talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

59 minutes ago, Tommy said:

End of an era. I remember FIFA 96 being the first one I've ever played. EA Sports FC sounds kind of stupid. 

Same for me on the Mega Drive. Can't remember which version it was (might be the very first one), but I remember one of them you can run away from the ref constantly to stop being booked.

• Upvote 1

Just wanted one game with EA's licensing and presentation with PES' gameplay, master league and editing. Can't everyone just come together so we can have one complete football game? Seem further away from that than ever.

Micro transactions are the worst thing to happen to video games.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Gianni Infantino has lost his mind completely. To be fair, I don't know if he ever had a sharp mind, but everything you hear from him now is complete bonkers. 

Whats you current lineup and formation? :35_thinking: ..i tend to go for fast players, this teams working well

Ederson

Cancelo - Marquinhos - Varane

De Bruyne    -  De Jong

Sterling         -    Llorente   -               Sane

Mbappe  -  Haaland

BENCH:- Steffen, Walker, Goretzka, Hakimi, Silva, Coman, Jesus

RESERVES :- Militao, Zakaria, Ake, Klostermann, Muric, Foden, Lamier, Martins, Harrison,  Acheampong, Daka, Armstrong, Nmecha

Edited by Happy Blue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spent a bit of time on FIFA22 the last few weeks. The old 1 now, as 23 is newly out.

Impressed by AI ref improvements since my last FIFA, which was FIFA20. You can now get away with similar jostling/light tackles that only AI opposition could do in 20. And hard tackles are not mandatory red cards.

And love the financial take over option. To make it a bit more Fantasy Football from day 1 of career mode.

Sad such a chunk of Italian sides are only there in PES style.

So many real German grounds included that Frankfurt were my 2nd build to Champions League after Villa. And do love their massive cube 4 side screen that hangs over the centre circle, NFL style. Would not want to play under it though..

• 2 months later...

Anyone play career mode?

I'm slowly starting a career with Brondby IF in the Danish Superliga, plan is to win multiple Champions League titles with a team full of Danish stars. Difficult to start with as most of their players are in the 60s ratings and they have a transfer budget of £9m, which is about the average cost of the average Danish player playing abroad, let alone top tier talent.

22 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

One thing I can't get over about FIFA 23 is how abysmal the graphics look. It's kind of jarring seeing how far other games series have come in terms of graphics... and then just these FIFA graphics that look barely updated in the last 10 years.

I'm probably a broken record at this point, but when the game sells a shit ton and people piss their money away on Ultimate Team, why bother putting the effort in.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • Subscriber

Anyone playing much of EA FC? I've put in quite a few hours so far. Ultimate Team is still a pile of shite because of people paying to win and the unrealistic playing methods people use but enjoying Player Career and Manager Career, and I'm also doing a Premier League playthrough when I do every single game because I am a sad man.

40 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Anyone playing much of EA FC? I've put in quite a few hours so far. Ultimate Team is still a pile of shite because of people paying to win and the unrealistic playing methods people use but enjoying Player Career and Manager Career, and I'm also doing a Premier League playthrough when I do every single game because I am a sad man.

Nah, and most likely won't play it unless one of my mates have a copy.

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2023 at 14:10, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Nah, and most likely won't play it unless one of my mates have a copy.

I got FC 24 for the Switch yesterday. Not a bad a game for Switch standards to be honest. I like actually like it so far.

Fifa 23 was horrible. I couldn't play it and ended up whacking it on ebay. How they could release a game like that on the Switch is embarrassing. 

This is atleast a proper game though and should keep me sane while flying to Fuerteventura in 3.5 weeks.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I got FC 24 for the Switch yesterday. Not a bad a game for Switch standards to be honest. I like actually like it so far.

Fifa 23 was horrible. I couldn't play it and ended up whacking it on ebay. How they could release a game like that on the Switch is embarrassing. 

This is atleast a proper game though and should keep me sane while flying to Fuerteventura in 3.5 weeks.

I'm a bit hesitant on buying any FIFA/FC game on Switch as EA tend to update the teams and that's about it (I.e. it's literally the same as the previous version). 

2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm a bit hesitant on buying any FIFA/FC game on Switch as EA tend to update the teams and that's about it (I.e. it's literally the same as the previous version). 

They haven't done that with this though and it's an actual new game this time.

That Fifa 23 was horrible due to the reasons you mentioned. I only bought it for when traveling, but ended up selling almost instantly. Terrible game. 

I'm supposed to be at work now, but due to the site being 7 mins walk from home, I fuck off home all the time. We can't do much in the rain since it's external building work so when they are sat in the brew room, I sneak off home, playing on the switch/watching TV and smoking a spliff. Fuck them 😆

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Haha 1

On 04/10/2023 at 13:29, Pyfish said:

It's the first FIFA that I've just not got into. I'm usually in Div 1 on UT but being battered this year as the P2W is unreal, can't play for free anymore and do well.

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).
9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Changed the title. It’s the same game with a name change…stop being dramatic, people xD

I’ve just started playing over the last few days. It’s a lot harder but had a few new additions that I like. 

How much harder? I had to put sliders on for career mode as it became too easy. Winning every game 4/5/6-0, ended up winning the treble and the double in consecutive seasons with Aston Villa.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

How much harder? I had to put sliders on for career mode as it became too easy. Winning every game 4/5/6-0, ended up winning the treble and the double in consecutive seasons with Aston Villa.

Don’t okay against the CPU much, more meant hard to master. I’ve been playing online Ultimate Team.