• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern sack Carlo Ancelotti - Heynckes takes over until the end of the season

football forum

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I wouldn't be surprised...  Bayern seems to be a mess right now with even players speaking out to the media which is something I don't remember from the Bavarian club.

The part in bold shows you´re either very young or your memory isn´t the best. Bayern owe their nickname FC Hollywood essentially the fact their players spoke out to the media at every opportunity they were given throughout the 80 ties ,90ties and the first half of the last decade. This habit only came to an end when Jupp Heynckes was at the clubs helm.

Back on topic, I wouldn´t be surprised if Bayern sacked Ancelotti as neither this years performances nor last years suffice Bayerns ambitions. Also there are no signifikant signs of improvement of the teams level since Ancelotti arrived.

22 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The part in bold shows you´re either very young

Thank you sir!  That's the best compliment I've had in quite some time. xD

23 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

or your memory isn´t the best

You related to my wife? :o

Jokes aside...  I won't argue with you because you're upto scratch on your Bundesliga stuff obviously.  I'm not and I've just gone on the impression I've always had with Bayern to be honest.  Probably based on recent history!

One thing's for sure...  When Pep departed and Ancelotti arrived, there were some singing that "The Bayern Way" would be once again implemented.

• Subscriber

The Robbin quote is a little short and a little out of context for click bait. The question was more about his choice of starters his full quote was more along the lines of "I won't answer that question, even one word would be too much we need to stick together" according to reddit that is anyway.

The rest of this news is not surprising at all Rucksack kind of summed it up. Things haven't looked to be improving for some time bar the Mainz game the tipping point might very well be that embarrassing loss for the brass. Christian Falk @ sportbild has reported the same thing, Tuchel's name has been bandied about more likely Sagnol would take over for the remainder of the season i would venture to guess.

It'll be interesting to see who they get in now because there isn't anything natural available to be honest.  Tuchel is overrated in my opinion and Bosz isn't ready as of yet.  Other top coaches are booked with the only candidate that would be interesting from my point of view, Monaco's Leonardo Jardim.  But if I were him I'd be wary considering the seeming unrest at the club right now.  He could walk into a transitional period which would put the pressure on him as the culprit for anything negative.

Out of boredom I had a look at the odds of possible successors at sky bet:

Early favorite as permanent manager is Julian Nagelsmann@ 1/4

followed by caretaker Willy Sagnol@11/4.

Thomas Tuchel third @14/1

Sky bet got some very strange suggestions like e.g. Jürgen Klinsmann, Patrick Vieira and -fanfare- Brendan Rodgers:dam:.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, nudge said:

His ego would be just right in place at Bayern too xD Seriously, just imagine the potential ego clash between Tuchel and Hoeneß xD 

Honestly thats the only concern i would have, those two sitting in a room together, hell throw in KHR and you have a regular fuckfest for lack of a better term xD

34 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

How so?

Because I see him as a vocal coach instead of one that gets on with his job.  He's too hands on with players and at the level Bayern play in which has nothing else to do with the rest of the Bundesliga, then he would cause problems with high profile players.  He hasn't experienced that level at all... The world Bayern Munich live in has nothing to do with Borussia Dortmund.

Jardim is quality...  Tuchel has nothing over him and is known for being pragmatic with big names which is very important.  Jardim is the future, but maybe it's too soon for him, certainly in the state Bayern find themselves in right now.

Joachim Löw is perfect!  He's just one of the best coaches in the world and extremely undervalued in his own country.  The work he does goes unnoticed because of how he is.  That would be the perfect replacement and German.  But obviously leaving the national side for something that's in disarray would be stupid.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Joachim Löw is perfect!  He's just one of the best coaches in the world and extremely undervalued in his own country.  The work he does goes unnoticed because of how he is.  That would be the perfect replacement and German.  But obviously leaving the national side for something that's in disarray would be stupid.

What the hell has he ever done at Club Level? 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What the hell has he ever done at Club Level? 

Without going into his history and using Google, I'd say not much if anything at all.  But the type of club that Bayern Munich are that isn't all that important.

What had Zinedine Zidane done at club level before taking over one of the most volatile jobs in clubs football?

Or Guardiola at Barcelona although on that one his knowledge of the club will defend the choice.

There's been plenty of names throughout the past that have taken high profile jobs and done well without having a massive track record at club level.

For me Löw is the perfect candidate...  Good man manager with big names, has the philosophy I particularly like in football and is a student of the game.  This is a personal opinion though and I'm sure Bundesliga experts can shoot me down like a pheasant in hunting season.

Archived