• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Owen Coyle Set for Ross County

football forum

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been in charge of Ross County for 20 games, 4 wins, 4 draws and 12 defeats. Far from the record that most people were expecting when he arrived. Looking at his record, he seems to have a pretty poor run of jobs since leaving Burnley. His reputation of 'good football' seems a be a reason for him being linked with jobs all the time, but that has been far from the evidence so far at Ross County. He has also brought in around the same time as Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock and that comparison will do him no good at all. Both former EPL managers, but it's not even a comparison on their impacts that they have had.

Ross County usually have a huge turnover in players every window and January was no different. 7 players brought in, but most of them are players who haven't been playing regularly in the first half of the season. Chris Eagles and David N'Gog may be recognisable names to some, but when you expect them to bring them out of trouble and they can't last 90 minutes, it's not going to be successful. Losing Liam Boyce last summer was a huge blow, but similar clubs to Ross County have lost similar quality players before and not had a collapse like they have this season. They brought in Billy Mckay who has consistently scored goals in the top flight in Scotland, even for poor teams, and he hasn't even scored for them yet. That definitely points to something that is wrong with the team.

• 3 weeks later...

Owen Coyle has resigned from his position as manager of Ross County.

The club confirmed the news on Thursday evening.

"Myself and the Chairman had a chat on Monday and after some reflective thought I felt for the good of Ross County - and the challenging situation with my family being in England," Coyle said in a short statement.

He seemed like a good prospect at Burnley. They were on course to stay up until he went. Personally I think when managers get sacked they start to doubt themselves and aren't as good as they were

Archived