talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).

football forum

• Subscriber

Started a new Ultimate Team as I've got back into FIFA over Christmas with the down time. My first UT was shite as I just mashed the top rated players into a squad with no chemistry. This time I've gone with a Spanish/La Liga squad with a couple of irrelevant players I've got in packs and are two good to leave out. Early days but:

[Servers down, will post later]

Trophies with Barcelona:

La Liga: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-2021, 2021-22, 2022-23(x6)

Copa del Rey: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-2021, 2022-23(x5)

Spanish Supercup: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023(x7)

Champions League: 2018-19, 2019-20, 2021-22(x3)

Europa League: 2020-21(x1)

European Supercup: 2019, 2022(x2)

With France:

World Cup: 2022

Edited by The Rebel CRS

My team at the minute (built around speed)

(88) G.Jesus - (89) S.Aguero

(84) L.Sane - (92) K.De Bruyne - (84) R.Sterling

(87) D.Silva - (86) I.Gundogan

(84) B.Mendy - (86) V.Kompany - (83) K.Walker

(83) Ederson

BENCH:- Bravo - B.Silva - Mbappe - Lacazette - Stones - Fernandinho - Gutierrez

2ND TEAM

(82) K.Mbappe - (86) A.Lacazette

(81) K.Coman - (85) B.Silva - (80) I.Williams

(83) Y.Toure - (82) Fernandinho

(80) J.Stones - (83) N.Otamendi - (83) Danilo

(82) C.Bravo

BENCH:- Ederson - Gutierrez - Kayode - Sau - Stark - Delph - Al Muwallad

Just now, Happy Blue said:

It seems to work best doesn't it  

I had a strikeforce of Bendtner (mainly as he was tall and had good strength. Don't judge) and Sturridge in FIFA 14 with my Cardiff team. One decent through ball set Sturridge away all the time. 

I fully understand that some players are quicker than others but it's close to game breaking at times (not a dig at you in the slightest and more at the game itself).

6 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I had a strikeforce of Bendtner (mainly as he was tall and had good strength. Don't judge) and Sturridge in FIFA 14 with my Cardiff team. One decent through ball set Sturridge away all the time. 

I fully understand that some players are quicker than others but it's close to game breaking at times (not a dig at you in the slightest and more at the game itself).

It is kind of a broken game and a shame when you find a player you like is too slow to buy because some crap player is going to beat him to the ball purely because he's fast   ...i might start a new season and not buy any player with more than a 75 speed rating to see if it makes the game more realistic

11 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

My team at the minute (built around speed)

(88) G.Jesus - (89) S.Aguero

(84) L.Sane - (92) K.De Bruyne - (84) R.Sterling

(87) D.Silva - (86) I.Gundogan

(84) B.Mendy - (86) V.Kompany - (83) K.Walker

(83) Ederson

BENCH:- Bravo - B.Silva - Mbappe - Lacazette - Stones - Fernandinho - Gutierrez

2ND TEAM

(82) K.Mbappe - (86) A.Lacazette

(81) K.Coman - (85) B.Silva - (80) I.Williams

(83) Y.Toure - (82) Fernandinho

(80) J.Stones - (83) N.Otamendi - (83) Danilo

(82) C.Bravo

BENCH:- Ederson - Gutierrez - Kayode - Sau - Stark - Delph - Al Muwallad

Another whose first team would get hammered off my second team :hh:

I doubt I will bother much with it now as it gets boring, but this is what it is:-

Strongest 11:

Donnarumma(92)

Semedo(88) - Laporte(91) - Christensen(89) - Grimaldo(89)

Verratti(91) -- Saul(91)

Asensio(92)

Dembele(92) -- Mbappe(94) -- Jesus(91)

Second Team:

Kepa(86)

De Mafeo(84) - Rugani(89) - Umtiti(88) - Cucurella(85)

Aleña(87) -- Ceballos(89) -- Tielemans(90)

Pulisic(91) ---------------- Deulofeu(89)

Keita Balde(91)

Edited by The Rebel CRS

Decided to start a career with Blackburn Rovers. The plan is to buy young players(specifically teenagers) and grow them as I progress back up the leagues and hopefully take the club to the top of the pile in England. I've got some take overs I can use since I've never used one, so I used one of them in my first season. This enabled me to bring in 8 players, 4 of them were purchases and 4 were 2 season loanees. The take over was about 42 million or so in total I think.

Carles Aleña(75), CM - 18 million from Barcelona B
Marc Cucurella(69), LB - 3.1 million from Barcelona B
Ezequiel Barco(75), LW - 10.3 million from Independiente
Lautaro Martinez(73), ST - 7 million from Racing Club

Rob Holding(73), CB - 2 year loan from Arsenal
Tom Davies(74), CM - 2 year loan from Everton
Marcus Edwards(67), RM - 2 year loan from Spurs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Angel Gomes(65), CAM - 2 year loan from Man United

6 of them are starters, 2 are super subs.

Very strong side for this level and I should have no problems getting promoted in the first season.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber

Forgot how much of a grind getting coins is on ultimate team. Trying to save up 30k for Busquets to go in my Spanish/La Liga team, played for about 4 hours today and not got enough. At the moment I've got:

GK - Oblak, Asenjo 

RB - Carvajal, Juanfran

LB - Alba, Filipe Luis

CB - Javi Martinez, Gimenez, Mascherano, Savic 

DM - Nzonzi, De Rossi, Fabregas, Gabi

RM - Pedro, Vela

LM - Carrasco, Deulofeu

CAM - Franco Vazquez, Boudebouz

ST - Morata, Ben Yedder

Enjoyed doing something besides what everyone else does with "get every fast player from the Premier League" approach.

• Subscriber

Think I'm finally going to be an Ultimate Team wanker. Going to build a bit of a different type of squad though as I can't be arsed having the same as everyone else. Maybe something like Mexican or Uruguayan.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Portuguese is one of the best ways to go if you want to do that, everyone is cheap and you can get some really good players that can at least compete.

Portugal's a no-brainer actually. Perfect.

I tried to go for a different approach in FUT so i don't have to rely on pace, I spent all my funds on Ibrahimovic and Giroud up top thinking their finishing and heading would get me bags of goals, what a huge fucking mistake 7 games in and 2 goals between the 2 of them. 

• Subscriber

Just been playing Ultimate Team online. My side isn't exactly blessed with loads of pace so I enjoyed getting 4 wins and 1 draw against a succession of boring cunts who all have Aurier/Bellerin, Danny Rose, Bakayoko, and a front three picked from Sane/Mane/Vardy/Sterling/Lacazette.

Love that other people are making teams with something a bit different. I've managed to afford Busquets at last so next I'll be saving up for Iniesta followed by Benzema which will see my team look like this at full strength:

Oblak 88

Carvajal 84 Martinez 86 Gimenez 83 Alba 85

Fabregas 86 Busquets 86

Pedro 84 Iniesta 87 Carrasco 85

Benzema 86

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

I tried to go for a different approach in FUT so i don't have to rely on pace, I spent all my funds on Ibrahimovic and Giroud up top thinking their finishing and heading would get me bags of goals, what a huge fucking mistake 7 games in and 2 goals between the 2 of them. 

They're too similar to play together.

I admittedly skipped a lot of the games in the second half of the season as I got bored of that league and wanted my new players in xD. Won League One with ease though, won the Checkatrade trophy by simming(shite trophy) and got knocked out of the Carabao cup vs Leicester on pens after a 3-3 thriller and against Bournemouth after a 3-2 game in the F.A cup early rounds, both games of which I played of course. I simmed a lot of games, but won't be doing so in any other season now. Since it's back to work tomorrow, I doubt I'll have time to fanny around much on it either to be honest.

18-19:

David Villa, ST - Free transfer
De Ligt, CB - 18 million from Ajax
Odriozola, RB - 20 million from Bournemouth

Dani Ceballos, CM - 2 year loan from Real Madrid
Goncalo Guedes, LW - 2 year loan from PSG
Christian Fruchtl ,GK - 2 year loan from Bayern

Fruchtl(71)

Odriozola(81) - De Ligt(79) - Holding(75) - Cucurella(74)

Aleña(79) -- Ceballos(82)

Guedes(81) ----------------- Barco(80)

D.Villa(80) -- L.Martinez(78)

That's some line-up for the Championship.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

36 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just got 18 today. Its taking a lifetime to download, but I'm looking to make an A-League team. That or Liga MX, although I've done both before.

If you have a go on career mode, then take a look at Lautaro Martinez and Ezequiel Barco, from Independiente and Racing respectively. Both are growing quickly for my Blackburn Rovers team and cost about 15 mil for the pair of them.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

53 minutes ago, Blue said:

I just got 18 today. Its taking a lifetime to download, but I'm looking to make an A-League team. That or Liga MX, although I've done both before.

How many FIFA points do you have? Scout a young star and inject him with steroids. That's the way to go. You can hit a 90 rated player before he turns 21. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

How many FIFA points do you have? Scout a young star and inject him with steroids. That's the way to go. You can hit a 90 rated player before he turns 21. 

Probably 0, but I plan on getting a few. When this fucking shit actually finishes installing, if ever. Taking a lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Probably 0, but I plan on getting a few. When this fucking shit actually finishes installing, if ever. Taking a lifetime.

The points are points you've accumulated from playing past Fifa's on the same ea account. 

• The title was changed to EA Sports FC. (Formerly FIFA).