talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Cark aka @Danny really was a park the bus team though, he was a cunt to play against.

It was a nightmare to play against him. I was literally  eating during the game against him cause he was playing with 8 defenders and 2 CM and was abusing FIFA's mechanics, full ultra defense, score a goal from a corner and then start passing the ball in defense.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

@Fusion and his hoof to Falcao still haunts me to this day. 

I had to do it...it was the ONLY way a weak side like Atletico Madrid could face Everton...

Edited by Fusion

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's cos you used to park the bus ala Mourinho whenever I played you. xD

2 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

We played once, I was shite in that game. But then you wouldn't play me again, you fanny 😂.

Cark aka @Danny really was a park the bus team though, he was a cunt to play against.

Had many games with @JoshBRFC

47 minutes ago, Fusion said:

It was a nightmare to play against him. I was literally  eating during the game against him cause he was playing with 8 defenders and 2 CM and was abusing FIFA's mechanics, full ultra defense, score a goal from a corner and then start passing the ball in defense.

I had to do it...it was the ONLY way a weak side like Atletico Madrid could face Everton...

Please excuse me whilst I go and bathe in your tears xD

• Haha 1

That was a specific FIFA though, I remembe it well because I used to get battered by my cousin who would play as Aston Villa back when they had Carew, Young and Agbonlahor. I’d normally play as Everton and secure wins with defensive football and I think Yakubu up top xD

In the later editions of FIFA I drifted more to teams like Dortmund and Napoli and played expansive, quick one touch stuff instead. Do have the odd formation in my head every now and then for a park the bus masterclass

55 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

@Fusion was Bolton under Fat Sam. Brutal tackles taking out your players, then hoofing it to Falcao.

Those leagues were hilarious to be honest. 

HAHAHA, it's so sad reading that because it's so accurate.xD My tactics were literally butchering legs of enemy's key players and then using my fullbacks for longs balls. Poor Juanfran and Filipe Luis were averaging 40 long balls to Falcao per game and I had Turan and Diego Costa on the wings just to chase the long balls.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

That was a specific FIFA though, I remembe it well because I used to get battered by my cousin who would play as Aston Villa back when they had Carew, Young and Agbonlahor. I’d normally play as Everton and secure wins with defensive football and I think Yakubu up top xD

In the later editions of FIFA I drifted more to teams like Dortmund and Napoli and played expansive, quick one touch stuff instead. Do have the odd formation in my head every now and then for a park the bus masterclass

Which team did you used on that mini tournament we did with TotalFootballForum guys, I can't remember... Wasn't it West Ham or Aston Villa?

Edited by Fusion

5 minutes ago, Fusion said:

HAHAHA, it's so sad reading that because it's so accurate.xD My tactics were literally butchering legs of enemy's key players and then using my fullbacks for longs balls. Poor Juanfran and Filipe Luis were averaging 40 long balls to Falcao per game and I had Turan and Diego Costa on the wings just to chase the long balls.

Which team did you used on that mini tournament we did with TotalFootballForum guys, I can't remember... Wasn't it West Ham or Aston Villa?

Might have been Villa with Young and Gabby

• Upvote 1

I don’t play online much. I don’t win many. I usually dominate possession, but need to work on defending. That used to be my forte. I give away so many soft penalties on this new FIFA.

Have battled away mostly on squad battles building up a decent team for $0. But don’t really have any special item players except Ødegaard OTW (got lucky early on in the game).

My aim is to play more rivals games and enter the weekend league eventually but I really struggle for time. On a good day I can play 5/6 games but that’s only been because of holidays haha. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Toinho said:

I don’t play online much. I don’t win many. I usually dominate possession, but need to work on defending. That used to be my forte. I give away so many soft penalties on this new FIFA.

Have battled away mostly on squad battles building up a decent team for $0. But don’t really have any special item players except Ødegaard OTW (got lucky early on in the game).

My aim is to play more rivals games and enter the weekend league eventually but I really struggle for time. On a good day I can play 5/6 games but that’s only been because of holidays haha. 

I’ve not bothered with the Weekend League yet, it’s such a grind. Played a few rivals and built my points up slowly. But even in lockdown I would struggle and it would be an effort to play 30 games in a weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded this again because it’s such a waste of money not to be playing it, but Jesus they haven’t fixed a thing. Defending is still bad, the player changing in key areas is still bad and your defenders actual movement to the ball or oppo is so laboured and takes forever.

Depending on the team I either batter teams 4/5-0 or get into stupid 3-3/4-4 battles, at a certain point within the area it is just not worth having a goalkeeper in goal. Game is saturated with goals it becomes like a BTEB NBA game

The more I try to play this piece of shit the more problems you come away with, the basic mechanics of the game are so off the boil. Players just stand still and don’t track back, like 2 meters away, don’t even make an attempt to get into a defensive position. Which means if you try and manually do it you lose control of the back 4. Tackling is just non existsent, so many times you put a tackle in and it’s this laboured and clunky lunge forward that apparently the computer can read with ease. I literally just put a tackle in on a player who was cruyff turning, anticipated the defender would try and take him as he came back. No, he lunges after the turn happens and is no where near the ball. Just such an inferior game to FIFA 20 which is annoying cos I don’t know how many more career modes I can do.

Have EA even acknowledged how bad the game play is? I’ve never seen so many complaints for game play for any edition of FIFA, it really is just a clunky run and shoot game.

45 minutes ago, Danny said:

The more I try to play this piece of shit the more problems you come away with, the basic mechanics of the game are so off the boil. Players just stand still and don’t track back, like 2 meters away, don’t even make an attempt to get into a defensive position. Which means if you try and manually do it you lose control of the back 4. Tackling is just non existsent, so many times you put a tackle in and it’s this laboured and clunky lunge forward that apparently the computer can read with ease. I literally just put a tackle in on a player who was cruyff turning, anticipated the defender would try and take him as he came back. No, he lunges after the turn happens and is no where near the ball. Just such an inferior game to FIFA 20 which is annoying cos I don’t know how many more career modes I can do.

Have EA even acknowledged how bad the game play is? I’ve never seen so many complaints for game play for any edition of FIFA, it really is just a clunky run and shoot game.

Virtually anyone with any skill set can beat the most experienced player, bar if they are a pro. Once you learn how to play the game (essentially either ping it wide and run with your wingers or just play a simple through ball) anyone can beat anyone. 

Edited by Cicero

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).