• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2018: SEVILLA FC 0-5 FC BARCELONA

football forum

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

I'm not a Liverpool fan,  but when the commentator said: "............that Liverpool connection!" it gave me chills.

I’m watching it on Spanish tv mate but they more or less said the same thing there.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

5th year in a row. 

That game still has to be played and Sevilla are final masters themselves.  But hypothetically speaking, if it were to be done then it would be the first time ever. Four in a row has been done before by Atlético Madrid and Barcelona off the top of my head I think although I’m not sure if it was Atlético.  But I know it’s been done aside from Barça.

The new debate in Spain will be where the final will be held because for both teams (Barcelona and Sevilla) Madrid is the halfway point almost to the last kilometre.  Atlético Madrid’s Metropolitano is the favourite because the Santiago Bernabéu tends to have new toilets put in around the final period. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That game still has to be played and Sevilla are final masters themselves.  But hypothetically speaking, if it were to be done then it would be the first time ever. Four in a row has been done before by Atlético Madrid and Barcelona off the top of my head I think although I’m not sure if it was Atlético.  But I know it’s been done aside from Barça.

Bilbao and Real 

Where do you guys think will Sevilla be in the next 2-3 years after they lost Monchi, Umery and then Sampaoli. Surely losing Monchi is their biggest blow and do you think they can keep up with their last few years where they had brilliant runs in the league and won several cups?

23 minutes ago, Asura said:

Where do you guys think will Sevilla be in the next 2-3 years after they lost Monchi, Umery and then Sampaoli. Surely losing Monchi is their biggest blow and do you think they can keep up with their last few years where they had brilliant runs in the league and won several cups?

Hard to say really... He (Monchi) definitely made money for Sevilla as they bought cheap and sold big.  It’s all about how long it takes Sevilla to spend that money unwisely.

15181273719365.jpg

On another note about last night’s Copa del Rey semi-final second leg between Valencia and Barcelona... André Gomes... Without a doubt and it’s known that the only reason André didn’t leave in the summer or even in the January transfer window is because of Ernesto Valverde himself.  Infact there was an alleged conversation between Valverde and a member of the technical team at board level that was leaked in which they told the Barça coach that there was big money being offered for the Portuguese international and that the club were listening to those offers, but that the last word and decision should be Ernesto Valverde’s...  Apparently Valverde answered; “If you sell André, then I want someone of his quality and potential coming in to replace him!”.  For that reason and that reason alone André Gomes continues to play for Barcelona according to those rumours.

Last night Valverde once again showed faith in André Gomes and played him in Mestalla against Valencia.  He (André) was severely criticised throughout the first half for being slow, predictable and in various moments breaking the football rhythm his colleagues were trying to set.  Nobody knows right now what occured at half-time but it’s unusual in a game of that magnitude to witness a half-time substitution and that’s what occured With André Gomes going off for Philippe Coutinho to replace him...  Coutinho was magic when he came on, straight away clicked with the rhythm of the game and of course, scored the vital opener for Barça which left Valencia with a mountain to climb which saw them having to score three goals to access the final itself.

Surely that is the nail in the coffin of André Gomes at Barcelona or maybe Valverde will continue to have faith in him and wait for the undoubted talent he possesses.  Who knows, but what’s for sure is that you don’t have to be a master analyst to see he just doesn’t fit into the context of how Barcelona play and not only is it bad for Barça but it’s surely also hurting André Gomes’ career.

Why does Andre Gomes start? He slowed the whole team down and it could have been costly. As soon as he came off for Coutinho, it was a straight forward win after that. With Andre Gomes on the pitch, it could have ended up turning sour. I don't get why Valverde is making the same mistakes as Luis Enrique did. What do they see in the man that nobody else in the world doesn't?

Coutinho made a massive impact when coming on. One thing I like about him is his long shots. He hasn't scored one yet, but has come very close. He brings new dimensions to the team is going to be an excellent signing, as players always seem to be when coming from Liverpool.

Suarez was class yesterday and had a hand in both goals. His piece of play in the first one especially was brilliant and Rakitic also had a fantastic game. He was man of the match in my opinion.

Another Barcelona vs Sevilla final. You can't underestimate Sevilla either as they are a trophy winning team and have had great success over the last 12 or so years.

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What do they see in the man that nobody else in the world doesn't?

Well listening to a podcast on my way to work this morning I was amazed to find out something that hadn’t come to light (at least I hadn’t read or heard about this due to info of that type being selective and difficult to acquire) until last night.  I’m talking about the privileged few journalists that are permitted to attend most training sessions and the talk is that André Gomes trains like a dog (their words) and is brilliant in training.

Now, this makes a lot of sense because in today’s football, coaches take training and everything that goes on within it very very seriously.  It seems that André’s problem is reproducing what he shows at training on match days.  There’s the confusing part and there are rumours it is something phsychological which I can believe.

• 2 months later...

This will be Iniesta's last final, it's a shame that last final isn't in May in the Champions league and this is his second to last final, but 4 Champs league medals is nothing to laugh at(nor are his 9 league titles and 5, potentially 6 Copa del rey medals), what a career he's had at the club and he's been decisive and important throughout this time and certainly no passenger.

A big win and a top performance tonight from Barcelona tonight along with beating Depor next week, followed by not losing(even if that's a draw) vs Real Madrid in the clasico would be a strong ending to the season, despite the embarrassment vs Roma. It'd also be good to see the team avoid defeat in the remaining La Liga games as going unbeaten for a season is historic, even if it doesn't win you any more medals than winning it with a loss or 2 would do.

37 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

What's the reasoning for the final not being at the end of the domestic season?

The World Cup according to the RFEF.  Although the final is held on different dates at the end and toward the end most seasons.  Coupled with the venue and the date, the Spanish football federation is a shambles.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Would be good for Spanish football if Sevilla won 

Not for Barça though...  There are too many reasons as to why almost every neutral not connected to either club in Spain want Barcelona to win it this year.

25 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The World Cup according to the RFEF.  Although the final is held on different dates at the end and toward the end most seasons.  Coupled with the venue and the date, the Spanish football federation is a shambles.

Not for Barça though...  There are too many reasons as to why almost every neutral not connected to either club in Spain want Barcelona to win it this year.

And those reasons are?

• The title was changed to Copa del Rey 2018: Sevilla 0-5 Barcelona
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived