talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2018: SEVILLA FC 0-5 FC BARCELONA

football forum

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's shit how this draw works and it's unfair on the segunda B teams to be drawing the European standard top flight divisions, but it does give Barcelona  chance to rest players and give opportunities to the likes of Carles Aleñá and fringe players in the first team who could do with extra minutes. Then again, I don't believe that Real Murcia are one of the teams to be underestimated from that division.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I think it's shit how this draw works and it's unfair on the segunda B teams to be drawing the European standard top flight divisions, but it does give Barcelona  chance to rest players and give opportunities to the likes of Carles Aleñá and fringe players in the first team who could do with extra minutes. Then again, I don't believe that Real Murcia are one of the teams to be underestimated from that division.

Those lower division sides (lower than La Segunda) would tell you that these games save their clubs financially mate.  They're all dreaming of the big hit!

I agree...  Real Murcia isn't the easiest of those sides and could actually be a banana skin if not taken seriously enough.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Those lower division sides (lower than La Segunda) would tell you that these games save their clubs financially mate.  They're all dreaming of the big hit!

I agree...  Real Murcia isn't the easiest of those sides and could actually be a banana skin if not taken seriously enough.

I remember Real Union knocking Real Madrid out, and the following season they got HAMMERED off Alcorcon, so nobody can underestimate any side in this competition.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I remember Real Union knocking Real Madrid out, and the following season they got HAMMERED off Alcorcon, so nobody can underestimate any side in this competition.

was just about to mention the Alcorcon game. wasn't it 4-0?

30 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

was just about to mention the Alcorcon game. wasn't it 4-0?

ALCORCONAZO!!! :o

• The topic was pinned
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Copa del Rey 2017/2018

To be honest, I think he's ready now, nevermind next season. Problem is, if he doesn't get the required minutes, it might have a negative affect on him. So leaving him in the B team until the end of the season might make sense, but on the other hand, goal scorers are lacking in the first team right now and he sure knows how to score.

Marc Cucurella looks comfortable on the ball.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be honest, I think he's ready now, nevermind next season. Problem is, if he doesn't get the required minutes, it might have a negative affect on him. So leaving him in the B team until the end of the season might make sense, but on the other hand, goal scorers are lacking in the first team right now and he sure knows how to score.

Marc Cucurella looks comfortable on the ball.

There's a number of quality players in the 'B' team.  On the Arnáiz situation...  For me he needs to be promoted even if he does play less!  He needs to have that sense of advancement and I think he can do what Pedro done for example.

There's never a right time to be promoted.  For me it's all about the head coach in the first team having 'cojones'.

• 1 month later...

Real Madrid 2-2 Fuenlabrada (4-2 agg)

Real Madrid almost managed to do another of their embarrassing Copa del Rey campaigns. The away leg went 0-2 to Real with two penalties and today in the Bernabéu Fuenlabrada who managed a draw should've won easily. 

Results return legs 28th November 2017

CD Leganés 1-0 Real Valladolid (3-1 agg)

Málaga CF 1-0 CD Numancia (2-3 agg)

RC Celta Vigo 1-0 SD Eibar (3-1 agg)

Levante UD 1-1 Girona FC (3-1 agg)

Real Madrid CF 2-2 CF Fuenlabrada (4-2 agg)

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Can you believe it!

Athletic Bilbao are eliminated from the Copa del Rey by third division Formentera with the last kick of the game in the 95th minute... A 95th minute goal from minnows Formentera cause a massive shock!

I put money on them when they were 40/1  had a nice return :D

Results return legs 29th November 2017

Real Sociedad 2-3 UE Lleida (3-3 agg Lleida on away goals)

FC Barcelona 5-0 Real Murcia (8-0 agg)

Sevilla FC 4-0 FC Cartagena (7-0 agg)

UD Las Palmas 2-3 Deportivo La Coruña (4-6 agg)

Athletic Club Bilbao 0-1 SD Formentera (1-2 agg)

Atlético Madrid 3-0 Elche CF (4-1 agg)

How good is Carles Aleñà going to potentially be? He was excellent last night for me.

Great to see Sergi Roberto back, Denis have a great game, Arnaiz get on the scoresheet again(he should be called to the first team) and a nice run out for players such as Oriol Busquets.

Paco Alcacer with another goal also. A real poachers goal, which is what he's truly about. Deserves more chances, especially when you consider that the attack can be frustrating, then in the Copa Del Rey you have players like Arnaiz and Paco coming up with the goods, which makes you wonder why they aren't given more chances in la liga. Obviously Paco has had his chances(and took them well) but hasn't had enough of them for me.

4 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

How good is Carles Aleñà going to potentially be? He was excellent last night for me.

Great to see Sergi Roberto back, Denis have a great game, Arnaiz get on the scoresheet again(he should be called to the first team) and a nice run out for players such as Oriol Busquets.

Paco Alcacer with another goal also. A real poachers goal, which is what he's truly about. Deserves more chances, especially when you consider that the attack can be frustrating, then in the Copa Del Rey you have players like Arnaiz and Paco coming up with the goods, which makes you wonder why they aren't given more chances in la liga. Obviously Paco has had his chances(and took them well) but hasn't had enough of them for me.

Aleñà was indeed brilliant yesterday mate, he seemed to control it all and Arnáiz really does need to get his chance soon because otherwise he WILL be snapped up because he's ready.   But with Dembélé really close to his return and even talk of one or two signings in the January window, I don't know if they're gonna get that chance in the first team proper this season aside from playing in the Copa del Rey. 

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Aleñà was indeed brilliant yesterday mate, he seemed to control it all and Arnáiz really does need to get his chance soon because otherwise he WILL be snapped up because he's ready.   But with Dembélé really close to his return and even talk of one or two signings in the January window, I don't know if they're gonna get that chance in the first team proper this season aside from playing in the Copa del Rey. 

When Dembele is back mate I'd like to see what himself, Messi and Arnaiz could do together. Suarez is a star and when at his best, the only player who can score 50+ in all competitions apart from Messi and Ronaldo. However, he's in such bad form this season that it's becoming a hindrance to the team in general. He needs some competition and Arnaiz would provide that. I think Messi, Arnaiz and Dembele would be a refreshed front 3 personally and I believe they would be compatible. Also Paco Alcacer is a great option. I was one of those who didn't see sense in his signing originally, although now I'm one who believes he can offer a lot. He scores and offers something whenever he starts in his preferred position. Paco might not be the type who will dribble past everyone and score a goal, but he's a top goal poacher, his movement and ability to get into scoring positions is top notch, as with his link up play.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Paco might not be the type who will dribble past everyone and score a goal, but he's a top goal poacher, his movement and ability to get into scoring positions is top notch,

Sounds like the sort of player Arsenal needs :ph34r:

The problem with Alcácer is that the whole system changes when he plays... The way Barça finalise moves is conditioned by this and the team becomes more of a Real Madrid type team by crossing the ball in a lot more. With Luis Suárez and the Uruguayan's movement, the game is more unpredictable and even when he's not scoring himself, his constant movement creates spaces for others like Messi, wide players or midfielders. Infact for me Luís Suárez even not scoring like last season continues to be the best front man Barcelona can have, there is no better striker out there for Barcelona right now that I can think of mate. 

I forgot to post Thursday’s Copa del Rey results. Here they are...

Results return legs Thursday 30th November 2017

Deportivo Alavés 3-0 Getafe CF (4-0 agg)

RCD Espanyol 3-2 CD Tenerife (3-2 agg)

Villarreal CF 3-0 SD Ponferradina (3-1 agg)

Real Betis 3-5 Cádiz CF (5-6 agg)

Valencia CF 4-1 Real Zaragoza (6-1 agg)

• The title was changed to Copa del Rey 2018: Sevilla 0-5 Barcelona
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived