talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thursday 28th September - Matchday 2 (Group E)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Koeman needs his head checking for playing Gueye and Schneiderlin against literally any opponent, as well as Sigurdsson and Rooney. What does Schneiderlin even do in this team at the moment? And Sigurdsson is getting worse with every game. If he wasn't ready when he came back with no pre season he shouldn't have been playing because now we have a player who's probably fit but has no confidence or conviction about him.

It's a joke that we continually play with three central attackers lacking in pace while Mirallas, Lookman, Vlasic and sometimes Lennon are sat on the bench. With the team lacking confidence I'd much rather see us rely on a bit of kick and rush.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Arguably, Williams himself fucked up our game plan though by allowing us to concede so early. 

3 wins from 3, Ronald still won't get any credit but it's top stuff from me.

I'm not saying Koeman should be sacked (yet) but it's unforgivable that he continues to play Gueye and Schneiderlin together at home against the likes of Bournemouth and Apollon Limassol as well as persisting with Sigurdsson in this off centre playmaker role which anyone can see doesn't work.

You can't legislate for the pile of wank  that is Ashley Williams because there's no choice but to play him with Mori, Jagielka and Keane injured, but if we started with some pace in the side we could have put them on the back foot from early on and probably seen them off.

9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No more than they deserve.

Sigurdsson has to be one of the worst signings I've seen for the money spent on him.

Can't write Gylfi off after half a dozen games when his manager keeps playing him out of position for no reason.

We're just a shambles all over the show at the moment.

21:55

FULL-TIME

Everton 2-2 Apollon Limassol

Everton are booed off. Ronald Koeman heads straight down the tunnel.

assuming they play Lyon back to back next in this group. Surely got to be looking at winning at least one of them to give themselves a decent chance of qualifying.

8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

LFCMadLad straight in here cock in hand, you can just write it can't you?

Just found it hilarious you entering the Liverpool and Spurs threads to post a stat taking the piss about us drawing in Europe which took us to second in our Champions League group, and then ......

This happens :rofl:

You can just write it can't you? xD

• Subscriber

Absolutely shocking from Everton. To draw at home to 10 men who aren't even champions of Cyprus.

I'm struggling as an outsider to see what Koeman's trying to achieve. Collection of individuals with no real plan, no balance. Just nothing really. I wasn't entirely sold on your summer being as great as most made it out to be but I thought you would at least be better than this.

I think your next fixture is a fucker too. Burnley are very good at going away and frustrating and there'll be demands for a win.

Same predictable nonsense from the manager and the players. Easy to defend against, easy to score against. 

Williams is the worst player I've seen in the last decade for us. 

Rooney deciding to do whatever he wanted and spent the majority of the second half stood on Vlasic's toes. 

• Subscriber

The only thing stopping us from finishing 7th this season will be if Koeman keeps being a spastic and starting with effectively the same team every single game despite it not working. I swear to god if we line up against Burnley with two defensive midfielders again and Sigurdsson and Rooney both in a front three, I will be livid.

We need to overhaul the midfield and attack but we can easily do it with the options we have. It's not hard. I can accept playing Gueye and Schneiderlin both if we're say away at Chelsea, or if we're playing three centre halves and wing backs that are actually going to play as wing backs and get forward. The latter I don't see though as Baines hasn't got the pace anymore and Coleman is injured. We need to play one of those defensive midfielders to play as a defensive midfielder and partner him with Davies or even Rooney if needs be to contribute to the attack. Gueye and Schneiderlin together don't contribute enough going forward but are forced to try and do so against teams who sit back because otherwise we've got a four man attack against usually a six man defence. This results in them giving the ball away and getting caught out of position. 

Rooney is getting a lot of stick but I'll defend him on the basis that he's one of very few players who has actually delivered the goods at times this season unlike Sigurdsson, Sandro, Klaassen etc. However, there is no room for him and Gylfi in this team together because playing both of them sacrifices both positions in the front three that could be filled by a winger or even just a playmaker willing to take someone on. For me there was no point in signing Sigurdsson unless we play him in his position behind the striker. Use him as the pivot in our attack with Calvert-Lewin in front of him and whichever two of Sandro, Klaassen, Mirallas, Lookman, Bolasie, Vlasic etc. are in form feeding off him. Baffling when you think about the fact that Koeman has signed Bolasie, Lookman and Vlasic since taking over yet seemingly refuses to play any wide men at the moment. Rooney to be used as a rotation option or an impact sub which 99% of us always expected him to be. 

Not much you can do about the defence at the moment with injuries but Williams needs removing from the team as soon as literally any other defender is fit to replace him. Holgate has been bad as well in central defence the last two games but he has a number of fair excuses, Williams has none. 

On Sunday would love to see a refreshing lineup of Pickford - Kenny Keane Holgate Baines - Gueye Davies - Vlasic Sigurdsson Mirallas - Calvert-Lewin. 

• The title was changed to Thursday 28th September - Matchday 2 (Group E)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived