and use more sophisticated software to ban cheaters and those who cause issues within the community. 

EA Execs: Costs too much money to implement

Executive A: But we make loads a year

EA Execs: Nah, too costly. Also, you've just been made redundant as we haven't made enough money. Goodbye. 

* Executive A gets booted out the door *

EA Execs: Next suggestion

Executive B: What about making Ultimate Team and online modes more gamer friendly and having less need to spend mon-? 

EA Execs: Send in ED-209

* Executive B gets shot to shit *

EA Execs: Soft twat wanted us to stop making a fuck load from children gambling our surprise mechanics. What a stupid cunt. Next suggestion

Executive C: *Nervously* What about....... removing......... the.......... shush.......... celebration? 

EA Execs: What a fucking great idea. We can do this and show that we care about the community while actually doing fuck all about it and continuing child gambling the surprise mechanics. Let's do it!!!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-04-ea-tackles-fifa-21-toxicity-by-pulling-one-of-the-most-annoying-celebrations-in-the-game

Pathetic. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• 1 month later...

I developed a very strong FUT side on FiFA20 (for me anyway 91/92 rated with 100 Chem) while spending nothing. It was my second time playing FUT but I ended up a little bored of it. Decided to smash out career mode for a while, which was okay, but could improve. I haven’t played for at least a month or two. Normally I preorder FIFA but not sure what to do this time round. 

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

I developed a very strong FUT side on FiFA20 (for me anyway 91/92 rated with 100 Chem) while spending nothing. It was my second time playing FUT but I ended up a little bored of it. Decided to smash out career mode for a while, which was okay, but could improve. I haven’t played for at least a month or two. Normally I preorder FIFA but not sure what to do this time round. 

Get your FIFA 20 box, change the '0' to '1' and there you go. FIFA 21 is yours without the need to spend $6493626 Aussie dollars. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Started Ultimate team yesterday after a 3 year break. Apparently it’s easy now for players to rack up coins and earn rewards to get good players. Been doing squad battles for the time being until I have a respectable team going into division rivals 

B93D528E-B03F-410F-81A4-BDE49B0DA2EB.jpeg

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Danny said:

Wow. Gameplay is genuinely horrific. Spoke to someone who reckons it’s the worst FIFA to be released in a while and I’m inclined to agree, could write a list as long as my arm about the in game issues.

it's not great. There's loads of little issues with it as you say that for a game as big as FIFA shouldn't even have. 

• Subscriber

Just finishing the full download because it's half term and I'm bored. Probably going to play a bit of Ultimate Team but mostly just squad battles and not much online because I enjoy the collecting players aspect of the game mode but I have an awful combination of being too competitive to accept defeat whilst also not wanting to become the sweaty bastard you need to be to prevent that failure. Needless to say the RNG and bullshit game mechanics of FIFA bring out the worst in me as a gamer. 

I played a couple of the friendly games against the AI earlier while the rest of the content finishes downloading, I didn't mind the gameplay to be honest.

Defending against the AI I’ve finally figured out. Never control your CB’s when defending. If the AI tries to play wide and either attack the full back or deliver a cross, control a midfielder to defend inside the box to prevent either of that happening. Breaking them on the counter is their weakness 

Edited by Cicero

21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I must say I've enjoyed this version so far. The AI is clearly set for late drama but other than that its been a good game.

Surprised at that tbh, so much wrong with in game play. Changing players to who you want is impossible, if you get caught on a counter and have multiple defenders it will never change to who you want it, when that happens they skip past you

16 minutes ago, Danny said:

Surprised at that tbh, so much wrong with in game play. Changing players to who you want is impossible, if you get caught on a counter and have multiple defenders it will never change to who you want it, when that happens they skip past you

I've had that problem at times but its no where near as frequent as it was on the last game. Id go as far as saying the last Fifa was the worst Fifa I've ever played. Which is bizarre given they should be making the most out of the potential of the current consoles.

• Subscriber

Definitely agree about the pace aspect. I've started a Career Mode with Chicago Fire in the MLS. First couple of games were tough but got a few points. Then I bought Eddie Nketiah from Arsenal and he's scored 3 hattricks in 3 games solely because of his pace.

One grievance with FIFA21 is the fucking training in Career Mode. Hate it.

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Champions League freezes and restarts after GW2 on my game. Another issue I imagine they won't resolve as it doesn't make them FUT money.

What a bloody joke, thought that one was just me when I played it the other day. It's not fixed in the latest update for PC so it'll be a while if they do!

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).