talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

football forum
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Told my girlfriend I've played FIFA since 1994, she couldn't believe how long it's been out.

It is mental when you look at it like th

World Cup '98 was my first. Loved that game so much.

15 hours ago, Danny said:

Told my girlfriend I've played FIFA since 1994, she couldn't believe how long it's been out.

Wasn't it that one where you could run away from the ref to stop him showing a yellow card?

96 on the Mega Drive wad my first one. Had a bug where a season finished after one game. xD

16 hours ago, Danny said:

My first was the one with Jason MacAteer on the front. So addictive even back then.

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

World Cup '98 was my first. Loved that game so much.

The version with the Chumbawumba song? or the version where you could play domestic fixtures and international games at the same time?

8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Wasn't it that one where you could run away from the ref to stop him showing a yellow card?

96 on the Mega Drive wad my first one. Had a bug where a season finished after one game. xD

Yes haha, you could push people over and then do a runner haha

I had a go last night since I was doing nothing else. PSG placed a 108 million bid for Suarez, who had lost his place in the starting line up to Mbappe, a player who has been on absolute fire and is in far better form. I took the 108 million and bought Gabriel Jesus for 68 million, it's all about the future now. Mbappe might only be 87 overall as it stands, but this is as a 21 year old. He is absolutely ridiculous on this game and continues to grow. Suarez wasn't happy with losing his place, is nearly 32 and on the decline, so it made sense.

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Laporte -- Pique -- Alba

Verratti -- Saul -- Thiago

Messi -- Mbappe -- Dembele

Dembele is ridiculous now. You can just feel him getting better and better when you play with him. Currently at 88 but it won't be long before he's in the 90s.

My second team even looks quality:-

Kepa

Roberto -- Umtiti -- Lucas -- Grimaldo

Denis -- Busquets -- Ceballos

Jesus -- Sanabria -- Deulofeu

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Maybe it's just me, but I love how important players of the team, particularly defenders, that when they are injured or suspended, can easily tarnish the overall balance of the side. 

Take this for example, going into my second season, I am 6 games into the league. Won 6, lost 0. 20 goals for, 0 against. Luiz picked up an injury, to which I replaced with Rudiger. In my CL match against Celtic, I lost 1-2. 

Edited by Cicero

After some embarassing defeats (4-1 against Leipzig, 4-0 against Man Utd), my Tottenham got its shit together and I'm back on track with like 6-7 consecutive wins and only 1 goal conceded. As Cicero pointed out, having a fit defence is vital, and with Alderweireld (87) and Vertonghen (85) in the back I can't complain at all. The only problem is that Barcelona is after Alderweireld, so I'll have to hold them off or look for a replacement.

Interesting things keep happening as the season goes on.

Sold Dembele to Barcelona (so now I guess they have 2 of them), and used the money to buy Draxler from PSG.

I lost a few important matches in the league, but I beat Chelsea 3-0 in the FA Cup Round of 16, and in the first knock-out match of the CL I beat Barcelona 1-3. My priority is still winning the league, but seeing as I'm 2 matches away from the FA Cup final I might as well go for that at well. CL seems a bit too much for now, despite giving Barcelona a thrashing.

1 hour ago, Panflute said:

Interesting things keep happening as the season goes on.

Sold Dembele to Barcelona (so now I guess they have 2 of them), and used the money to buy Draxler from PSG.

I lost a few important matches in the league, but I beat Chelsea 3-0 in the FA Cup Round of 16, and in the first knock-out match of the CL I beat Barcelona 1-3. My priority is still winning the league, but seeing as I'm 2 matches away from the FA Cup final I might as well go for that at well. CL seems a bit too much for now, despite giving Barcelona a thrashing.

Barcelona, City and Real Madrid are easier to beat than West Brom or Forest. 

The first season was a very successful one(after only managing a domestic double in the first season), it started with winning the Spanish SuperCup, followed by walking the league, beating Real 2-1 in the Copa Del Rey final and then drawing in the champs league final 2-2 with United(after being 2-0 up and them coming back with 2 late goals) then beating them on penalties to win a treble.

Top Scorers and Assisters:-

l5VKkhx.jpg

n5B3dkn.jpg

Mbappe is 20 and has been immense so far already. Dembele doesn't stop getting better himself.

Current team going into the third season:-

Ter Stegen(87)

Semedo(86) -- Laporte(88) -- Umtiti(86) -- Grimaldo(86)

Verratti(91) -- Saul(88) -- Thiago(91)

Messi(91) -- Mbappe(88) -- Dembele(89)

Second team:-

Kepa(84)

Roberto(84) -- Pique(85) -- Lucas(81) -- Alba(85)

Aleñá(79) -- Busquets(86) -- Ceballos(85)

Denis(86) -- Jesus(87) -- Deulofeu(87)

There is also Sanabria(84), but he's currently on loan at Man United.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

I play him as a RW mainly, although i don't have him out wide, he cuts inside. I don't really need himself and Dembele playing too wide when you have Semedo and Alba(well slowly Grimaldo now, who is taking over) bombing down the flanks. He's the most dangerous in that role in my opinion.

Also shoot from 20-25 yards or so using the finesse shot with him as the amount of goals I've scored from that range with him is ridiculous xD

Edited by The Rebel CRS

The thing with Messi on this is, you pretty much always score one on ones with him, you can beat a few players and score a finesee shot and he's class at shooting on it within around 25 yards of so, which makes him a threat from outside of the box. Not to mention, his passes are brilliant so you can also bag up the assists by cutting in from the right and playing through balls to the likes of Mbappe, and Suarez before him. Mbappe is starting to score a lot himself and Dembele was getting more, although is injured for a few months now so Gabriel Jesus will have to fill in for him.

Won the EPL and, hilariously, the Champion's League with Tottenham. Things suddenly went very well when I switched from a 4-4-2 system to a 4-3-3 system.

The only problem now is that I don't really know what to do with Harry Kane. Bas Dost (who I got from Sporting) seems to be the better goal-scorer, so he plays in the centre while Kane plays on the right. But he rarely makes goals or even assists now as I prefer to build attacks on the left (where I have Son and Draxler). He's a 25-year-old player with 88 avg., so I could just sell him for a 90-100 mln euros, but I wouldn't really know who to get instead anyway.

In other developments, Barcelona bought Toby Alderweireld, but he can easily be replaced by either Sánchez or Dier, who are both much younger. I actually preferred this option because it requires me to do less rotation to keep everyone happy.

I also took the job of coaching Canada, but I was eliminated in the group stage of the World Cup. Now I don't know whether to continue or find a better country, as Canada doesn't seem to have much in the way of promising new players. 

The Champions League is piss easy and I've run away with the league in my second season and it's only February (currently 17 points ahead of second place.....Southampton) United are fucking rubish, City are wank, and Arsenal are my closest rival yet they sit 4th, nearly 25 points away from me. 

I know in FUT they have an 'Ultimate' Difficulty level, they should have it for Career mode as this isn't a challenge at all. Think the only thing that can make it a challenge is win all 4 trophies in a season, or go unbeaten. 

Get this, I win the league and Champions league my first season, already won the league come february in my second season and pissing through the Champions league, and my manager rating is still only 81 xD

Edited by Cicero

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

The Champions League is piss easy and I've run away with the league in my second season and it's only February (currently 17 points ahead of second place.....Southampton) United are fucking rubish, City are wank, and Arsenal are my closest rival yet they sit 4th, nearly 25 points away from me. 

I know in FUT they have an 'Ultimate' Difficulty level, they should have it for Career mode as this isn't a challenge at all. Think the only thing that can make it a challenge is win all 4 trophies in a season, or go unbeaten. 

Get this, I win the league and Champions league my first season, already won the league come february in my second season and pissing through the Champions league, and my manager rating is still only 81 xD

You play every game then?

I thought this year they were suppose to make it realistic where the top teams would be great and kill the small teams.

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Totally forgot you got Thiago too @The Rebel CRS, he's joining me in January - how's he doing for you? My plan is to make him something of Iniesta's heir.

He's been brilliant and last season was the second top assist provider after Messi in all competitions, on 18. He has also started this season well so far and is currently rated at 91 overall, the same as Veratti who is also 91, although due to being younger is still growing and will soon be 92. Unfortunately the likes of Busquets(86) and more recently Alba(85) and Pique(85), have slowly lost their starting spots to Saul(88, nearly 89), Grimaldo(86) and Umtiti(86), who partners the brilliant Laporte(88, nearly 89), they still get plenty of pitch time though with the congested fixture list.

Deulofeu and Denis are also brilliant options to have on the bench. Gerard has grown to 87 so far and Denis to 86, so they are worth keeping.

As for Ceballos, who I stole from Madrid due to a clause, he is currently at 85 and keeps getting better.

The main worry now is Messi, who has dropped to 91(in his third season) and will likely be 90 by the end of it. Still though, a player of that overall rating is still one of the best in the world and will be even at around 88 so there is still a few seasons left in him before Jesus steps up and partners Mbappe and Dembele full time. Those 3 are already brilliant.

I don't play it that much but try to get on it for a good bash when I'm in the mood. To be fair, I haven't bothered playing anything else other than the career mode on this Fifa really.

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).