talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

• Subscriber

I mainly do SBC's and weekly challenges etc. Nobody forces you to spend money. There's ways to spend money on all sorts of games.

It is frustrating coming up against an elite team but nobody forces you to play the game. All i hear on this forum is people moaning about the fact that other people spend money on it. Why let it bother you and stop you playing on a game? 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I mainly do SBC's and weekly challenges etc. Nobody forces you to spend money. There's ways to spend money on all sorts of games.

It is frustrating coming up against an elite team but nobody forces you to play the game. All i hear on this forum is people moaning about the fact that other people spend money on it. Why let it bother you and stop you playing on a game? 

People can spend their money how they want. I haven't sacked off Ultimate Team because of that. For me personally it's the realisation that while I enjoy team building, and earning packs through SBCs, playing actual matches was a chore and I was only doing it to get certain rewards in Squad Battles and Division Rivals. I've invested far too much time into Ultimate Team in the last 18 months or so for basically no reason. That's why I've bailed out.

However, as much as I say people can spend their money how they want, I stand by being able to see that it's still madness to hear about people paying £50 for the entire game,  then going onto spend literal thousands extra on the game just to get one special player which will likely only increase their enjoyment of the game by a little bit.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

People can spend their money how they want. I haven't sacked off Ultimate Team because of that. For me personally it's the realisation that while I enjoy team building, and earning packs through SBCs, playing actual matches was a chore and I was only doing it to get certain rewards in Squad Battles and Division Rivals. I've invested far too much time into Ultimate Team in the last 18 months or so for basically no reason. That's why I've bailed out.

However, as much as I say people can spend their money how they want, I stand by being able to see that it's still madness to hear about people paying £50 for the entire game,  then going onto spend literal thousands extra on the game just to get one special player which will likely only increase their enjoyment of the game by a little bit.

It is quite sad that so many people spend so much on the game. Me, you and the resident sheep shagger will never understand that. But people spend their money on far worse things xD

I dont blame EA in the slightest now. They have been very generous this year for players to earn coins. 

I'm a week in and I have a team consisting of Mertens, Saul, Gundogan, and Laporte a d my record in division rivals is 28-3. 

They reward you every week simply for playing. Really is no need to put real money in on packs unless you are pathetically desperate. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

I dont blame EA in the slightest now. They have been very generous this year for players to earn coins. 

I'm a week in and I have a team consisting of Mertens, Saul, Gundogan, and Laporte a d my record in division rivals is 28-3. 

They reward you every week simply for playing. Really is no need to put real money in on packs unless you are pathetically desperate. 

My thoughts exactly. So easy to earn coins and players. 

I’ve had Mertens since very early days and I’ve still got him. I use him at cam now though with Hamsik in a 451 and Dybala as the ST. 

Ive struggled to stay in the weekend league though as I never play enough games. 

• Subscriber

Absolutely no need to invest money in extra coins or whatever. I get enjoyment from knowing I've earnt it and built my team myself etc.

Hardly play FUT much now. Too invested in my Leeds career mode. About to leave to join Monaco.

Officially done with FUT now. Never have I ever refused such a change in FIFA that is Timed Finishing. 

Low driven and shielding the ball were wonderful changes to the game. This timed finishing bollocks influences your entire shooting game. It's so tedious to learn and ridiculous to always use.

Sticking with Career mode. Can at least turn it off. 

Edited by Cicero

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Officially done with FUT now. Never have I ever refused such a change in FIFA that is Timed Finishing. 

Low driven and shielding the ball were wonderful changes to the game. This timed finishing bollocks influences your entire shooting game. It's so tedious to learn and ridiculous to always use.

Sticking with Career mode. Can at least turn it off. 

Can you not turn it off on UT? I’m sure I have. 

• 4 weeks later...
football forum

Playing FIFA a lot on the Switch, I've actually found my love for this game again as I haven't gone anywhere near Ultimate Team, I've been without my Xbox for a few weeks so have literally just played the game as it's meant to be played. 

Anyway, I'm playing as Porto and trying to win everything with a full Portuguese team. I'm in Season 3 at the moment and have; 

Rui Patricio 87 

Alex Telles (Brazilian - 85) 

Ruben Vezo 81

Diogo Liete 82

Nelson Semedo 81

Nani 83

William Carvalho 85 

Rafael Guerrero 82 

Andre Silva 83 

Cristiano Ronaldo 88 

The Starting XI are all Portuguese bar Telles, my bench are all home-grown too with the likes of Ruben Neves, Renato Sanches and Bruma. I also brought back Quaresma for old times sake. 

With playing on the Switch it was hard to play with the little sticks at first so played on Professional, I ended up getting used to it a lot quicker than expected though and won the league, cup and Champions League in my first season. I've done the domestic double again in Season 2 but failed to get through the CL groups on World Class. I'm trying to do the treble again this year before moving up to Ultimate difficulty.

• 1 month later...

I figured it out. The best way to have 'fun' on FIFA. A mode that stays competitive and keeps things interesting. No more online bollocks and no more winning the league by February. 

Player Career mode. Play on a mid table club and lead them to glory. 4 season in and it is still competitive. Ignore all top club transfers. It's a trap

Edited by Cicero

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I would but lost all interest with how broken it is. A YouTuber (not the UT knobheads) did a test and scored 10 own goals a game, getting sent off in each and was dropped maybe once or twice a year. 

Another broken thing is if you are an attacking mid, and play on a club that plays a deep 4-4-2, you won't ever play. Even if you are 99 rated. This is an issue I experienced all the way back in FIFA 14

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The last time I played BAP was FIFA 15. The game bugged out and awarded me perks twice so I ended up being 107 rated (I didn't even know it was a thing) on £500,000 a week so only Barcelona and Real Madrid would approach me xD

I may try it again, bugs aside just as it's something new. 

It's the best game mode for me simply on the competitive nature of it. 

Career mode becomes rather tedious when you are winning the league by February and constant back to back CLs

• 2 months later...

Though this comes as absolutely no surprise, FIFA on Switch is basically a roster, database and kit update as other versions from the main two are. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-09-ea-explains-fifa-2020s-legacy-version-for-nintendo-switch

I know that no one's generally arsed but this is mainly for @Cannabis as I think he has FIFA 19 for Switch.

Not that it matters. EA could not bother with the Switch altogether and no one would really care. Far better games to play. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).