talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Immigration

football forum

Is it something anyone has ever considered in the future? Whether its being an expat or going there for a short amount of time?

Right now I'm very happy about where I am but I would like to spend a year or 2 in a different country sometime in my twenties. Mexico and Malaysia have always been the 2 on my wishlist.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Is it something anyone has ever considered in the future? Whether its being an expat or going there for a short amount of time?

Right now I'm very happy about where I am but I would like to spend a year or 2 in a different country sometime in my twenties. Mexico and Malaysia have always been the 2 on my wishlist.

Also, think you mean emigration :)

I currently live in Sydney, I would love to be able to live in Australia permanently. Maybe Queensland or the Northern Shores in Sydney.

I could definitely live out here, America or even give Europe a go, Spain or Italy.

I personally think alongside getting a career you want to stay in and are passionate about, travelling is key to living a good life if you have the ability to do it. There is no better feeling than stepping off a plane and landing in a new city ready for you to explore and live in. So once I've done my backpacking, have lived in Oz and NZ, have backpacked Central America and with a bit of luck lived in Canada, I'll go back home to focus on getting into a career I like that can hopefully take me travelling again, whether it's to settle down in a new country or to make short visits to several.

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

I currently live in Sydney, I would love to be able to live in Australia permanently. Maybe Queensland or the Northern Shores in Sydney.

I could definitely live out here, America or even give Europe a go, Spain or Italy.

I personally think alongside getting a career you want to stay in and are passionate about, travelling is key to living a good life if you have the ability to do it. There is no better feeling than stepping off a plane and landing in a new city ready for you to explore and live in. So once I've done my backpacking, have lived in Oz and NZ, have backpacked Central America and with a bit of luck lived in Canada, I'll go back home to focus on getting into a career I like that can hopefully take me travelling again, whether it's to settle down in a new country or to make short visits to several.

Fuck off we're full.

10 hours ago, nudge said:

I emigrated over 3 years ago and it's the best decision I made in my life so far.

Did you live in Germany or Lithuania?

I applied to some jobs in Veracruz as a bit of a joke but if its a good offer, why not! 99% unlikely though haha

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

Did you live in Germany or Lithuania?

I applied to some jobs in Veracruz as a bit of a joke but if its a good offer, why not! 99% unlikely though haha

Both, mostly in LT, +Holland for two years in between.

I've only lived in 3 countries.

Born in Peru, moved to the USA when I was still not even a year old, moved back to Peru at 2, moved to Canada at 6 and moved back to Peru 12 years later in 2016.

Honestly it is something I want to do some day but not for a long time. I'm too proud of my heritage to go away for long.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

I've only lived in 3 countries.

Born in Peru, moved to the USA when I was still not even a year old, moved back to Peru at 2, moved to Canada at 6 and moved back to Peru 12 years later in 2016.

Honestly it is something I want to do some day but not for a long time. I'm too proud of my heritage to go away for long.

That's more than most people will in their entire life, hehe. This is my 4th country, but I'm sure it's not the last.

You can be proud of your heritage anywhere in the world xD Seriously though, it's definitely not for everyone. I've seen people suffering from extreme cases of homesickness, it was painful to watch. 

Well, we all know I spent 3 years abroad. Would recommend it wholeheartedly. Gives you a different perspective on the world and really broadens your mind. Most of all it helped me realise we have things pretty damn good in Australia (even though Japan is still a top performing place). Would consider living abroad again, strangely attracted to England. 

Archived