talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested, EA are giving out a David Beckham card for Ultimate Team on FIFA 21 when you play between 15th December to 15th January. Except on Switch as EA couldn't care less about that. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-11-19-ea-is-giving-fifa-21-ultimate-team-players-a-free-david-beckham-icon-card-except-on-nintendo-switch

I genuinely regret spending money on this, the tackling is just terrible. Slow and ineffective, tell me how I can put 4-5 past the computer every game whilst counter attacking and concede a shitload at the same time. I’m not going all out attack, I’m hitting them on the break with 2-3 players. It’s just so bad, like refund level bad. I’d just prefer FIFA20 with a kit/player update

Hows PES this year?

1 hour ago, Danny said:

I genuinely regret spending money on this, the tackling is just terrible. Slow and ineffective, tell me how I can put 4-5 past the computer every game whilst counter attacking and concede a shitload at the same time. I’m not going all out attack, I’m hitting them on the break with 2-3 players. It’s just so bad, like refund level bad. I’d just prefer FIFA20 with a kit/player update

Hows PES this year?

PES is basically a minor upgrade form what I read, though they haven't had the cheeky to charge full price for it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I've got to vent.

I love N'Golo Kante as much as the next man. He's a wicked little player and I rate his work ethic.

I was thrilled when I packed him in an untradeable two player pack around a month ago. What I didn't anticipate was that I'd pack him again in my next untradeable pack. Fortunately he was the UCL version so I could put him into a suitable SBC. A couple of weeks ago when they released the Black Friday promo with the Best of TOTW from last Tuesday to last Friday, I was over the moon when I got a walk-out in-form in another untradeable pack. Could it be Messi? CR7? Rashford? Nope. See the French flag. I think Mbappe. See CDM. Pray that I've got the flares wrong and that it was an Icon. Nope. Chelsea badge. In-form N'Golo Kante. I was genuinely baffled and quite upset at the fact I'd now packed him untradeable three times in the space of two weeks, and untradeable at that. For a player who still sells for 400K coins, and as someone who doesn't put any money into the game, he'd be golden if I could sell him. Alas, I reluctantly put his gold card into an SBC and have been using his in-form for a week and a bit.

I went on this morning. I've been busy all week and got Rank 2 Division Rivals rewards. Got nothing in the packs, so put the common golds into their current Three Player Pick SBC. Did the first one and they were all duplicates. The same with the second. In the final one before I came off, I got N'Golo fucking Kante.

I've actually broken my controller. Fuck Fifa. xD:shutup:

Edited by Robbie
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Robbie said:

Right, I've got to vent.

I love N'Golo Kante as much as the next man. He's a wicked little player and I rate his work ethic.

I was thrilled when I packed him in an untradeable two player pack around a month ago. What I didn't anticipate was that I'd pack him again in my next untradeable pack. Fortunately he was the UCL version so I could put him into a suitable SBC. A couple of weeks ago when they released the Black Friday promo with the Best of TOTW from last Tuesday to last Friday, I was over the moon when I got a walk-out in-form in another untradeable pack. Could it be Messi? CR7? Rashford? Nope. See the French flag. I think Mbappe. See CDM. Pray that I've got the flares wrong and that it was an Icon. Nope. Chelsea badge. In-form N'Golo Kante. I was genuinely baffled and quite upset at the fact I'd now packed him untradeable three times in the space of two weeks, and untradeable at that. For a player who still sells for 400K coins, and as someone who doesn't put any money into the game, he'd be golden if I could sell him. Alas, I reluctantly put his gold card into an SBC and have been using his in-form for a week and a bit.

I went on this morning. I've been busy all week and got Rank 2 Division Rivals rewards. Got nothing in the packs, so put the common golds into their current Three Player Pick SBC. Did the first one and they were all duplicates. The same with the second. In the final one before I came off, I got N'Golo fucking Kante.

I've actually broken my controller. Fuck Fifa. xD:shutup:

That was a rollercoaster ride of emotion!

13 hours ago, Pyfish said:

That was a rollercoaster ride of emotion!

It's genuinely upsetting. Makes me scream inside and it's only a game. I've put him to good use in the new Immobile SBC but still, would've rather it had been someone I needed and wanted in my club. xD

Edited by Robbie

• Subscriber

Only really got into it recently. I had no interest in Ultimate Team this year but I've been playing two player with my housemate on his account and it's pretty fun. Once you get good enough at not going for the same balls it feels like a bit of an unfair advantage actually.

The game is pretty rubbish though. It's far too easy to just spam massive through balls to players with average stats but great pace and they just always score because of the broken goalkeepers and often because of the broken skill moves. It's fun to play two player but I've had a go at a few games on my own and it really isn't fun in that scenario. It's the same old broken FIFA meta of finding the players with elite pace and skill moves and decent enough other stats that make them unstoppable overall, and the gameplay being wildly inconsistent on top of that. Then you occasionally come up against players who have icons in their side and your players start behaving completely differently because they have to reward the other guy for having icons, but they're too lazy to design a game where having better stats (aside from pace) actually opens up more options for what you can do with the player.

Still, the SBCs and opening packs is still a bit of fun as long as you don't lose your head and spend real money on it.

Basically the same old FIFA. I haven't bothered with career mode or anything outside of Ultimate Team again probably unless they introduce some sort of difficulty slider or dynamic difficulty that gives you a sensible level of challenge. Even with seven levels of difficulty, the majority of players won't be able to find one that suits them. It took the F1 series about 15 years to fix this, hopefully FIFA will eventually do the same. Last time I played career mode I was managing Sandefjord in Norway and on the maximum difficulty I had a 100% record in the first half of my second season, it's just boring. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Cicero said:

PES looks equally shit 

It’s essentially just a kit update of the previous season, they’re setting up a new game engine for next season.

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Not sure what you mean?

The defending is terrible, one of the worst FIFA games I’ve played in years. Going back to FIFA 20 that still has its problems in terms of passes being made that you definitely didn’t make, or poor player switching when defending, but FIFA 21 just upped the bad defending by a country mile.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

It’s essentially just a kit update of the previous season, they’re setting up a new game engine for next season.

The defending is terrible, one of the worst FIFA games I’ve played in years. Going back to FIFA 20 that still has its problems in terms of passes being made that you definitely didn’t make, or poor player switching when defending, but FIFA 21 just upped the bad defending by a country mile.

Ahh I see. I genuinely haven’t noticed or felt any complains personally from this yet. Nothing that’s made it stop playing.

For me it’s a step up from the last one anyway.

Defending has annoyed me for years but it’s just because it’s hard and I’m not the best at it. But not to the point it stops me playing.

Edited by JoshBRFC

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Ahh I see. I genuinely haven’t noticed or felt any complains personally from this yet. Nothing that’s made it stop playing.

For me it’s a step up from the last one anyway.

Defending has annoyed me for years but it’s just because it’s hard and I’m not the best at it. But not to the point it stops me playing.

I’ve never been bad at defending, not great but decent. They’ve taken the ability for the computer to do some of the defending which for me is silly as you can’t control 3-4-5 players at a time so it helps that you can defend using AI. Without it it’s just been shit imo, I might try it again but I was pretty disappointed in FIFA 21, first time I’ve stopped playing a FIFA game because of the gameplay

53 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’ve never been bad at defending, not great but decent. They’ve taken the ability for the computer to do some of the defending which for me is silly as you can’t control 3-4-5 players at a time so it helps that you can defend using AI. Without it it’s just been shit imo, I might try it again but I was pretty disappointed in FIFA 21, first time I’ve stopped playing a FIFA game because of the gameplay

That's cos you used to park the bus ala Mourinho whenever I played you. xD

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).