talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

4 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Every year the same people moan about this game. Who’s forcing you to buy it? xD

You are a proper denier of genuine criticism aren't you? xD Won't hear a bad word against Fifa or Eddie Hearn :ph34r:

Personally I've no problems playing Fifa most years, last year's got a bit dodgy in places but was still a very enjoyable and playable game. 21 is just dogshite though, it's no coincidence that the same problems about this years version have constantly been brought up

I've enjoyed this game but I had no expectation going in to this after last year's game and I do think Danny's criticisms are fair.

In general the Xbox One / PS4 generation has absolutely sucked. Some of the games being released in 2013/2014 were brilliant in comparison. You accept that there's a year or two transition period between consoles as creators are discovering the full capability of new consoles but I can't think of any games from this generation of consoles that are going to be remembered as legendary. The games I've had the most fun on are remakes of old games.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Pretty much the entire industry as there no other decent game out

22 hours ago, Danny said:

You are a proper denier of genuine criticism aren't you? xD Won't hear a bad word against Fifa or Eddie Hearn :ph34r:

Personally I've no problems playing Fifa most years, last year's got a bit dodgy in places but was still a very enjoyable and playable game. 21 is just dogshite though, it's no coincidence that the same problems about this years version have constantly been brought up

It’s subjective.

I know the game’s been poor at times, but if I thought the same every year I wouldn’t buy the game just because everyone else does. There’s plenty of other games, other sports games, other games that I enjoy and play. There’s a big market out there lads ;) .

PS say what you want about fifa but leave Eddie alone.

Edited by JoshBRFC

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Danny said:

Plus you have to buy it before finding out how shit it is

Demo? Or buy the disc version then get a refund when you open it and play and realise it’s shit. xD  Most games even if you buy off the online store will have a cancellation policy just like anything nowadays. 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

It’s subjective.

I know the game’s been poor at times, but if I thought the same every year I wouldn’t buy the game just because everyone else does. There’s plenty of other games, other sports games, other games that I enjoy and play. There’s a big market out there lads ;) .

PS say what you want about fifa but leave Eddie alone.

There are no other football games though, if you want to play a decent football game you have to play FIFA, so it’s disappointing to chuck 40-50 quid on a game that has very clear faults in its gameplay

• 1 month later...

@Danny @JoshBRFC

I have one question and one question only boys. 

in every fifa I EVER FUCKING PLAYED until 20, if you changed from "defensive, normal, attacking" or whatever, the game would push players forward/back/whatever, but keep your formation the same. This was smart. 

In fifa 20, if you changed mode, it would reset you to default formation. Nothing like tryna go all out attack with Bremen and having the game go "Oh by the way, your tactics for this level of aggression is 5 at the back, one up front"

I understand that it might make sense in career mode or something, but in random pick up games I don't wanna edit my attacking and ultra attacking teamsheets EVERY FUCKING GAME. 

If that is still the case I'm not buying this fucking game. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Danny @JoshBRFC

in every fifa I EVER FUCKING PLAYED until 20, if you changed from "defensive, normal, attacking" or whatever, the game would push players forward/back/whatever, but keep your formation the same. This was smart. 

In fifa 20, if you changed mode, it would reset you to default formation. Nothing like tryna go all out attack with Bremen and having the game go "Oh by the way, your tactics for this level of aggression is 5 at the back, one up front"

I understand that it might make sense in career mode or something, but in random pick up games I don't wanna edit my attacking and ultra attacking teamsheets EVERY FUCKING GAME. 

It doesn’t make sense in career mode, you have to preset your formations which is annoying because I don’t always want to go ultra attacking in the same formation. Basically I just play on normal all the time

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So it still does it? Fuck me.

I just change and move the formation rather than going attacking or defensive. 

FIFA is shit to be honest, I hadn't played since FIFA19 but fancied to play a bit of football on console so bought 21 for the career mode, you can get by if you've not played in years but if you judge it year on year it's just laughably poor.

I enjoyed switching to PES for a year, but that too has glaring problems.

I've been enjoying playing Fifa 20, I never play online so Ultimate team doesn't effect me. I've been setting challenge recently for career modes, the current ones I've got are:

Southampton: Essentially make the entire 11 an academy graduate side and try and win silverware, Saints have so many players that came through their academy that you can buy back that you can not only build an 11 but make a decent squad. Currently got Chamberlain, Bale and Obafemi ripping up defences. Jacob Maddox is an average rated academy player but he is very good at dribbling and even though rated low-mid 70s, his ability to run the ball down the line and drag back at the byline forces him into my team. The only position I couldn't fill with an academy player as of yet is GK. On top of the players below there are other older and younger academy players moving in and out of the 11, Hansen, Smallbone, Lallana and Armstrong off the top of my head. I survived relegation by the skin of my teeth in the first season, first half of second season found myself in a battle for 4th place so signed Bale in the January to help with the push.

Obafemi

Maddox - Chamberlain - Bale

Ward Prowse - Reed

Shaw - Mings - Chambers - Valery

Henderson

Fenerbache: I wanted to take a giant from another country who's on a downer and turn them into a European powerhouse, into my second season with Fener. They start with no European football and not a lot of money, finished the season in 3rd, qualified for the EL and managed to bring a couple players in. Aiming for either Turkish players or players of Turkish descent, signed Arda Turan early on and then realised he's an old Gala academy graduate so had to leave with that mistake, but he's helped score important goals to secure me European football and win the Turkish Cup. As of my second season in charge my team looks like the below, I'm hoping in my 3rd season I can sign Gundogan and one or two others so I can compete for the Champions League, but Kokcu specifically is a wonder kid on Fifa and his dribbling on there is Messi-like. To sign more players I'm going to have to sell Wijndal who originally came in for about £15mish and is agfter one season worth £40m+, so that should do the job. Also Aurelio Buta is one of the best wing backs in the game if you train him consistently.

Unal

Calaghou - Kokcu - Rodrigues

Sahin - Serdar

Wijndal - Soyuncu - Kabak - Buta

Bayindir

I have recently started games with Marseille, Sporting and Aberdeen and the Marseille one is a good challenge because of Monaco and PSG so I'll be diving deeper into that one, mainly signing French and French born/raised players. Currently got Payet, Taarabt and Benrahma in my team.

Edited by Danny

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Danny @JoshBRFC

Yeah they added it for online as a tactical change if you change formation. As like a one touch of a button changes tactics and formation.

You’ll have to change your custom tactics before the game and for each style of play eg defensive/attacking make sure they’re the same formation if you don’t want to change. 

• 3 weeks later...

Stopped playing in FIFA 19 due to the online bullshit, but decided to pick up FIFA 21 as it was on offer so that I could play career mode, allowing myself to scratch the football sim itch without having to take out a second mortgage to compete. I'm playing with Everton and have just started season six, I've managed to built myself a monster squad which is below - I've won the Premier League three years running but it's so challenging to keep winning the Champions League, I have one title but always seem to fuck up a tie and knock myself out! 

Mbappe (98) Haaland (94)

Foden (94)

Aouar (93) Tielemans (94) F. de Jong (96) Alexander-Arnold (94)

de Ligt (91) Kimmich (96) Marquinhos (94)

Donnarumma (94)

Subs: Digne (90), Dias (91), Ndidi (88), Maddison (93), Calvert-Lewin (97), Richarlison (96), Grealish (92)

Reserves: ter Stegen (96), Alphonso Davies (88), Camavinga (87), Thiago Almada (85), Vranckx (81), Xavi Simons (81).

On 01/05/2021 at 01:21, Cicero said:

DCL has a 97 potential? 

Indeed, he's insane. I actually swapped him with Mbappe plus cash when he was 93 rated, but then bought him back a season later. 

He's a really good all round striker to have, seems to do everything pretty well.

On 02/05/2021 at 19:22, Whiskey said:

Indeed, he's insane. I actually swapped him with Mbappe plus cash when he was 93 rated, but then bought him back a season later. 

He's a really good all round striker to have, seems to do everything pretty well.

I won the PL with Everton in career mode and he scored 40 odd goals for me. Was very good! 

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).