talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded FIFA 21 again seeing as I did spend £50 or so on it.

Started a file with Crystal Palace and have gone Championship heavy with the signings; Olise, Ejaria, Dasilva and Henry on top of Eze already being signed.

On top of that I signed Sven Botman.

Currently play a 5 man defence, no wing backs just full backs but they have freedom to push forward. Wing backs have left me too open. Two man midfield, one is defensive and looks to stay back/on edge of area for attacks, the other fully attacking with 3 forwards up top.

It’s frustrating to have to have the structure of my team so defensive but it stops me from conceding and also is actually really good as an attacking formation because I can draw the opposition deep into my half with so many passing options and then still have a midfielder and 3 forwards to attack with.

Defending has literally just been ushering the oppo forwards out wide, sometimes put in a tackle first time but only if confident. Never let my 3 CB line turn to 2 because a defender came out and missed a tackle.

This game file has been more enjoyable since I started this formation, really suits a good passing side and Ejaria is a perfect centre mid for only about £10m.

Edited by Danny

• 2 months later...

Appears FIFA 22 will have a create a club option in career mode. Kit, badge, and stadium build. There are also a vast additional features in player career mode. They are also adding the National League. 

397eeb899541ecc7f00d6f58800a28f3018c08ae

Don't know why they ever got rid of it. You used to be able to do it in FIFA 11. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber

Anyone who has fifa preferably on the PS5 and ever fancies a game hit me up. 

We need a league like the old days, but in the meantime if anyone wants to play coop with me. This was me and my mate tonight from our respective homes. 😎

57F3D5B7-90F5-446B-ABE7-0E5CBC8E930E.thumb.jpeg.77db5e5fba648b1231f672a4ae95f8fa.jpeg

12 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Anyone who has fifa preferably on the PS5 and ever fancies a game hit me up. 

We need a league like the old days, but in the meantime if anyone wants to play coop with me. This was me and my mate tonight from our respective homes. 😎

57F3D5B7-90F5-446B-ABE7-0E5CBC8E930E.thumb.jpeg.77db5e5fba648b1231f672a4ae95f8fa.jpeg

Could try a league just for a laugh really. Problem was always time dedication. Some ended up playing most of their games while others only played 2 or 3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Danny said:

No one bought this yet? Defending issues in the last game not been addressed and the graphics are visibly worse...all well and good having a realistic Jack Grealish but if you can’t do the basics it really is a wasted £50

Kinda surprised you thought EA would do something worthwhile really. :whistling:

I've bought it, got it Friday on its release date. I think they've made finishing slightly harder on this version.

On last year's if I cut inside from the wing I'd 9x out of 10 know its going in the far corner. This year's doesn't seem as easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually buy a new FIFA game every 4 years or so, so this is the first one I got since 18. After still seeing some of the same bugs in the game, and witnessing shit players score 30 yard screamers in every game (both for my side and the opposing team), I deleted it. Sadly can't get a refund, but lesson learned.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some of the goals I've scored on this are unreal.

Ansu Fati and Pedri to 99 overall rating on career mode. @Cicero

Created a club "Lancaster City" and built it from scratch(but from the Championship, as I couldn't be bothered starting from league 2). 10 years into it and I'm now slowly building a future team of youth.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Haven't played Ultimate Team for a month or two, built a decent team considering little time, no money spent, and I usually did squad battles only because of said time issues haha.

However, resumed my Career Mode that I started maybe 5 months ago. My challenge was to take the worst team in the Championship (Peterborough United) to be European Champions within 5 seasons (I will be upping the difficulty as I progress through the game - no point doing the whole thing in like professional haha).

Granted, I started at a lower difficulty than I use on Ultimate Team, and managed to pull off a few early wins and that led into an incredible run that sees me top of the table by 3 points over Sheffield United at the midway point. 

I signed Ryan McGowan (67 rated) and Marin (65) on frees, and 'splashed the cash' on a young Barca GK called Tenas to bolster my side, as well as a teen striker prodigy from Watford called Toure.

I will be pushing the difficulty level up for the remainder of the season, as I have used my striker Dembele to perfection (27 goals in 23 games) and I am starting to win most games by 3 goals. Defensively I need to improve.

Highlight: Losing by penalties to Man City in the Carabao Cup. 

Lowlight: Bournemouth spanking me in my only league defeat so far.

Edited by Toinho

• 4 weeks later...

There is still that glitch in all career modes where after a few seasons, players will be playing in wrong positions on CPU/AI teams. 

CMs at LB. 

CBs at CM

LBs at CB

The rating feature on player career mode is a neat idea, but it should be coded to be on the AI/CPU as well. There is this god awful ST and CM at the club my player is currently at, and they both average 6/10 performances a game. They still get selected whereas if you finish between a 7-8 rating consecutively you get dropped. 

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).